Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Will you Invest in Ethereum ICO if it is just Starting ? - page 4. (Read 706 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
If Ethereum is to start afresh and do an ICO, why will you invest?

Great question.
No product, no real company behind it but a bunch of people trying to make something with just whitepaper and maybe a cheap website.
It's high risk and I think that had been discussed here so many times during the hype of ICO's.
They say, high risk = high profits, and most of them are cheap tokens that make it easier for investors to buy a few.
Little did we know they are already making millions.

The deciding point is whether the team will continue it or just walk away with the money.
That's another topic.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

they know ETH will be a success because they are the first smartcontract platform as far as i know. but this project was full of fud too, it was a struggle before it emerges. ICO today is very much abused by developers. they even show real faces, get known locally but still scam investors, no one bother to sue them that is why the scammers spawn boldly. you dont even have to dox because their profile is public.

if they are to start again, yes people will still invest which is why scammers offer the same thing over and over.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Signature Space For Rent
Once a time ICOs were most popular, and a few good projects succeed in their goals. But lately, ICOs are just coming with worst and repeat ideas and scamming peoples. Doesn't matter they writing a good whitepaper, if their intention isn't good then we can't do anything. ICO/IPO time is over almost, seems there is a trend of DeFi and I believe it will end up very soon. So it's very risky to invest in crypto lately and better to avoid investing in that. At least I am not gonna invest there.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

Since ICO investment is very risky as it depends the new startup whitepaper and the token, how did we know Ethereum would become successful through it IPO?

As long as there is no security for your investment it's always risky for the side of investors even its ICO or IPO the results can be the same.

For ethereum yes they are offering something to crypto world that other coins can't solve so if they start again their ICO I will surely invest in them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 31
There is gold in volatility..
how did we know Ethereum would become successful through it IPO?
It's simple they create their whitepaper and posted it many people see how good the Ethereum's whitepaper is and look their ANN thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ethereum-welcome-to-the-beginning-428589 well some of the ICO's we can see have a very poor whitepaper and most of their ideas are useless.

I have another thought about the whitepaper as a parameter to determine the prospects of a project.

what if a good copywriter is employed to craft a whitepaper for a bad project. it may mislead investors. I believe there should other ways to determine the authenticity of a project by investors.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
how did we know Ethereum would become successful through it IPO?
It's simple they create their whitepaper and posted it many people see how good the Ethereum's whitepaper is and look their ANN thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ethereum-welcome-to-the-beginning-428589 well some of the ICO's we can see have a very poor whitepaper and most of their ideas are useless.
Activity: 490
Merit: 31
There is gold in volatility..
In my studies, I've come to understand that ICO and IPO are very similar, as they are fundraising strategies for startups.

Here are the areas of differences.

1. ICO are mostly for crypto and Blockchain backed new startups, who need funds to build their businesses, while IPO are for companies that have track performance, that want to raise funds  to scale operations.

2. ICO is like crowd funding, which has less regulation, but IPO are heavily regulated.

Here is what I want us to discuss.

Since ICO investment is very risky as it depends the new startup whitepaper and the token, how did we know Ethereum would become successful through it ICO?

Pages:
Jump to: