Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be accepted by USA or will the US try to denounce or embrace? - page 2. (Read 1859 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
In my opinion, bitcoin will sooner or later be accepted by the US, because Japan has received bitcoint and Japanese bitcoin users are very high, unlike in the US where only a handful of them know and continue to live it, and I think if the US User bitcoin keeps growing . The taste of Bitcoin will be accepted by the US sooner or later, as we know today, bitcoin has a huge impact on the economy in the modern world, I'm sure it must be felt by the US. Due to the rapid development of bitcoin, and supported by stable market prices
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I think they will eventialy have to embrace it but there are alot of opinions about this, what is your take??
In the American bitcoin users are not as popular as in japan but now Usa has received bitcoin but can not be unveiled so only people who know only who can use bitcoin.

As long as Donald Trump keeps presidency of USA, bitcoin can't get any legal status of sign from there. Forget about it. Trump is very centralised model, so he never lets a decentralised groundbreaking thing to overcome economic problems.
That is why not all the countries are accepting bitcoin because they don't like decentralization because it is like having powerless in your country and bitcoin is all about that and like Donald Trump some of the presidents or the leaders of the countries doesn't like bitcoin because of that and the only thing that we can do is to obey but i still believe that there is possibility for bitcoin to get legalized in the world.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
I think that they will definitely try to ban it altogether, the NSA thinks that everything is a security issue.

As we have seen, other countries are much more open minded than the US government. If they wanted to embrace bitcoin technoolgy then honestly they could have done it long ago and became the first country to do so. But they didn't like the idea, apparently.
I think they will eventialy have to embrace it but there are alot of opinions about this, what is your take??
In the American bitcoin users are not as popular as in japan but now Usa has received bitcoin but can not be unveiled so only people who know only who can use bitcoin.

As long as Donald Trump keeps presidency of USA, bitcoin can't get any legal status of sign from there. Forget about it. Trump is very centralised model, so he never lets a decentralised groundbreaking thing to overcome economic problems.

Agreed. Trump isn't someone that particularly likes the idea of a decentralized means of escaping his totalitarian rule democracy.
Activity: 249
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
USA is a liberal and free country and bitcoin is really helping a lot of people from poverty and giving job to the citizens during the crisis, I think the government will allowed the bitcoin usage because it is helping the country from falling down and even the US president is supporting the bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
They will not embrace it I think... why should they? they are already showing signs of wanting to ban it with draconian laws. They want to force people to disclose all of their crypto holdings if they are traveling with more than 10K worth of crypto. Coinbase and the rest are getting increasingly harsh and monitoring everything and treating everyone as potential drug dealers. Ridiculous yes... but unfortunately get used to that because it will only get worse.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
www.licx.io
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
I'm not seeing anu reason why they will denounce btc. Trump is a businessman so he probably knows that it will be beneficial if he will accept btc instead of denouncing it. A lotnof people are using btc anyways to why not make money out of it.
That's because Trump is a businessman he will never go to America has officially recognized bitcoin. If we assume that bitcoin is indeed a bubble, it could put at serious risk the entire economy of America. Who will take such a risk?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
There is enough integration in some markets, both internet and local, that if the government was going to do more than deep regulation at the exchange level, it would have.  Plus, once some of the small bits and worked out and a large corporation comes along and deeply integrates the payment system, the pressure on Congress will keep the noise about banning Bitcoin/Crypto in the US to the steady roar of the unhappy that never gets anything done and still keeps roaring.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I'm not seeing anu reason why they will denounce btc. Trump is a businessman so he probably knows that it will be beneficial if he will accept btc instead of denouncing it. A lotnof people are using btc anyways to why not make money out of it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
Whether USA will accept bitcoin or not is their own subject of discussion which I am sure its not on the priority list for the administration currently with all sorts of thing militating against its ability to function. At the same time I still feel its of both ways whether USA will accept bitcoin or not in the sense that, they are more security conscious and the anonymity of bitcoin which might pose a threat to that could mean they might not accept bitcoin after all.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I think they're going to regulate it on a federal level if they feel as if it's going to be posing a risk to the bankers, their own treasury and all the bureaucrats behind it, and all the other people with tons and tons of money who stand to lose it all if Bitcoin is the currency that takes over all. Just imagine all of the big bankers and government workers being ousted because people have no use for them due to this decentralized currency known as bitcoin.

I don't think we're ever going to get to that point though, these people have too much to lose and too much money to spend to lobby the government a certain way. So if it gets to a point of danger, Bitcoin is going to get rocked by the government.

So, only denounced if needed for the betterment of WHOS IN POWER AND PAYING.

The U.S. Treasury classified bitcoin as a convertible decentralized virtual currency in 2013. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, CFTC,

classified bitcoin as a commodity in September 2015. Per IRS, bitcoin is taxed as a property.

In September 2016, a federal judge ruled that "Bitcoins are funds within the plain meaning of that term".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory#Americas

So in my view, Bitcoin is classified as a commodity in the USA.... right?

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I think they're going to regulate it on a federal level if they feel as if it's going to be posing a risk to the bankers, their own treasury and all the bureaucrats behind it, and all the other people with tons and tons of money who stand to lose it all if Bitcoin is the currency that takes over all. Just imagine all of the big bankers and government workers being ousted because people have no use for them due to this decentralized currency known as bitcoin.

I don't think we're ever going to get to that point though, these people have too much to lose and too much money to spend to lobby the government a certain way. So if it gets to a point of danger, Bitcoin is going to get rocked by the government.

So, only denounced if needed for the betterment of WHOS IN POWER AND PAYING.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
The Terrorism and Illicit Finance Subcommittee held a hearing entitled “Virtual Currency: Financial Innovation and National Security Implications” at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 8, 2017, in Room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Not sure of the outcome.
I really do expect some sort of regulation on how they will restrict dollars going out of the country into these big ico's and i do expect there will be some changes in the future on how someone can conduct these sort of investment opportunities without any regulations.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 529
Most of the investors are from US so In my opinion bitcoin will be accepted by USA Soon.
Exactly, Bitcoin is even used on USA exchanges more than the others so why wouldn't they officially accept it in the near future to help cut off illegal/black market usage.
Yeah well the majority of bitcoin users are Americans, so Bitcoin is already a major thing in the USA it's just that the government hasn't acknowledged it properly and I don't think the government will make any laws, regarding it anytime soon.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
The Terrorism and Illicit Finance Subcommittee held a hearing entitled “Virtual Currency: Financial Innovation and National Security Implications” at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 8, 2017, in Room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Not sure of the outcome. Here is the notice I found:
https://financialservices.house.gov/uploadedfiles/060817_tif_memo.pdf
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
The question is whether the government will tax and regulate it to death, not whether the people will accept it as legitimate.   The fine citizens of the United States already have adopted it as a real form of money.  To the IRS, it's still a new thing and they haven't yet found a way to kill it.  I'm sure they're working on it though.   All this talk of money laundering and terrorism has me concerned that the government might use those bullshit reasons to regulate bitcoin.  That would suck.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
In my opinion, USA has already accepted Bitcoin but more so on the taxation side of the equation. Of course, the government is always thinking of ways to enhance their revenues considering the big shortfall and the rising debt figure so Bitcoin transactions should not escape their radar. Hell, the IRS is even willing to tax illegal activities like drugs  if given the chance.

But one notable in USA is there is that presence of a big reluctance to embrace the blockchain technology unlike with Japan which is so gung-ho in accepting Bitcoin consequently they would reap all the benefits this new technology can bring to their country. Japan is poised to be one of the leaders in Bitcoin.

Although we also have to understand that since Bitcoin is representing a disruption of the normal way we do things most especially in the finance and banking sector, politicians or those in power would always scrutinized it as they don't want to blame by their constituents in case something bad would occur.

Anyway, given time I am sure that the USA government would eventually be a part of the Bitcoin revolution but leadership is already taken by someone else.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
America accepting bitcoin that lightly? There must be some catch besides just adopting the bitcoin, such a huge government won't be accepting it that lightly with a high chance of those who are using it evading the taxes.
Activity: 837
Merit: 500
Most of the investors are from US so In my opinion bitcoin will be accepted by USA Soon.

Exactly, Bitcoin is even used on USA exchanges more than the others so why wouldn't they officially accept it in the near future to help cut off illegal/black market usage.
I have seen lots of American investor in lots of ico, so definitely its already used in USA, maybe government were not aware yet or they might thinking of ways to embrace it or eliminate it,we can't tell yet.
Pages:
Jump to: