Pages:
Author

Topic: WIKIPEDIA ACCEPTS BITCOIN DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - page 2. (Read 6004 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
It's not 2011 anymore, and it's not April's fools. I thought I'd practise the dark arts of necromancy on this classic thread, now that Wikipedia accepts Bitcoin donations, this time for real.

https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/07/30/wikimedia-foundation-now-accepts-bitcoin/

(Necromancy is never pretty so apologies to anyone who read the thread and thought it's still a joke)

As I can see wikimedia is accepting bitcoin. Does it mean we'll get to see the bitcoin logo when wikipedia will raise donation ?
I doubt it, it's just another one in a long list of possible payment options.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
It's not 2011 anymore, and it's not April's fools. I thought I'd practise the dark arts of necromancy on this classic thread, now that Wikipedia accepts Bitcoin donations, this time for real.

(Necromancy is never pretty so apologies to anyone who read the thread and thought it's still a joke)

As I can see wikimedia is accepting bitcoin. Does it mean we'll get to see the bitcoin logo when wikipedia will raise donation ?
donator

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Also, don't forget Jimmy Wales is a libertarian. 

So were the founders of Paypal.

They're probably accept bitcoin donations if you want to give it away.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
Also, don't forget Jimmy Wales is a libertarian. 

So were the founders of Paypal.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
Got me to click. +1
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
This might happen sooner than we think.  Wikipedia has a lot of things in common with Bitcoin, and I can imagine that some Wikipedia admins who still remember the poineering spirit from the early days of Wikipedia, will want to give the Bitcoin project a chance.  Also, don't forget Jimmy Wales is a libertarian.  
donator
x4. I thought a while ago about suggesting a pledge to convince them, but figured we could never succeed in 4,000 years (they're ideologically inclined towards it, but they're too mainstream and large). When this happens for real, it will be HUGE.
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Presale is live!

you believed it, right?

Well, it's april the first, guys!   Smiley

I curse you.

x2
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]