Pages:
Author

Topic: Why you shouldnt be shorting - page 5. (Read 1124 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 07, 2018, 12:48:38 PM
Yes, this is a useful reference for learning. But do all people really want to learn? Who thinks logically and wants to first study the topic / market, and only then invest, they will find a lot of information in Internet for training. But more than half of people do not want to know anything, understand, teach. They want easy money. They went to the site, they liked the pictures, they saw a bonus of + 50%. And it's all. Many of this is enough to give money to scammers. This is ICO, a similar situation on stock exchanges. They saw growth, bought in the hope that the growth will continue and lost, as a decline. Then these same people will shout that the world is cryptocurrency is a bubble.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
January 07, 2018, 11:07:36 AM
Does anyone here actually margin trade? If you dont, I would urge you to take the course in the OP ( I created it ) to test your knowledge of it. 100% free
www.positivebetting.com
January 02, 2018, 12:39:17 PM
Shorting in cryptos is not like shorting in stock markets, because fundamentals in cryptos are almost non existent and shorting becomes a pure gamble, much more risky IMHO.

Yes I agree, it doesn't make much sense to do so. I see a lot of people talking about it, and thinking they understand how it works when in reality they dont.
Activity: 149
Merit: 10
December 31, 2017, 10:51:15 AM
Shorting in cryptos is not like shorting in stock markets, because fundamentals in cryptos are almost non existent and shorting becomes a pure gamble, much more risky IMHO.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
December 28, 2017, 08:16:33 PM
Why not earn on margin trading and shorting bitcoin when i know it will go down for sure,its a way for me to earn even on the price fall out like we had after futures as everyone knew that price will go down and they just stand and watch while they lose money...Yes margin trading isnt for everyone but when you learn how it works its a good way to earn on price action
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
December 28, 2017, 08:08:39 PM
I see a lot of people are interested in shorting, however I would advise against it. The market is acting irrational, and people are investing in obvious "shit coins". Shorting a coin that you think is over evaluated is not a good idea, because it can continue to be over evaluated, tons of people are investing in awful coins that have NO utility. So even if you are right, you are playing a dangerous game and when you factor in risk management it likely isn't a good idea. Thoughts?
Agree. Simply saying, don't go against the market. The market is actively growing, all price drops we have seen so far are just corrections.

Profit Taking, corrections to come.
Activity: 189
Merit: 101
December 28, 2017, 04:07:28 AM
For the moment, I'm not suggesting shorting because the bull market is still going to continue, and no one should give up this opportunity, be it bitcoin or altcoin.
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
December 28, 2017, 03:57:35 AM
I see a lot of people are interested in shorting, however I would advise against it. The market is acting irrational, and people are investing in obvious "shit coins". Shorting a coin that you think is over evaluated is not a good idea, because it can continue to be over evaluated, tons of people are investing in awful coins that have NO utility. So even if you are right, you are playing a dangerous game and when you factor in risk management it likely isn't a good idea. Thoughts?
Agree. Simply saying, don't go against the market. The market is actively growing, all price drops we have seen so far are just corrections.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
December 28, 2017, 03:43:47 AM
So your saying we should be longing? Tongue
Activity: 329
AGATE
December 28, 2017, 01:23:07 AM
Shorting requires you to join a platform that allows margin trading and deposit some bitcoin or whatever coin you want to short into your account as collateral.Some platforms like bitfinex offer leverage at 1:3 or more but be warned keep that margin trading can generate much larger losses than traditional trading. Although there are margin call limits in place in most cases, it does not mean that you cant lose more money than you actually have in your account.

i found this in google what sorting is,now i know how it works.

Lots of people short in the stock market, and then moved it to crypto currency. However right now since we are still extremely early I would recommend to not short for the above reasons.
Yes it's true many people moved to cryptocurrency because it fast in transaction, However there are many reason to not short in trading and depositing in bitcoin. 
Activity: 392
December 27, 2017, 10:08:13 PM

I agree. I remember that I have invested many times in shitcoins just because I see them very alive in the marketcap and always on the top 30 gainers but now I'm smarter than before but shorting is still good as long as it's a decent coin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 128
December 27, 2017, 09:17:07 PM
I still do not understand. Do you like this author? He invested in this coin? And why did he choose this one out of a thousand coins?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
December 27, 2017, 03:19:05 PM
That's how the business works, so...Why not if you can make a several amount of $$$ from such shorting?
www.positivebetting.com
December 27, 2017, 03:15:38 PM
Does anyone else have an opinions of the margin market? ( in regards to cryptocurrency )
www.positivebetting.com
December 12, 2017, 12:24:00 PM
The market right now is a perfect example of why you shouldn't be shorting.
www.positivebetting.com
December 06, 2017, 01:51:39 AM
Does anyone else have anything to add to this, or disagree? I would like to read some more peoples comments.
www.positivebetting.com
December 01, 2017, 12:39:49 PM
Hi and Welcome to Bitcoin Forum!  Smiley

Shorting is much riskier than buying stocks, or what’s known as taking a long position. When you buy shares of company, you obviously hope they will rise in the short term or over a long period or maybe that they will just provide dividend income.
If you have a short position, there’s no limit to how much money you can lose if the shares rise. If the share price increases soon after you place a short position, you could quickly “cover” by buying back the shares and returning them to the investor you borrowed them from. If you’re lucky, you might not lose very much but novody knows future so one should avoid shorting!

I agree which is why people should not be shorting Smiley
Activity: 46
Merit: 2
November 29, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
Hi and Welcome to Bitcoin Forum!  Smiley

Shorting is much riskier than buying stocks, or what’s known as taking a long position. When you buy shares of company, you obviously hope they will rise in the short term or over a long period or maybe that they will just provide dividend income.
If you have a short position, there’s no limit to how much money you can lose if the shares rise. If the share price increases soon after you place a short position, you could quickly “cover” by buying back the shares and returning them to the investor you borrowed them from. If you’re lucky, you might not lose very much but novody knows future so one should avoid shorting!

Activity: 406
Merit: 110
November 29, 2017, 12:59:31 PM
IMHO, now would be a good time to short altcoins. With the way bitcoin is surging upwards, we can expect that more people will hear and read about it then consequently invest in bitcoin for fear of missing out. Bitcoin still has more pump behind it. Just short your altcoins now and buy more of them later once bitcoin price has stabilized even just a little
www.positivebetting.com
November 29, 2017, 12:51:06 PM
You explain the things very well. I am fully agree with your views. But how to identify undervalued coins.

Thanks I appreciate the comment. If you are interested in learning how to evaluate a coin, I have a youtube channel and posted a helpful video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

PM me if you have any questions, or you can search for my first thread which contains my official thread for the channel.
Pages:
Jump to: