Pages:
Author

Topic: why sometimes it takes a lot of time to get confirmations on blockchain? - page 2. (Read 1024 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
because some blocks are full and the transaction will be put in queue, or you simply didn't pay the reccomended fee, which isn't always 10k satoshi
Yeah, I sometimes don't do the recommended fee and then my transaction takes hours. Now I just use 50k satoshis and the transaction gets confirmations pretty quickly.

It depends on the kind of transaction that you send out. If it's for example a single input transaction, then 0.0002BTC will get it included in the next block. But if you have plenty of inputs bundled into one transaction and you just pay 0.0001BTC or even lower, then yes, it might take a few hours before your transaction gets its first confirmation. For bundled transactions I mostly use 0.0005-0.001BTC depending on the importance of the first confirmation. If there is no hurry at all, I just stick to 0.0002BTC.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
because some blocks are full and the transaction will be put in queue, or you simply didn't pay the reccomended fee, which isn't always 10k satoshi
Yeah, I sometimes don't do the recommended fee and then my transaction takes hours. Now I just use 50k satoshis and the transaction gets confirmations pretty quickly.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Sometimes its really frustating when transaction does not get any confirmation on blockchain for long long time...nowdays it is happening more regularily...for hours transaction remains unconfirmed on blockchain...what is the reason behind this?
Pages:
Jump to: