Pages:
Author

Topic: Will blockchain able to fight against COVID-19 - page 3. (Read 478 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 19
Money will be needed to fight Coronavirus not coins unless UNICEF and others ask for donations through coins like Bitcoin and others, millionaires and billionaires around the world are donating for the cause in Fiat not in coins
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
COVID-19 is taking a heavy toll on Europe. The death toll in Italy rose exponentially, with more than 200 deaths being recorded in the past 24 hours and the number of infected cases surpassing 12,000. The charity organization announced to use blockchain technology for funds raising. The chief motive behind the campaign is to reduce stress on hospitals. Hope everything goes according to the plans.

It will be a great help if the cryptocurrency industry will help on raising funds to somehow help those people who are affected by this situation. It will surely ease the difficulty being put into those that are needy and cannot work outside and earn money due to lockdowns being implemented by the government of different countries. Since we cryptocurrency users can still work from home, why don't we help each other out to lessen the burden of this situation. The fund raising that we can do using blockchain technology is not to cure the Coronavirus but just to help those that are in need in this point of time since many people are affected in which many cannot go out to work and earn an income to sustain their daily life needs. That will be a great help that we can do. But the question is to whom we will be sending out the donations? If we want to help using blockchain technology, we must clearly set or state how the help or fund raising will be implemented.
Activity: 1524
Merit: 270
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
COVID-19 is taking a heavy toll on Europe. The death toll in Italy rose exponentially, with more than 200 deaths being recorded in the past 24 hours and the number of infected cases surpassing 12,000. The charity organization announced to use blockchain technology for funds raising. The chief motive behind the campaign is to reduce stress on hospitals. Hope everything goes according to the plans.

Of course there will be many who want to help victims of Covid-19. Because this virus can spread quickly. If not handled quickly it will expand. The problem lies in the entry and exit of people from one country to another. Covid-19 is detrimental to many countries with flight restrictions.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5

First this is a virus as deadly as what one can ever imagine, thus it is the duty of experts to come up with solutions, cure etc and in this case, I don't see the use of blockchain as a tool to fight against this virus unless they are aiming to use blockchain to collect information. Also, on the other hand, using blockchain for fund raising is a good idea as it will help reduce physical contacts, while making donations easy and convenient. Therefore, the world will through this way understand what lies within blockchain, its potentials and the role it will play in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
If it was used properly it could have helped a lot actually. Think about it, if every single person had a blockchain address, like a wallet but for personal individual being. And all of that people who had address was actually showing some sort of connection with other addresses that they are in contact with, that would mean we could have eliminated all the connections and could have found people who could have in contact with others. In the end we didn't had something like that and honestly people were very very careless about it as well, look at what happened in Italy's south for example.

So, even if blockchain could have been used, there is no chance it could have been properly used by the people, so it would have been an infrastructure for nothing in the end.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 101
Well,in my opinion I don't see how blockchain will fight against COVID-19 ,I think it's the work of the government and the health workers,the only thing I think is that blockchain can extend it's hand of support just like what the CEO of binance did by supporting with some amount to take care of those infected.
Yes, the support made by CEO Binance for those infected with the virus must be given a thumbs up, because it will greatly help those affected by the virus, only the work in eradicating the corona virus is not only the work of the government and health workers, but it is the work of all of us, so we can get it done quickly.
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
Well,in my opinion I don't see how blockchain will fight against COVID-19 ,I think it's the work of the government and the health workers,the only thing I think is that blockchain can extend it's hand of support just like what the CEO of binance did by supporting with some amount to take care of those infected.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Covid-19 is disease and blockchain is technology, both are different but people can use blockchain for charity and I agree with that. To fight we only need antidote and perhaps charity can be use as fund for research and treatment. No one will deny about this idea because we need work together, corona gonna bitcoin will rise again. Government can adopt blockchain into currency and industry will running again.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
Blockchain technology which helps to reduce stress within hospital? How is that possible? With those executed data? I don't think it'll work well in this situation. We have to focused on how can we help to stop the spreading of this ncovid and think of the way for the fast treatment rather than thinking of blockchain that will do some fund raising money. Let's think of the way where we can stop this virus.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Governments and health organizations around the world are fighting against COVID-19, how Blockchain getting involved? Till now i don't see any relation between COVID-19 and Blockchain except the decline of crypto market.

It's because there's none, the most important thing right now is to discover a vaccine, have people check for the virus, medical supplies for the victims specially the older one, disinfect places, medical workers ready to deploy 24x7. None of those would have to involved blockchain technology as far as I know.

And we all know that crypto or blockchain technology is not like a magic bean that will solved the problem. And everyone should be cautious as well and stay away from public places and don't go out, simply as that.

The only thing that I can think of is let blockchain technology be used as a tool to accept crypto as donations.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
The reality is that currently the crypto currency is falling following the stock market due to this corona virus. just look at the current state of the market that is bleeding. Hopefully Corona will quickly subside and get the vaccine. The idea of using a blockchain for fundraising is very good and must be supported.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
if this goes well, I think it will be a good thing for the blockchain when there is a major disaster and the blockchain is participating in fundraising. because it can be the first step of the blockchain to increasingly get the attention of the community, then when this disaster is over and the market is back to normal, then the blockchain can take the highest rank.
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
Governments and health organizations around the world are fighting against COVID-19, how Blockchain getting involved? Till now i don't see any relation between COVID-19 and Blockchain except the decline of crypto market.
Activity: 527
Merit: 113

This is one of the most tragic pandemic case that recorded in the global economy. Most cases of disease never let other company shut down or stop any operation but in our country no more work for people for the meantime. Means that this virus has really be gonna source of downfall of every market. Even stocks platform are forced to shutdown trading. Crypto on the other hand, taking a big hit. I just hope btc price can manuever this crisis.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Even if the blockchain technology can maintain the medical data, it is useless for the current quarantine mode. The most infected countries are in trouble to supply the necessary medicine and essential equipment. Maybe, in future controlling the data through blockchain technology will make the process more transparent but I doubt there is a specific need for this technology now.

I agree, I think its not the right time for  blockchain to be involve in this state of the world - maybe in the future as a preparation.
Activity: 756
Merit: 101
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
oh, I don't know how to relate to this news. now everyone will try to earn money on this coronavirus epidemic. it is likely that such "charitable" organizations will also try to raise money and then simply not use it. they collect money possibly to buy cryptocurrency while prices are very low and make money in the future.
I do not say that this is 100 true, but I very much doubt their good intentions
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Even if the blockchain technology can maintain the medical data, it is useless for the current quarantine mode. The most infected countries are in trouble to supply the necessary medicine and essential equipment. Maybe, in future controlling the data through blockchain technology will make the process more transparent but I doubt there is a specific need for this technology now.
Activity: 1016
Merit: 391
In my opinion the blockchain has technological strength to maintain the data and administration of the moment. However in terms of marketing it would not be pleasant to associate the blockchain with pandemics or something related. On the other hand, if the power of the blockchain is capable of reversing the situation, it will be a historic achievement.

it's a double-edged sword.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Charitable organizations are very good and of course they are trying to help fight the Corona virus. Such a good solution is to prevent getting infected with the Corona virus directly. This Virus is already pandemic and all countries are now alert.

The current Blockchain has been impacted by the Corona virus effect and all crypto-asset prices are bad. Hopefully with the Blockchain technology charity organizations can help humans to eliminate Corona viruses.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

Indirectly the corona effect has made a lot of fears at the moment, we can see how the price reduction is quite significant for bitcoin and altcoin, even some crypto platforms such as Bibox, OKEX must cancel their IPO meeting planned this month in London and will certainly affect their marketing plan this year, but the positive steps taken by Binance should be appreciated because they have been willing to donate 1.5 million US dollars to help victims of the corona virus and at least this could be an initiative for other crypto platforms to help victims from the corona virus more and more nowadays. https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1221166809329491968?s=20
Pages:
Jump to: