Pages:
Author

Topic: will bitcoin activate segwit as litecoin price peaks at 30USD? - page 2. (Read 16936 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
This is nothing. Litecoin will shoot up to $100 as the first news of the first successful lightning network transactions happen outside of a testnet. Litecoin will have the first mover advantage on this and will go down in the history books as the original Lightning Network coin.

Meanwhile BTC will be battling miners and trolls that block segwit into endless drama.

So I say, buy a good chunk of LTC and hold both BTC and LTC.
Yeah the successful implimentation of segwit on Litecoin will shoot its price up, though I don't know how you arrived at $100 per Litrcoin, but the suggestion to mop up the market for Bitcoin and Litecoin looks like a smart way to stay hedged in the market while we await segwit yes or no.

I also think that after successful lightning network transactions, LTC will definitely shoot up as users will think that segwit is successful and will be a good future for crypto's. It may shoot up to 50$ max I guess.
Activity: 718
Merit: 545
LTC hit $36.3 today, all this money could be going into BTC..

^^ THIS! x10,000 motherf***ing times!

BTC WIL DIE AT THIS RATE. Don't kid yourself.

Jhonny - let me ask you 1 simple question please.

If the choice was SegWit OR Bitcoin dies - would you back it then ?

( because that's EXACTLY what is happening now.. this price pump is artificial. All the other coins have gone up 10x not a measly 70%.. And once any coin tops BTC for market cap.. game over. To be fair - it may be too late already.)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

It will be a problem for little while.

Bitcoin miners aren't stupid, even Bitmain will realize that huge price increase will help them much more than exploiting ASICBoost or AntBleed of whatever they have hidden within their ASICS.
We have first sign of Chinese mining pools interested in switching sides - ViaBTC recently hold a poll on their twitter. They asked what community think of SegWit activation. SegWit received 83% votes.

Here is why I think otherwise:

Jihad Wu and Roger Ver have an army of brainwashed people in /r/btc that will follow anything they say.

If they finally give up and accept segwit, their entire community will collapse within itself and they will be no longer seen as "saviors of bitcoin" by those idiots.

Having a bunch of people aligned within your agenda is a very useful power. They know that they will lose this, if they give up and adopt segwit. So they have something to lose.

Sure they will gain acceptance by the rest but they will always be seen as people you can't trust by everyone else outside of the /r/btc community.

And while all of these game theories interact and create drama, LTC has all the technology needed to deal with mainstream adoption.

It is then reasonable to buy and hold LTC for the time being.

Good points.. didn't realize that they would indeed lose his anti-segwit fans if they end up surrendering and accepting segwit.

Honestly I got no idea how this situation is going to resolve. Maybe bitcoin stays as it is forever? But forever is too strong of a word. Eventually all things change, but the question is how this will change happen...

LTC hit $36.3 today, all this money could be going into BTC..
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
This is nothing. Litecoin will shoot up to $100 as the first news of the first successful lightning network transactions happen outside of a testnet. Litecoin will have the first mover advantage on this and will go down in the history books as the original Lightning Network coin.

Meanwhile BTC will be battling miners and trolls that block segwit into endless drama.

Yeah the successful implimentation of segwit on Litecoin will shoot its price up, though I don't know how you arrived at $100 per Litrcoin, but the suggestion to mop up the market for Bitcoin and Litecoin looks like a smart way to stay hedged in the market while we await segwit yes or no.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

Bitcoin miners aren't stupid, even Bitmain will realize that huge price increase will help them much more than exploiting ASICBoost or AntBleed of whatever they have hidden within their ASICS.
We have first sign of Chinese mining pools interested in switching sides - ViaBTC recently hold a poll on their twitter. They asked what community think of SegWit activation. SegWit received 83% votes.

Jihad Wu and Roger Ver have an army of brainwashed people in /r/btc that will follow anything they say.

If they finally give up and accept segwit, their entire community will collapse within itself and they will be no longer seen as "saviors of bitcoin" by those idiots.

Having a bunch of people aligned within your agenda is a very useful power. They know that they will lose this, if they give up and adopt segwit. So they have something to lose.

Sure they will gain acceptance by the rest but they will always be seen as people you can't trust by everyone else outside of the /r/btc community.

And while all of these game theories interact and create drama, LTC has all the technology needed to deal with mainstream adoption.

I agree with everything you said here. That explanation is perfectly coherent and sensible. Just one question:
Then why Jihan Wu allowed SegWit for LTC and at the same time AntPool for BTC is supporting BU?

IT is hard to know. Those Chinese lunatics do not have a decent decision in this topic and I dont think that Pool's owners will easily activate it. They always want to control Bitcoin. That is Chinese. Want to control everything on this planet
If they continue with this mindset all they will continue in the future will be a dead coin and piles of useless mining equipment.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
IT is hard to know. Those Chinese lunatics do not have a decent decision in this topic and I dont think that Pool's owners will easily activate it. They always want to control Bitcoin. That is Chinese. Want to control everything on this planet
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
miners really aren't that impressed by whats going on in litecoin....and they are still feeling burned from HK agreement.  they wont activate segwit as soft fork...only HF with base increase.  true story.

how is it that they are not "impressed". SegWit is just locked_in. there is still a day and 9 hours left to the real activation of SegWit on litecoin.

apart from that, the SegWit support on litecoin from miners was a full on 100% support, so i would say they were pretty "impressed" that they adopted it like this!

I meant that Bitcoin miners don't really care
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Err..

Litecoin IS Bitcoin.. just without the annoying miners blocking everything.

Miners are the reason Bitcoin works.  Please learn the basics. 
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
I think it is time for them to do something to retain this kind of level in the price of bitcoin and if they could activate segwit now we could see another rally above $2600 and above. I think we could see a small correction before another rally,hoping for the best and expecting a good return.
legendary
Activity: 1862

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
Of course bitcoin will activate segwit because based on the article that i read few weeks ago, the litecoin segwit is just a trial for bitcoin to see what will be the effect if the segwit will be applied to litecoin and if it will be a good then bitcoin will also applied it and we can see that the price of litecoin already goes up very high from $3-4 then i'm sure bitcoin will also activate segwit.

Imagine the same for Bitcoin. The fluctuations are very high right now and it's getting clingy everyday. Yes, litecoin is getting segwit for the purpose of experimentation so that they can check the outcome and predict the output of segwit on Bitcoin. Let's hope it'll be good for both litecoin and Bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
I believe segwit activation on litecoin is to test the network as a whole. If everything goes right, I am sure bitcoin will be the next coin to activate segwit. However, I feel that litecoin price increase is not just because of the segwit, rather for the increase in trading volumes and market cap. This price is hollow and soon will go down to an optimum level.

But I have no doubt that if Segwit is activated in bitcoin, the price will increase to the next level. So an an investors of bitcoin, I hope to see the positive news coming in soon.  
We have to see that this surge in the price of Litecoin for exactly what it is and it is the proponents of segwit pulling strings by pumping Litecoin, so to make a case that segwit is the proven way Bitcoin should also follow.. These increases in price are too sudden and we should expect a reversal sooner than later, because the whole idea is to pass a message across for segwit.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Of course bitcoin will activate segwit because based on the article that i read few weeks ago, the litecoin segwit is just a trial for bitcoin to see what will be the effect if the segwit will be applied to litecoin and if it will be a good then bitcoin will also applied it and we can see that the price of litecoin already goes up very high from $3-4 then i'm sure bitcoin will also activate segwit.
Activity: 718
Merit: 545
Err..

Litecoin IS Bitcoin.. just without the annoying miners blocking everything.

Quite frankly if BTC is incapable of upgrading because of in-fighting.. I see a chance, admittedly small, that CORE simply switch to LTC.

Same code base. Less twats.

I think BTC holders need to be VERY careful. Nothing is guaranteed. Test bed, BTC Jnr.. etc etc..

BTC could be the 'altcoin' if this shit carries on.

Part of me REALLY wants that to happen so that the BTC miners that have fucked this for everybody - BURN!  Grin

But most of me.. doesn't..
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
litecoin price increased over 300 percent in a month and Chinese investors had a discussion last week about the future of litecoin. http://news.8btc.com/litecoin-price-peaks-at-30-usd-but-is-it-a-bubble
Since Litecoin is often looked as a Bitcoin testbed, they wonder if btc will soon activate segwit, though Bitcoin keeps meeting opposition from miners.
Currently segwit in litecoin is locked in and not activated since then, litecoin's price increased dramatically but we will see the results after segwit is activated in litecoin these can change miner's mind.

But in bitcoin? I think it's impossible to activate because segwit activation in bitcoin requires 95% of mining power and also there are major mining pools like antpool are opposed to this proposal. I think the only chance to change the minds of miners is in the results of segwit in litecoin. imo.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
litecoin is in a bubble bitcoin not
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
I hear much Segwit as solution of cryptocurrency that can prevent BTC prices but I cannot imagine clearly that It can work well. Who anyone can explain me about it ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Segwit needs 95% approval, right? That is practically impossible to achieve. In order to get 95% approval, all the major mining pools without exception must reach a consensus. Right now, the probability of something like that happening seems remote.
That's a misconception about how practical consensus is.  The reality is that Bitcoin is very concentrated to only a few pools and they will decide SegWit, not individual miners who don't care for the most part.

To achieve SegWit in Bitcoin would only take consensus from <20 pools and once SegWit has a very significant majority the rest would follow along just like they did with Litecoin in the end.
Pages:
Jump to: