Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the Market is Thinking About Bitcoin Differently - page 3. (Read 359 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
The world is changing day by day and people's thought changing as well. TEN years back no one imagined that Bitcoin would reach above $60K. Same now we can't imagine what will be the price of Bitcoin after 10 years. That's why then peoples thought for holding for day or months. For the holding also there are few policies. Holding doesn't mean for a lifetime. There is some golden chance to cashing out as well and buyback. But I agree with holding instead of panic sell what I learned from my previous mistakes which aren't recoverable.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
The majorit just learned that it's better to hold for long term than to panic sell. Many investors now have been matured and positive with what the future lies for bitcoin unlike before, because what the market shown wasn't that promising at all.

Now that it did many times that it has surpassed good price, really good price coming from the past ATH of $20k, and so on up to $60k. This made everybody to decide that there's a possibility that it can grow more for the upcoming years.

And adoption rate has increased which is also a factor that made everyone decided to hold.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
....It is interesting to see that 10 years ago people were mostly thinking about holding for days and months. The market is changing and getting more mature as adoption grows.
Isn't this because bitcoiners from 10 years ago were more focused on using BTC as a currency spent on pizza and other stuffs rather than an investment asset? It was done to distribute the coin and increase market adoption.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
I really like this website  visualcapitalist. Ir Shows in a very simple way and charts interesting information.

They made one about how bitcoin market is thinking differently about bitcoin. More people are holding now for long term.

According to research from Ark Invest, investors are holding onto bitcoin for longer and longer durations. By holding the asset rather than selling, it decreases the supply of coins available on the market at any given moment, which can drive up price. This suggests that market participants see the long-term value and potential future payoff the asset possesses.

In the past, durations of days and months were the most common holding periods for bitcoin investors, while holding for more than a year was practically non-existent up until recently.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/why-the-market-is-thinking-about-bitcoin-differently/

Personally, I have  always hold for long term. It is interesting to see that 10 years ago people were mostly thinking about holding for days and months. The market is changing and getting more mature as adoption grows.
Pages:
Jump to: