Pages:
Author

Topic: why was Bitcoin written in C++? - page 2. (Read 332 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
May 30, 2023, 06:46:04 PM
I think he chose C++ due to the speed and efficiency compared to other languages like Python and it was known that can handle big data.
The first thing that comes to my mind is what you've said above because C++ is known for its performance and efficiency when it comes to speed.  Another reason for choosing C++ could be because it was wide availability and a mature ecosystem, C++ has been around for several decades and has a vast community of developers supporting it.

And the last one could be, C++ allowed the Bitcoin developers to have direct access to the systems, enabling them to write code that interacts efficiently with the system resources.  Whatever the reason is, as long as it operates in a decentralized way and C++ was suitable for it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
May 30, 2023, 06:35:21 PM
Satoshi Nakamoto never explains why he chose to use C++ language more than others even on his whitepaper he didn't mention it but you can build blockchain in any language.

However, I think he chose C++ due to the speed and efficiency compared to other languages like Python and it was known that can handle big data.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
May 30, 2023, 05:54:54 PM
I have tried to figure out why Satoshi decided to go with C++ in writing bitcoin codes. I have some of these assumptions below, I decided to share to learn more;

• Could it be that C++ is the most popular language then?
  • Could it be that it is the language Satoshi was more conversant with. As a developer,  I try to use the language I know too well, even if it might be inefficient
  • Is there any security advantages of using C++? I mean python also supports open source and Js enhances scalability.  Why the special interest in C++
  • Right now C++ is largely regarded as the best language for crypto coding. Is this accolade given C++ because Satoshi used it and developed the king of cryptocurrency.  Assuming Satoshi used another language,  is there any possibility that the language would be more adopted for crypto coding
  • Finally,  is there any possibility that since 1985 C++ is developed, there will be a time it will become an obsolete language and bitcoin codes will require that it should be re-written in another language?
Pages:
Jump to: