Pages:
Author

Topic: Why they don't list alt/USDT pairs? - page 2. (Read 237 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 07:05:45 AM
simply because of lack of demand!

most of these altcoins you saw already had an alt/USDT pair but nobody ever used them so the market was just there with some open orders that never got filled and only took up (wasted) space in their database so they removed the market.
but sometimes they know there is no demand for such markets so they don't even bother adding them in first place.

you see people want to trade with their bitcoins because they want to make profit on their bitcoins and increase the amount that they have. they don't want to increase their "USDT"! because at the end of the day 1 USDT is either 1 USD or it has finally collapsed and died. but 1 BTC was worth $500 in 2016 and $1200 in 2017 and now $6000 in 2018 and will be a lot higher as we go forward.
You are right, but other coins are being developed and may take place of BTC in near future so BTC may start to lose its value. BTC is just another crypto (with some issues). So BTC may also start to collapse. As you see, BTC dominance is variable, so we may see some day BTC dominance is 1%.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 06:35:23 AM
for how much I know Tether and there is USDT. Now about 20 pairs on the Binance exchange are traded precisely with USDT. Later there will be even more
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
September 13, 2018, 06:21:42 AM
simply because of lack of demand!

most of these altcoins you saw already had an alt/USDT pair but nobody ever used them so the market was just there with some open orders that never got filled and only took up (wasted) space in their database so they removed the market.
but sometimes they know there is no demand for such markets so they don't even bother adding them in first place.

you see people want to trade with their bitcoins because they want to make profit on their bitcoins and increase the amount that they have. they don't want to increase their "USDT"! because at the end of the day 1 USDT is either 1 USD or it has finally collapsed and died. but 1 BTC was worth $500 in 2016 and $1200 in 2017 and now $6000 in 2018 and will be a lot higher as we go forward.
Activity: 260
Merit: 15
September 13, 2018, 06:13:08 AM
They use alt/BTC pairs and there are very few coins with alt/USDT pairs, so in order to trade a coin, we need to always have BTC, but BTC itself has huge fluctuations and at the end of the day we don't know where it's going to be stabilized, especially if we are investing for relatively short time.
I emailed Binance, but I didn't receive any response. Why they don't use Tether pairs?

I guess Bitcoin being the core of cryptocurrency market, therefore almost all altcoins are paired with BTC.
Though I prefer, that most of the altcoins must be paired with local fiat, or at-least with USD or EURO, and I have seen some crypto exchanges do support altcoin/fiat pairs but only for some popular and not all altcoins. I just hope some day all crypto exchanges will support each and every altcoin/fiat trading pairs in future.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 03:31:57 AM
indeed trading pairs for usdt are not as many pairs as btc or eth, but every exchange always has a pair of usdt. in binance, pairs for ustd are only the highest ranked altcoins and in my opinion this is also influenced by their user requests as well.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
September 13, 2018, 03:26:51 AM
Some coins do have Tether pairs, at least on some exchanges. But  the lack of trading pairs to fiat is a huge issue. It's the main reason that the whole market often moves as one, and if all of crypto is dipping then it doesn't really matter if a particular alt has good news or not, it will get sucked down too. It's a symptom of a young market, and it will persist until we get those fiat trading pairs.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 02:32:10 AM
They use alt/BTC pairs and there are very few coins with alt/USDT pairs, so in order to trade a coin, we need to always have BTC, but BTC itself has huge fluctuations and at the end of the day we don't know where it's going to be stabilized, especially if we are investing for relatively short time.
I emailed Binance, but I didn't receive any response. Why they don't use Tether pairs?
Pages:
Jump to: