Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin change the distribution of wealth in the world? - page 19. (Read 3506 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Bitcoin has already changed distribution of wealth in the world, but we should know that the "old" group which was rich is still rich. For changed distribution of wealth i mainly mean that some people became were very rich because of bitcoin. For sure they have changed distribution but not from 1% the richest to 2% but maybe 1.00004% in generall.(it is not much but it is still the change)
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
well, the saying money makes money or the more money you have the more you will gain is perfect for this topic, maybe the not so wealthy ones will make profits on very long term on bitcoin and maybe they won't, which in the latter is a shame since poor people have not much to spend, the people who allready have enough bitcoin and wanting more power are the wealthy ones who will profit continiously and eventually will decide who are the real market makers, bitcoin is nowadays expensive, very expensive.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
Does anyone have information whether bitcoin would distribute wealth more equally across people than the current wealth distribution?

Or would the distribution be even more unfair?

It's good to keep in mind here that you need to have money to get money. For the poor who have not gotten into bitcoin yet, it's probably not profitable now. They won't be able to buy enough Bitcoin to make large profits off of the price spikes. I actually think the distribution would end up being a bit more skewed because those who have a lot of money have enough to put into bitcoin and make a profit off of it.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Does anyone have information whether bitcoin would distribute wealth more equally across people than the current wealth distribution?

It relies to the decision of the people who are involve with the distribution of wealth. It can be unfair for some that will get a small portion of that "wealth" we are talking about and it's a big advantage for those people that will get a bigger portion since the price of bitcoin is not stable and keeps on moving from time to time. So the fairness is still depending on the people who are in that distribution as I mentioned.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
It won't change anything. Most of the wealth is in the hands of just 1% of the population. How do you imagine this money is going to be distributed among the people? Bitcoin is nothing more but a tool, just like a gun or a knife. It won't do anything by itself, it needs people to operate it the right way. The only way for people to destroy a corporation and make it lose all its money is to stop buying its products. 
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Wealth distribution is in a hand of people,but limiting influance of greedy financial institutions,central banks,big corporation may equal chances and improve economic situation of people living in poor areas.But without people solidarity it cant be done

I agree with the above.

I believe bitcoin and the blockchain technology its founded on has the ability to redistribute wealth and keep that wealth in the hands of those that earn it. 
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Wealth distribution is in a hand of people,but limiting influance of greedy financial institutions,central banks,big corporation may equal chances and improve economic situation of people living in poor areas.But without people solidarity it cant be done
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I dont know, and bitcoin can not do it because wealth has already been distributed, only because bitcoin exists doesnt mean that it can make rich everybody, or that a lot of people can be wealth after it pumps to $100k.
And this has already been asked so many times, i am starting to get tired of those kind of threads that are only for spamming purposes.
But no, nobody knows what is going to happen, just try to predict it, it is impossible.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: