Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the pessimism? - page 2. (Read 4752 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
February 04, 2012, 01:04:59 AM
Also try not to use the "instant" market sell buy buttons, if you make an advanced placement, and mark it a cent or 2 in favor of your trade, it will usually execute on a better price if you can wait.
February 04, 2012, 12:59:58 AM
its not hard.. bet against the starfish for short periods..

Watch for peaks, dont trade much, if your 2.5 to 1, just trade on that using 2-1 levys..  keeps some breathing room

the spreads go very wide on movements, do a trade when the spread is close..  anything around 5 cents or less is a very close spread, the norm is roughly 10-12 cents.

The spread is bitcoinicas profit built in.. so you have to go through the spread before you see profits

Good to have USD in bitcoinca, less risk of liquidation due to btc price dropping shrinking your overall worth

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
February 04, 2012, 12:58:43 AM
I know with USD you can do either. Not sure if it works the same way with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
February 04, 2012, 12:46:53 AM
personally..to zhoutong me you need to get at least under 4.4

recently i want to trade a little less leveraged

Good play... Mine's at 4.70.  Still somewhat scary exciting though.

is their a price it has to reach b4 you can get 10X your money?

or can you at anytime decides to sell / cancel order? bitcoinia just gives you 10 times more to trade with?

i know I'm a little late in the game.. i really should go put in a few bitcoin and try out it for myself, just so i know exactly what you guys mean...

but if i put 1btc in their and go 10:1 and loss... do i owe 10btc? if so can't i just make another account?

Roll Eyes not that i would do that ... but could i  Cheesy

... ignore my stupid questions, ill go try it out for myself this weekend

If you deposit 1 BTC, and switch to 10:1, your tradeable balance would be 10BTC. If you went "all in", you would be liquidated before you end up owing too much. You may lose everything though.
When you close your position, you make the profit on 10BTC instead of 1. Not turning 1BTC into 10 withdrawl-able BTC

oh ok, that makes sense its just the profit i end up with when i choose to close... so Z is lending me money to trade with, the money is his the profits are mine, but if my call gets to risky i lose everything.

ill have to give it a try at 2.5:1, for fun.

if i sent it bitcoins i can only short?

Ya, your always making the difference as profit on the "pretend" 10 coins your borrowing...

So going short, and price is 10 cents lower on ten shorted coins closing your position will earn you  1 dollar USD, I also edited the percents...  bitcoiinica has a margin call, and a liquidate percent

The percents are on the Account Settings menu once you sign up
right ok cool, thanks

you have to account on maintainance charges into that..plus if your all bitcoin and the price drops, your also losing value of your attainable leverage..  so that compounds the effect..  will liquidate sooner..

sounds like its hard to win  Tongue
February 04, 2012, 12:37:55 AM

or can you at anytime decides to sell / cancel order? bitcoinia just gives you 10 times more to trade with?

i know I'm a little late in the game.. i really should go put in a few bitcoin and try out it for myself, just so i know exactly what you guys mean...

but if i put 1btc in their and go 10:1 and loss... do i owe 10btc? if so can't i just make another account?

If you deposit 1 BTC, and switch to 10:1, your tradeable balance would be 10BTC. If you went "all in", you would be liquidated before you end up owing too much. You may lose everything though.
When you close your position, you make the profit on 10BTC instead of 1. Not turning 1BTC into 10 withdrawl-able BTC

Ya, your always making the difference as profit on the "pretend" 10 coins your borrowing...

So going short, and price is 10 cents lower on ten shorted coins closing your position will earn you  1 dollar USD, I also edited the percents...  bitcoiinica has a margin call, and a liquidate percent

The percents are on the Account Settings menu once you sign up
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
February 04, 2012, 12:35:30 AM

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
February 04, 2012, 12:29:00 AM

2 percent margin call(loss) on 10 to 1..

92 percent margin call (loss) on 1 to 1 trading...

These are max's

So.. on 1 coin, leveraged to 10

anymore than around 2 percent loss and you get a zhoutoung..

i c... so if i go short 10:1 at 5.91 .. if the price goes up to about 6.0282  (5.91 + (0.02* 5.91)) i get  zhoutounged.
but if the price goes down 10% i can  choose to wait for lower lows or take my bitcoin profits now?
February 04, 2012, 12:20:59 AM

6 percent margin call(loss) on 10 to 1..

96 percent margin call (loss) on 1 to 1 trading...

So.. on 1 coin, leveraged to 10

Your liquidated at 6 percent loss bitcoinica says..

you have to account on maintainance charges into that..plus if your all bitcoin and the price drops, your also losing value of your attainable leverage..  so that compounds the effect..  will liquidate sooner..
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
February 04, 2012, 12:14:37 AM

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
February 04, 2012, 12:06:58 AM
This was a major market force down so I think we are ready to ramp up.

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

you're very wrong. binary indicators are worthless, and your spamming the forums with this kind of post means that the market is likely already corrected for it.

This particular binary indicator is apparently worth quite a lot and is working as well as it ever has.  Nobody has the guts to fight against the starfish.  Until somebody takes a huge risk with a lot of money the starfish is going to rule bitcoin trading land.

EXACTLY!

except, they are already testing the boundries as we speak..

this. all it takes is one big fish to swim buy and take all the single-indicator-following lemmings' money.
Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
February 04, 2012, 12:01:49 AM

Good play... Mine's at 4.70.  Still somewhat scary exciting though.
Activity: 364
[#][#][#]
February 03, 2012, 09:07:50 PM

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
February 03, 2012, 06:37:18 PM

you're very wrong. binary indicators are worthless, and your spamming the forums with this kind of post means that the market is likely already corrected for it.

This particular binary indicator is apparently worth quite a lot and is working as well as it ever has.  Nobody has the guts to fight against the starfish.  Until somebody takes a huge risk with a lot of money the starfish is going to rule bitcoin trading land.

EXACTLY!

i wonder what price would cause Zhoutonganization, my guess is most long positions where taken b4 the spike up and so a long squeeze wouldn't be so disastrous
February 03, 2012, 06:27:28 PM

EXACTLY!

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
February 03, 2012, 06:21:13 PM

Activity: 448
this statement is false
February 03, 2012, 05:07:57 PM

Activity: 392
February 03, 2012, 02:16:00 AM

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

The hourly EMA 18 crossed under the 7 also, a la Goombo's Journal.  Yeah, it's totally time to go short.

Ahhh the Goombo Soup wont steer you wrong....
Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
February 03, 2012, 12:36:08 AM

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

The hourly EMA 18 crossed under the 7 also, a la Goombo's Journal.  Yeah, it's totally time to go short.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
February 03, 2012, 12:29:04 AM

Activity: 560
February 02, 2012, 11:53:29 PM
WOW! That whole 10K wall at 5.95 was bought up in one purchase. This person was also putting bids below it that you could see because every time one was sold it would decrease the wall by the same amount. I am wondering if they thought they would have time to pull it. This was a major market force down so I think we are ready to ramp up.
Pages:
Jump to: