Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin lose value after today's cyber attacks in the UK? - page 3. (Read 2423 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

The question is, how will it affect the price?

It will go up if the victim converts fiat to XBT to pay the ransom.

It will go down later if the ransomers convert their XBT to fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
However, once it all blows over and gets fixed I reckon the authorities might start asking questions of how and why criminals can get access to payment-acceptance systems that are pretty much untraceable. This will put the spotlight on Bitcoin/crypto-currencies and their links to the underworld.

No questions need to be asked, they can try and buy Bitcoin themselves. And there you go, everyone has access to Bitcoins in the same way.

I don't think it will affect the price negatively... Not that big of an issue (at least in what regards Bitcoin). Whales can and do move markets the way they please and with whatever news... But I don't think moving the market now based on these news would have a big impact.
Activity: 537
Merit: 250
Just a thought.

The NHS in the United Kingdom has been brought to a standstill today after a ransomware attack decimated their networks. There are hundreds of thousands of sick people not getting emergency treatment during this frenzy and government cyber agencies are getting involved trying to fix and trace the attack.

Now we all know that this isn't anything to do with crypto, it's just some fucking idiots playing around with their low-end criminal lives and unfortunately their ransomware encryption virus has accidentally found itself on the network of one of Britain's largest state institutions. It's a dire situation and if they get caught they'll be fucked.

However, once it all blows over and gets fixed I reckon the authorities might start asking questions of how and why criminals can get access to payment-acceptance systems that are pretty much untraceable. This will put the spotlight on Bitcoin/crypto-currencies and their links to the underworld.

Pages:
Jump to: