Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin = public sector workers rioting?? - page 5. (Read 4804 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Actually in the early democracies taxes were voluntary.  Crypto if successful will eventually be used to resist taxation since it can't be seized.  Public sector workers will have to go and do the same thing in the private sector but at an appropriate compensation level.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
If people evade taxes with crypto-currencies, states will tax first and foremost real estate. You have to live somewhere you know.

For me, this is the correct way for a government to collect taxes. All taxes should be based on land. Governments own land, they don't own people.

Why should someone that moved to another country, pay taxes to the USA just because they were born there?

It's harder to hide the truth that way Tongue  Not that it matters now, what with the truth being so readily available.
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
If people evade taxes with crypto-currencies, states will tax first and foremost real estate. You have to live somewhere you know.

For me, this is the correct way for a government to collect taxes. All taxes should be based on land. Governments own land, they don't own people.

Why should someone that moved to another country, pay taxes to the USA just because they were born there?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

I don't like today's nation states either though, they're indeed a Single Point Of Failure, a relic of history, a questionable authority, a false security as a social safety net of last resort, and, logically-philosophically speaking, an infinite regress when questioning their legitimacy.

I'd prefer to see crypto-currencies make us migrate to the synthesis of social-libertarian and market-libertarian ideas, which would look somewhat like the Mondragón Model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-obHJfTaQvw
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
As long as we still need schools, hospitals, police, roads and all, why does the currency make any difference?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Been thinking about this for a while now. As bitcoin takes hold and the value continues to skyrocket, what will become of those left holding the bag? Public sector workers live off stolen money. What is going to happen to them when their money becomes worthless? Who are they going to blame?

Us???

There are a lot of public sector workers who are willing to kill you to get what they want (cops). All I'm saying is, with things going the way they are, we might want to start preparing for this outcome.
Pages:
Jump to: