Pages:
Author

Topic: why there is change address. - page 2. (Read 431 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 25, 2021, 02:28:50 PM
It's good for your privacy, here's a pretty good (and simple) explanation by Exodus: https://support.exodus.com/article/109-what-are-change-addresses#receive

Also, I don't see the problem? since even though the funds are being sent to another address, they would remain in the same software wallet, so it really doesn't affect the UX at all.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
November 25, 2021, 02:07:55 PM
I read that when you sent bitcoin to someone the output you are sending is the balance of the input you receive last. So you will not use the balance in your wallet until the transaction is confirm and your balance is send back to you through change address.
Quote from:  Elyse Jupiter
Consider the example of taking a $20 bill out of your wallet to pay for a $5 cup of coffee. You would give the $20 to the cashier, and the cashier would give you back the $15. While the $15 belongs to you, it is not available for the time it takes the cashier to give you back your change
But if am using my ordinary fiat wallet and I use $20 to pay bill and I still have other dollars in my wallet I can use them to buy other things before my change will come. Why is  bitcoin spending different.
Pages:
Jump to: