Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin's dominance stay above 50%? - page 3. (Read 393 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 102
December 19, 2017, 04:37:01 AM
I think bitcoin will remain the "main player", but its share may drop below 50%. Bitcoin may become good for investment and store of value ('digital gold'), while altcoins may become media of payment, some of them niche ones.
Activity: 379
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 04:19:40 AM
This is the normal reaction of the market, if all the money into the bitcoin, then encryption monetary cycle is not healthy, the past two weeks into a lot of money, everyone is looking forward to reflect the crypto currency in the future, believe that after a few years there will be several altcoin grow into big unicorn.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 19, 2017, 04:15:07 AM
With so many coins obtaining a >$1bn marketcap now (29 at time of writing) I see that BTC's dominance is at 50.0%, the other major coins have built up very quickly in the past few weeks and it looks like billions are pouring into different projects in the crypto world, to coins that provide specific solutions rather than being a 'one coin for all uses'.

If this continues I can see Bitcoin eventually equally sharing the market with other niche coins, many have predicted in the past the death of altcoins but they help strengthen the economy and trust in them is now building very fast. I think the time they stop reacting to BTC price movements so drastically is nearly here.

What do you think about the future of BTCs dominance and position as 'main player'?

Pages:
Jump to: