Pages:
Author

Topic: Why you can't be rich by owning crypto - page 7. (Read 955 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 06, 2021, 05:36:09 AM
The value of Bitcoin have increased by 707% over the last year,  and the average deflation is 96%

As the value of Bitcoin increases, it's owners would have a reduced incentive to do their job, and they would retire at a younger age(since they would have enough money to live the rest of their life). This would decrease the global productivity, even if the demand remains same(or even increase due to increased wealth). This would in turn increase the price of all commodities almost at the same rate as that of Bitcoin(law of supply and demand)

So even if your rich, and your net worth is increasing with increase in the price of Bitcoin, after everyone have adopted Bitcoins globally, even your richness wouldn't be that much rich, since the value of the things that can be brought with those bitcoins would actually grow the same rate as the bitcoin(due to decreasing productivity)

The illusion that the value of your Bitcoin wallet is increasing only works when you compare it with other currencies, and if every other currencies go extinct, the only way to measure our currency is by number of things that can be bought for one unit(purchasing power)

I'm not sure if that's how it works, correct me if I'm wrong(I'm not really an economist)
Pages:
Jump to: