Pages:
Author

Topic: Why would a government start it's own cryptocurrency? - page 2. (Read 296 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
I think they want to have control over crypto currency,
And for me I don't want to invest my money in such crypto currency I think they just want to make the crypto currency centralized .
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
It's really all about control. Think about it, they have total control of the economy currently because on they have the right to print currency. As crypto start becoming more popular, it's only natural that they'd try to compete.
Activity: 634
Merit: 10
Bitcoin and other cryptos seems to be a treat to government that's why they would want to do their own cryptocurrency in order for them to take control of it and to stop people in using and investing in bitcoins and other altcoins which they can control. They want to embrace the innovation which happens to our world and also want to know the result on what will happen to this innovation and advances in technology.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
They will sort of be able to control it. Also, they don't want their citizens to use other cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero and such. They would prefer their people to adopt a country crypto. I believe China will do something similar in the near future.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
The government starting its own cryptocurrencies is very much akin to it managing the economy and the next important is what are the requirements that must be met before someone can be able to get some of the government cryptocurrency.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Governments have to embrace cryptocurrency because its the future of financial system.
Activity: 50
a government  with the help of own cryptocurrency plans to cut spending on circulation of traditional paper money and increase control over the money supply.
Activity: 70
What would be the benefits of a government doing this? Which ones are likely to try first? Would you want to buy into this currency?
Pages:
Jump to: