Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be banned on Philippines? - page 18. (Read 2042 times)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
April 21, 2018, 12:50:37 AM
Well you know we see million dollars scam everyday but I hear no news of dollars being banned or.. the other currencies being banned .
You know the catch is ' it's not the currency that's it fault it's the people '
But since Bitcoins is unregulated then what happens is that it.. becomes the devil in front of the government ... Because they can't control it and now something happened and they want a easy way out ...thus I feel rationally it shouldn't be banned but regulated .
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 12:42:34 AM
Over 900 Million  pesos worth of bitcoins been scammed.

Filipino couple amasses at least P900M in alleged Bitcoin scam.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

The complaints started piling in when investors lost contact with the Ordonios.
Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

Will bitcoin be banned because of that?

what the government needs to address are drugs and criminalities. regarding banning bitcoin, i don’t think so. legit bitcoin traders and investors does not need government intervention.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
April 21, 2018, 12:30:36 AM
I dont think so because of the facts that bitcoin did not violate any laws in the Philippines. Its just that there are so many bad human out there trying to fool around some people. And they're the ones whos responsible for such things not bitcoin itself.
Bitcoin doesn't need to violate anything before it gets banned in a country. It's up to the government's decision if they don't want to welcome bitcoin in their country. After the recent bitcoin ban (bank) on India, Pakistan also followed and announced on their twitter that they'll be banning crypto.

There is a big posibility that bitcoin will banned in the philippines. Because of its 900m scam. But im hoping that they are not going to banned bitcoin because bitcoin helping aspiring investor in the philippines.
What made you think that there's a big possibility ? This type of scam already exitsted way back just because they scammed 900m doesn't mean there's a huge chance. What if these couple used fiat? 
Activity: 310
Merit: 10
April 20, 2018, 11:54:44 PM
If the Philippines government banned bitcoin then this is bad news, bitcoin users in the Philippines increased drastically and according to the information has a lot of effect on the price globally, I hope that the Philippine government canceled the bitcoin banned plan.
Activity: 534
Merit: 19
April 20, 2018, 11:37:38 PM
I dont think so because of the facts that bitcoin did not violate any laws in the Philippines. Its just that there are so many bad human out there trying to fool around some people. And they're the ones whos responsible for such things not bitcoin itself.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
April 20, 2018, 11:22:49 PM
I hope bitcoin can't be banned here in philippines because of what happened. Bitcoin not do the mistake it is the people who use it in a wrong way so they victimized by the scammers. To the user of bitcoin in philippines we must do a double careful especially if we invest a large money to make things good and brightly so we can gain a large profit with the investment we do.
Activity: 140
April 20, 2018, 11:09:54 PM
Everything will possible to be happen in the world f CryptoCurrency, there's a possibility that bitcoin will banned on the Philippines because of many  victims of scam by using name of bitcoin.
Yes,I heard news lately about huge amount of investment turned out to be a scammed.Thats why people are now more vigilant and  suspecting bitcoin as well,But I still hope this would not happened banning bitcoin in the county,this well affect to the people who earning legal ways in bitcoin and are honest.Me my self experience being scam but I just ignore it and let karma be punish them.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
April 20, 2018, 10:35:21 PM
Always include the source if you are posting something like that. You might get yourself into trouble.

IMHO, bitcoin will not get banned in the Philippines because it is not the bitcoin itself that made those scam, it is the people who use it in a wrong way. Yes, it's true that the image of bitcoin/cryptocurrencies has been tainted especially to those who still don't know what it is, but this event will eventually be forgotten and it will be outweighed by all the positivity that we will induce in the following months.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
April 20, 2018, 10:29:10 PM
The problem with this is that people just invest money on something they dont know like HYIP, cloud mining and other ponzi schemes then when they lose money they start calling bitcoin scam. Like seriously ? these people should educate themselves of bitcoin first, it's not that hard to do some research.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
April 20, 2018, 10:18:16 PM

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

No. This is just an isolated case in which those so called investors have no knowledge what they are into it. Those scammers also are taking advantage with the popularity of bitcoin. Philippines wont ban bitcoin with just this case.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 10:07:58 PM
That crime can cause a disaster to all fellow bitcoin users here in the Philippines. It is sad to say there are people so stupid to use the name of bitcoin for their selfishness to do such as that kind of mess where can everyone in this country can also be mad at them. And I hope it will not affect the growing community here in the Philippines that we can still do such more better work than that kind of scammed job.
Activity: 153
Merit: 7
April 20, 2018, 08:43:50 PM
Decision of the philippines if they canceled bitcoin, but there is no harm if the philippines will accept the bitcoin, bitcoin can help them to help in the Philippines because of the fact that the online filipino will work online will also help bitcoin in youth rather than what they do on computer or gadgets, they have to pay for them to spend their money on costs.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 20, 2018, 03:16:36 PM
There is a big posibility that bitcoin will banned in the philippines. Because of its 900m scam. But im hoping that they are not going to banned bitcoin because bitcoin helping aspiring investor in the philippines.
I don't think that scam couple may not be a good enough reason to ban bitcoin in phillipines and the couple already arrested I think so they need to impose law and make strict rukes for ICO rather than banning it because as i said it nothing for citizen and government but if regulations will help the both sides.
Activity: 105
April 20, 2018, 02:29:14 PM
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
April 20, 2018, 02:12:32 PM
Just another way to ruin bitcoin for the masses. Some of my relatives are already telling me that what I was doing is a scam and it infuriates me to have to explain to them that what I'm doing is different and I don't make promises to people. I invest with my own money. People should really be educated better or stop judging with the littlest things they know about.
Illiterate people just heard the rumors abiut bitcoin so they also follow their same words but we need to make sure abiut the truth of that news.I think it will not be banned in phillipines because it is one of the country mkre people are involved but it is better to regulate and impose taxation system then it will helpful for the government too.
Well, that is why we should not overthink too much, instead of making a rumors or keep asking yourself if it will be banned in your country then just make things necessary for the growth of cryptocurrency, I never ask this one or even think of it because I know that Philippines believes in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 20, 2018, 02:05:00 PM
Just another way to ruin bitcoin for the masses. Some of my relatives are already telling me that what I was doing is a scam and it infuriates me to have to explain to them that what I'm doing is different and I don't make promises to people. I invest with my own money. People should really be educated better or stop judging with the littlest things they know about.
Illiterate people just heard the rumors abiut bitcoin so they also follow their same words but we need to make sure abiut the truth of that news.I think it will not be banned in phillipines because it is one of the country mkre people are involved but it is better to regulate and impose taxation system then it will helpful for the government too.
Activity: 384
Merit: 12
Student Coin
April 20, 2018, 01:16:59 PM
I believe no. The one wicked action of someone is not a fair reason to ban bitcoin in the Philippines. Of this will happen then bitcoin is also need to be banned in all countries because many are already using it of scamming people.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
April 20, 2018, 01:13:16 PM

Whats happened  next?

No they will not ban cryptocurrency, i have a friend living on the philippines and coins.ph is still existing so they can convert their bitcoins to fiat in their country and there's no need to worry about banning or any stuff.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
April 20, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

Whats happened  next?

I think Bitcoin ban will not happen in the country, its been around for so many years and it is recognized by central bank. Bitcoin is not liable for any crimes committed with its involvement, which only acts as a tool just like the fiat currency that serves as payment mechanism. The best thing that they can do now is to craft and pass laws that will protect investors from scammers.
Activity: 196
April 20, 2018, 07:07:09 AM
Pages:
Jump to: