Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Stellar is not much better than XRP - page 3. (Read 615 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN
January 03, 2018, 04:11:52 PM
XRP and XLM are not related, don't share anything more than... the letter X

I think he's not referring into both project ideas but instead of comparing both by their circulation coins, maximum coin supply, coin price recently and other coin details. It's normal comparing two or more coins side by side that's why he needs so he need some people views and opinions on how they're seeing these two coins (Ripple and Stellar) comparison why Ripple is now superior than the other close contender coins way back weeks ago.
Activity: 224
THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN
January 03, 2018, 04:05:07 PM
There are so many aspects to consider why an Altcoin is supported by many investors over a specific Altcoin like Stellar. I agree that Stellar is better than Ripple in some aspects but I think people would choose the more popular + cheaper price like before when Ripple only holds $0.5 or lower then large volume of investments were coming into Ripple so that where the pumping began and now its somehow unstoppable.
Activity: 70
Merit: 21
January 03, 2018, 03:49:03 PM
What's strange is that a lot of these centralized currencies are listed on coinmarketcap and are discussed on decentralized ledger forums. There is nothing in the future of centralized currencies.

That is incorrect. Decentralized and centralized currencies (BTW, XLM is decentralized - just because it is banking/fintech related doesn't mean anything) can belong in separate spheres without competition.

Privacy coins like XSPEC (probably x10 in 2018 at least - it is a sleeping giant), Monero, will have their own niches as well.

But without a doubt, centralized systems have a future.

This isn't me talking - it's the many banks and financial institutions which are adopting and looking at XRP, and in the near future XLM.

Buy XLM over XRP, BTW. XLM should be at least half value of XRP, so the price should easily x4 in the near future.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
January 03, 2018, 03:51:51 AM
What's strange is that a lot of these centralized currencies are listed on coinmarketcap and are discussed on decentralized ledger forums. There is nothing in the future of centralized currencies.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 03, 2018, 03:50:05 AM
I think whether it is decentralized or not does not play a key role in its success in real business world. Being centralized may be better for company.
January 03, 2018, 01:41:36 AM
I think that's the right reason, why stellar can be left far from the ripple. I also strongly disagree if the stellar is used by criminals, should the developer know and make a firm action against it.

The people in charge of Ripple can monitor, freeze, and reverse your transactions.

This guy claims that if they want to, "they will be able to" do it. What kind of argument is that?

Stellar is a x5 coin at least - highly undervalued. It should not be 1/10 of XRP.
Activity: 504
January 03, 2018, 12:44:21 AM
I think that's the right reason, why stellar can be left far from the ripple. I also strongly disagree if the stellar is used by criminals, should the developer know and make a firm action against it.
January 03, 2018, 12:26:03 AM
Stellar. At first glance it is the better Ripple, "decentralized" and all.

But is it?

No!

There is almost no crypto that has less respect for privacy. There was an airdrop to BTC holders:

https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/

You know what? They forced participants to ID with FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK!!!! Those participating would have to have locked their BTC holdings AND their Stellar wallets to their ID forever.

If you’re not using an exchange, then law requires us to ensure you’re not on the U.S. sanctions list or located in any of the restricted jurisdictions listed above. We’re using Facebook account verification to complete this check.

Again, this "nonprofit foundation" tried to link ID's to Bitcoin and Stellar wallets. They claim they had to do this because of the "law".

LOL. Hundreds of airdrops were done without ID requirement; in fact I know no other airdrop who had identity verification as a requirement.

Whatever made Stellar.org require this, one thing is clear: if they ever want to freeze/blacklist funds, they can and will do it. Ripple is the Federal Reserve of crypto, and Stellar is Facebook of crypto.

Should Stellar ever be used by the so-called bad guys (Iran, ISIS, Venezuela ....) then good luck to Stellar holders!!!!!!!!

Wow. If this is the best that XLM critics have, then I think I will invest some more in it.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
January 01, 2018, 10:05:39 PM
Stellar. At first glance it is the better Ripple, "decentralized" and all.

But is it?

No!

There is almost no crypto that has less respect for privacy. There was an airdrop to BTC holders:

https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/

You know what? They forced participants to ID with FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK!!!! Those participating would have to have locked their BTC holdings AND their Stellar wallets to their ID forever.

If you’re not using an exchange, then law requires us to ensure you’re not on the U.S. sanctions list or located in any of the restricted jurisdictions listed above. We’re using Facebook account verification to complete this check.

Again, this "nonprofit foundation" tried to link ID's to Bitcoin and Stellar wallets. They claim they had to do this because of the "law".

LOL. Hundreds of airdrops were done without ID requirement; in fact I know no other airdrop who had identity verification as a requirement.

Whatever made Stellar.org require this, one thing is clear: if they ever want to freeze/blacklist funds, they can and will do it. Ripple is the Federal Reserve of crypto, and Stellar is Facebook of crypto.

Should Stellar ever be used by the so-called bad guys (Iran, ISIS, Venezuela ....) then good luck to Stellar holders!!!!!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: