Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the downfall of Silkroad will be the partnership of bitcoin and the US gov - page 2. (Read 2707 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The gov can no more be a partner with bitcoin then I can be a partner with nature.  I might be able to visit it, use it for my enjoyment and benefit, or even try to burn some of it down but it will just grow elsewhere and go on after I'm long gone.

YES.......Marijuana must be conserved
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
The gov can no more be a partner with bitcoin then I can be a partner with nature.  I might be able to visit it, use it for my enjoyment and benefit, or even try to burn some of it down but it will just grow elsewhere and go on after I'm long gone.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
This is very important in terms of the US government being a partner in Bitcoin. It proves to them that bitcoin is not beyond their reach or understanding. It means that some of the best experts on bitcoin are within the FBI and financial crimes departments.

Flesh out these arguments, if you will. I have a feeling it'll reveal the mistaken assumptions and various other errors you've made, though in any case it'd be a good exercise.
Activity: 51
I recently made a thread speculating what would happen if a government seized a sizable amount of BTC.

Im definitely grabbing the popcorn on this one.

There certainly wont be anything done with the coin until the case is over. Who knows, maybe it will get sold off for cheap at some government auction. Although, I'm sure DPR has a paper wallet somewhere, so the seizing authorities would be dumb to not transfer them in to another wallet they completely control. It would be awesome if the agent "accidentally" included a massive transaction fee.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Today some teams career will have been made on the arrest of silk roads owner. What it also means is that the US government has become one of the larger BTC holders out there via their seizure. It also means that the government is finding its feet in terms of understanding bitcoin.

This is very important in terms of the US government being a partner in Bitcoin. It proves to them that bitcoin is not beyond their reach or understanding. It means that some of the best experts on bitcoin are within the FBI and financial crimes departments. Is is an important step towards proper regulation and support by the government. It also means that scams will be less easy to pull off. The victims of pirate should be happy knowing this, as should future investors be comforted in knowing the government it not totally powerless to enforce law and order in the virtual space.

Maybe you won't buy as many drugs online from here on out, but we can look forward to buying a lot more normal, legal, things.

It's a good day (scary on the exchanges) but a good day nonetheless.

OK. And why shouldnt be no second Silk Road within the next months? Contenders are already lining up and preparing themselves. 150.000$+ a month are to be made.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
You need to get your message straight, my friend.

I need to add an /s tag.

I prefer sarcasm to flaming OP.

Hyperbole is your friend when it comes to successful sarcasm in written text, we can't just imagine the tone of voice you were posting with!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I do not actually expect answers since your post tells me all I care to about what you like.

See my post previous to this one.

Be well.

Returned.
Activity: 56
tsk-tsk, isnt the reason bitcoin was created for was anonymity? No, do you care if someone you dont know is using drugs, of course not!These people came to the silk road to avoid prosecution, before Marijuana became medically legal in my state, I had to resort to the sil road for my herniated disk in my spine, I hated the vicodin doctors gave me because, I felt if in needed more and stopped, but withdrawl kicked in. Soon after 2012 if got my medical card. But to those states that face prosecution still, it affected them greatly, and yet resorted to SR, SR in my opinion is a life saver, but now I guess we cant be ourselves, we cant be secret without knowing what the feds are watching you like fucking dogs.

In my opinion, we are fucked, bitcoin prices fell, and now our mining equipment is shit. Truly a bad day in BTC history. But then yet, Marijuana will be legal still in colorado, im saving my coin, so I can get out of here. Like it or not we have our own opinion. Cry

I need to add an /s tag.

I prefer sarcasm to flaming OP.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 4373
diamond-handed zealot
oh nice, daddy/god/state will protect us  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
If the government regulates Bitcoin like it regulates the Big Banks, count me in. If the government regulates Bitcoin like it regulates small businesses, count me out.

Anarchistic marketist? "the synonym of usury is ruin"?

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Free Dog to good home
proper regulation

If the government regulates Bitcoin like it regulates the Big Banks, count me in. If the government regulates Bitcoin like it regulates small businesses, count me out.

Regulates big banks as in bailing them out with future tax receipts? Or as in giving them trillions of fiat dollars to destroy the economy fully?
What are you even doing here? Are you just a stooge for corporate control and more massive government intrusion? Do you even know who owns/runs Big Banks?

I do not actually expect answers since your post tells me all I care to about what you like. Me, I'd like to see them burnt to the ground and the criminals that run them tarred, feathered and run out of town. They are the worst kind of scum blood suckers there are on the planet.

Be well.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Is op an idiot that doesn't understand bitcoin?  One of the premises behind Bitcoin is to be out of the guberments reach.  Go start an altcoin and get the Feds stamp of approval if that's what you want, better yet just use dollars.
proper regulation

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Today some teams career will have been made on the arrest of silk roads owner. What it also means is that the US government has become one of the larger BTC holders out there via their seizure. It also means that the government is finding its feet in terms of understanding bitcoin.

This is very important in terms of the US government being a partner in Bitcoin. It proves to them that bitcoin is not beyond their reach or understanding. It means that some of the best experts on bitcoin are within the FBI and financial crimes departments. Is is an important step towards proper regulation and support by the government. It also means that scams will be less easy to pull off. The victims of pirate should be happy knowing this, as should future investors be comforted in knowing the government it not totally powerless to enforce law and order in the virtual space.

Maybe you won't buy as many drugs online from here on out, but we can look forward to buying a lot more normal, legal, things.

It's a good day (scary on the exchanges) but a good day nonetheless.
Pages:
Jump to: