Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin still be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years? - page 4. (Read 4046 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Altcoins are mostly a mess. In terms of life expectancy, bitcoin has no competition at all. No one is going to willingly put their money into a cryptocurrency that has no realistic expectations to live in the long term, and bitcoin is the only crypto that has that trait: long term trust. So no, it will not get replaced by any other crypto as the king of crypto, it will reign supreme and it will be worth hundred thousands of inflation adjusted dollars.

I'm not so sure about that. Ten years is a long time, and who knows what the technical evolution will bring us.
Imagine a crypto currency backed up by a major company. Let's say apple would decide to make the step into crypto.
With their capital, their community and their advertising skills, they could easily create an altcoin the world has not seen yet.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Altcoins are mostly a mess. In terms of life expectancy, bitcoin has no competition at all. No one is going to willingly put their money into a cryptocurrency that has no realistic expectations to live in the long term, and bitcoin is the only crypto that has that trait: long term trust. So no, it will not get replaced by any other crypto as the king of crypto, it will reign supreme and it will be worth hundred thousands of inflation adjusted dollars.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Most likely. But I can't say with 100% that there won't be another digital currency coming very close to Bitcoin or even surpassing it at some point in the future. Nearly everything in the world gets replaced at some point.

This is what my opinion too, if we base our prediction on the current happening, there is no doubt that bitcoin will be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years, but, there are several factor that will make bitcoin less preferred cryptocurrency.   If bitcoin failed to be mass friendly and new coin that emerged  has functionality way secured and more mass friendly than bitcoin, and was promoted perfectly, then maybe the term most preferred of bitcoin will be tested.  And 10 years is very long year to develop a more sophisticated coins.

There was one coin that surpassed bitcoin lately namely zcash. I did understand how it works lately and indeed is a cool coin having some feature whether to create an anon or non-anon coin. It would have been the best coin if it weren't for bitcoin's adoption. Sooner though with the arise of the platforms, they might just take over.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Most likely. But I can't say with 100% that there won't be another digital currency coming very close to Bitcoin or even surpassing it at some point in the future. Nearly everything in the world gets replaced at some point.

This is what my opinion too, if we base our prediction on the current happening, there is no doubt that bitcoin will be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years, but, there are several factor that will make bitcoin less preferred cryptocurrency.   If bitcoin failed to be mass friendly and new coin that emerged  has functionality way secured and more mass friendly than bitcoin, and was promoted perfectly, then maybe the term most preferred of bitcoin will be tested.  And 10 years is very long year to develop a more sophisticated coins.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
There are times when it's better to ask the negative side so we can rephrase this to: "If bitcoin isn't the preferred cryptocurrency, then what is?" ETH? Dash? Zcash? I don't think so. Bitcoin will continuously grow together with all the other altcoins. Cryptocurrencies grow as one. They aren't competing against each other. The increase of popularity in one coin will also increase the popularity of bitcoin. I can't see a reason right now as to why our attention to bitcoin will be replaced by another one.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
I believe so, I imagine it to grow to the level where it becomes the kind of gold of the Crypto world and we will have all manner of other alt coins being traded as they are now but more in the mainstream and even featured on the likes of MSNBC and Bloomberg.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Actually, as i understand your question, i have a 2 points in my mind,
1. If bitcoin continuously growing up and maintain its status than definitely, everyone use it and work with bitcoin and after 10 years, bitcoin would be gotten more popularity.
Secondly, if you wanna ask bitcoin still remain in a crypto currency or changed into other crypto or fiat currency?
Than my answer is No, because now many other crypto currency has come but still bitcoin has its own place, and also bitcoin has no need to change into fiat currency.   
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I think that bitcoin will still be the preferred cc after 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
Heres the way I see it.

Bitcoin used for the preferred currency yes.

Will there be side chains for micro stuff, yes. So I feel like bitcoin will stay as it is, and 1 major alt coin that will service all the side chains if possible for lesser confirmation times.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
If bitcoin doesn't get any competition from any other currency and if its value is at higher level then people will continue to use bitcoin forever.
Activity: 994
10 yers long time,will i live in ten years,it is possible,for sure blockhain technology will be the same like dot.com is now
I think I understand what you are trying to say.
The boom might be over just as the ill famed dot.com era like in the early 2000's.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
10 yers long time,will i live in ten years,it is possible,for sure blockhain technology will be the same like dot.com is now
Activity: 994
Something will succeed it by then.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
The bitcoin is the no. 1 cryptocurrency. It will still be the no 1 if the community still supports it and develop it.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
Will bitcoin still be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years or will something better take over?
All other cryptocurrencies are the copies of bitcoin and bitcoin is the first and real crypto currencies so all other crypto currencies will be behind the bitcoin for all the life and none of the crypto currency will have potential to lead .
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Replaced yes. You can say that about hardware, tools and physical items. But Bitcoin is a code - it can be upgraded, there is not need to ditch it and create something totally different.
All we need is code revision and bitcoin network will be as good as new.
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Will bitcoin still be the preferred cryptocurrency after 10 years or will something better take over?

you have to know that it is really hard to predict that in future, it is very hard to predict price after 10 years and so, nobody know that you you won't get correct answer

but personally i think that it probably will be main crypto, and i think because it is most expensive one, and many stores accepts bitcoin only not other coins, so i think it will be preferred
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I think we're going to know before then. Anyone who comes out with 'too big to fail' is tripping their tits off. Similarly screaming 'Bitcoin killer' because a few thousand people are trading something they probably know nothing about is equally daffy.

To get beyond exchanges and into the hands of real people is what's going to decide it. Doesn't look like anything has touched the daddy yet.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
I think all other crypto currencies are much weaker in competition to bitcoin, so bitcoin will be No.1 for more period and I think it will continue to be No.1 for centuries and other currencies will have much lesser time period.
Pages:
Jump to: