Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin Spot ETF's Manipulate Bitcoin's price? - page 2. (Read 174 times)

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1496
I don't know if Bitcoin ETF is going to manipulate the market price of Bitcoin, but the asset management companies that run the Bitcoin ETF can surely manipulate the market. Because the kind of money that these corporates are sitting on, it is very easy for them to manipulate it.

Gold is somewhat different in this comparison of price. It has a global market and it is very difficult for a single corporate to manipulate it. Also it doesn't have a limited supply, at least not a known limited supply. So I think gold should not be compared here in this case.

The major problem here is with the decentralization. The more and more corporates own it, the decentralization is gone. Manipulation is definitely possible but you really cannot say whether manipulation is really on going or not.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I don't think there will ever be an honest-to-goodness business here. 1:1 is just on paper, that's why owning real Bitcoin is still the best way to do it.
Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin and gave us unique chance to own private key and be our own bank.

We already were given the chance and we are free to use it to secure our funds through Bitcoin and Bitcoin private keys. If we refuse the chance, and decide to use custodial storage service like Bitcoin Spot ETFs that mostly partner with Coinbase as a custodian, we are accepting big risk.

We should never trust any third party company that they will keep our money safely. Trust sometimes will have to be charge with very expensive cost.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
For me, Bitcoin ETF could influence Bitcoin's price through various mechanisms.
Concerns about market manipulation are not unfounded, given the relatively unregulated nature of the cryptocurrency market.

Bitcoin spot ETF could potentially manipulate Bitcoin's price. Because at first, the essence of ETF which they can do trading easier and broader access to Bitcoin for both retail and institutional investors without need for them to hold the cryptocurrency directly.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
There's no point separating them when spot Bitcoin ETF is directly reflecting the real-time market price of Bitcoin.

However, I understand and share your fears. Despite regulatory safeguards and policies; despite regular audits and reports; despite the requirement of holding an amount of Bitcoin equivalent to that of the shares; despite a daily net asset value report, we know this won't be fully implemented. This is Wall Street's game. They own even the government.

I don't think there will ever be an honest-to-goodness business here. 1:1 is just on paper, that's why owning real Bitcoin is still the best way to do it.
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Hi new here Smiley

I worry that BlackRock and Vanguard and others in the Wall Street Gang issue paper bitcoin IOU's aka Bitcoin ETF's.

Who is going to Audit them that they have the real bitcoins to back up their BTC ETF's 1:1?

I ask because the Gold & Silver markets have been manipulated and cornered by these wall street criminals after their commodity ETF's been released decades ago.

All top investors say they allocate 5-10% of their portfolio into Gold most likely Gold ETF's. If that's the case then why Gold still stuck under $2000.

All bitcoin moonboys on youtube saying if all institutions just allocate just 2-3% of their portfolio then bitcoin marketcap will rise into $trillions and each bitcoin will easily be over $100k however if institutions have already allocated 5-10% of their portfolio into Gold then why gold price is not going anywhere?

Isn't it the interest of Wall Street to Supress the bitcoin price so they can buy it cheaply then issue more paper bitcoin ETF's against their real btc reserves to supress the price like fraud then when the holders of these ETF's decide to get real bitcoins instead then there wont be 1:1 bitcoin backup reserves causing ETF's to crash and blackrock get richer because they hold the real btc that they manage to trick btc hodlers to sell their real bitcoins to them.

We need to observe bitcoin hodler wallets on the btc blockchain and see if blackrock can manipulate btc hodlers into selling their real bitcoins to them when blackrock manipulate the price to $100k per btc then blackrock and wall street will have the most bitcoin in the world.

Cant we separate the btc price into 2, the free market btc price & the fake btc IOU ETF price?

Pages:
Jump to: