Pages:
Author

Topic: Will answer any question about physics/math for BTC tips - page 2. (Read 2316 times)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250
I am not that familiar with the specific algorithms in computational quantum state optimization, but I would imagine that the most efficient distributed method would depend on the symmetry of the Hamiltonian in which you are optimizing.

Is this for a college class? I want to take that class!

Quantum mechanics, from the back of the book that nobody gets to.

I did some reading and it looks like the multi-configurational self-consistent field method suffers from poor convergence, which could be mitigated in a distributed network by each node crunching through the CSF space in parallel, with each node starting from equally spaced (in k-space) reference configuration state functions. The node that reaches the lowest non-pathological energy state wins. No block reward though Cry
Also, explain gravity. Elaborate on your answer.

This.  I asked a physicist on these forums this before and all I got was a bunch of trolling about how I was an idiot.

I'm not sure what you mean by "explaining gravity", since we still do not really know how it arises. We have excellent models for it (read: general relativity), but it's origin is still one of the big unknowns out there.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

This.  I asked a physicist on these forums this before and all I got was a bunch of trolling about how I was an idiot.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028
I am not that familiar with the specific algorithms in computational quantum state optimization, but I would imagine that the most efficient distributed method would depend on the symmetry of the Hamiltonian in which you are optimizing.

Quantum mechanics, from the back of the book that nobody gets to.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028
I'll have a go, given our joy at distributed GPU number squashing here.

Subject: Multi-CSF spin and space symmetry-adapted trial waveforms using combinations of determinants.

Of the different methods that are currently in use in trialing the best wavefunction of the form:

ψ = ΣICIΦI

where ΦI is a spin and space adapted configuration state function made of determinants of the form | ΦI1 ΦI2.. ΦIN |

which method (such as MCSCF, CI, MPPT, couple cluster..) is most adaptable and will realize the most gains using distributed computing to determining the CI coefficients and the LCAO-MO coefficients (describing the ΦIk. Since all these methods require transforming AO-based electron integrals to mo-based integrals, are there any optimizations that can be done in a distributed method on par and beyond the array transformations that simplify the two-electron integral list transformations with computer time proportional to N8 down to an N5 time scale?

Undergrad at MIT back in the day.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
Which university?
Physics grad from top 5 US university, will answer any college level physics/engineering/math/chemistry question that I can.

There's gotta be a few of you who are not done with exams yet!
Pages:
Jump to: