Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Blockchain beat VISA someday? - page 2. (Read 1088 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670
January 11, 2019, 02:38:26 AM
I don't think it can. But it will be a good competitor for Visa. Blockchain is too young. It has to spread all corner of the world. Then we may see using every area which we can't even imagine.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
January 11, 2019, 02:06:11 AM
There's still some vulnerabilities that prohibits blockchain to be adopted by most of the people. Blockchain depends somehow on the miners that makes it vulnerable. if the miners are few, more risk is there. So I guess I am not sure if blockchain can beat VISA someday. Well, if the technology will be further develop I guess it can.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
January 10, 2019, 11:48:35 PM
I don't think blockchain will beat Visa. For now, I haven't seen any projects which has changed a industry in real life but I believe that it will happen in the future and Visa can combine/ use blockchain to improve their services.  
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
January 10, 2019, 11:48:02 PM
beating a visa thoroughly is a very difficult thing, but it's not impossible. but I think blockchain and visas don't need to drop each other, if they can collaborate it will be much better. established technology such as visas that are guaranteed to be used globally cannot be thrown away, and the blockchain must be adopted as a new financial transaction revolution for the needs of the global community
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
January 10, 2019, 09:55:04 PM
Given how difficult it has been for Blockchain technology to scale since Bitcoin's inception back in 2009, it makes me wonder whenever Blockchain could beat VISA someday?

The potential is there for Blockchain to scale to many users. However, some crypto projects have sacrificed decentralization in exchange for high transaction throughput and low fees. Which is why, it cannot be possible to achieve decentralization while obtaining high scalability.

Nonetheless, do you think that it's possible for Blockchain tech to surpass traditional payment processors like VISA? Smiley
What in my mind is, when ever the implementation of the blockchain technology for payment system going smoothly, then it will be possible for the blockchain to replace VISA that we used today, and perhaps could also replace the other payment system.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 10, 2019, 09:39:31 PM
I think this will happen in the nearest two years. And maybe VISA will make this happen, by the way. If it will invest in this technology and integrate it in its transactions system.

There could be a possibility that VISA might adopt Blockchain for its own benefit someday. In the event Blockchain technology becomes so successful, VISA would take the right direction towards preserving its business model by integrating Blockchain into its platform. However, if VISA doesn't adopt the Blockchain, then I'm afraid that it'll eventually be replaced by it. One thing for sure, is that Blockchain is improving at a fast pace. Which means, that sooner or later, Blockchain would scale to millions of users without sacrificing speeds or even costs at all.

With the advent of innovative technologies and consensus algorithms (such as DAGs, ZK-SNARKS, etc), Blockchain has enormous potential to take the financial world by storm. Of course, for Blockchain to beat VISA, it would need to become regulatory compliant (something that has been quite of a struggle lately). However, if Blockchain manages to gain full compliance, then there's nothing stopping it from beating VISA. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 192
Merit: 12
January 10, 2019, 02:02:35 PM
very difficult, because without the help of the government the blockchain will find it difficult to find new users. the first thing to do is that the blockchain must be approved by governments around the world. this new technology will be accepted by the public.

This. Unfortunately, regulations can hinder adoption. But we know how it happens: first users, then businesses and governments. It will take time but I believe we will get there.
Activity: 518
Merit: 124
January 10, 2019, 01:48:30 PM
Well, from the massive adoption of the use of blockchain, I think we are heading towards that direction, blockchain almost taking over every sector and in few decades to come I believe that blockchain will beat Visa.
Activity: 242
Merit: 103
January 10, 2019, 01:34:31 PM
I think that some day Visa/Mastercard and cryptocurrency will cooperate together. And it will be in the near future.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
January 10, 2019, 11:45:12 AM
This may happen soon. Therefore, we must be prepared for this. Such a situation can happen very quickly, because the market will sooner or later start to show results and this will be global growth.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 07, 2019, 01:36:40 AM
No way, blockchain will help VISA become better if they apply the blockchain system to VISA, blockchain cannot beat banks or VISA ... because the nature of blockchain does not allow it to do it
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
January 06, 2019, 11:21:56 PM
I think that the transfer and payment methods of cryptocurrencies will have a big impact on the traditional payment industry. In some developing countries, due to the backwardness of banking business, more and more people are beginning to transfer money through cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 100
January 06, 2019, 10:26:04 PM
I don't see there is a competition between blockchain and VISA, blockchain is a system meanwhile VISA is an owner of the system. VISA could have own blockchain system. What in my mind is hoping there is an ICO project similar to VISA or Mastercard system.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
January 06, 2019, 10:02:21 PM
Given how difficult it has been for Blockchain technology to scale since Bitcoin's inception back in 2009, it makes me wonder whenever Blockchain could beat VISA someday?

The potential is there for Blockchain to scale to many users. However, some crypto projects have sacrificed decentralization in exchange for high transaction throughput and low fees. Which is why, it cannot be possible to achieve decentralization while obtaining high scalability.

Nonetheless, do you think that it's possible for Blockchain tech to surpass traditional payment processors like VISA? Smiley

If you compare VISA with blockchain, actually there are some advantages in using blockchain than using VISA.
But the disadvantages of blockchain still exist too. Once peoples using blockchain without disadvantages, blockchain will overtake it.
That is why cryptocurrency need to keep developing with quick pace.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
January 06, 2019, 05:16:48 PM
This depend on the development that is coming up. People are seriously waiting to see some progress.
So blockchain has got a lot of prospects. On its own it has a some of usefulness, that can being about more growth
Both block chain and Visa are not in anyway comparable. They two different entities, but I'm my opinion, block chain is better.
Activity: 1080
Merit: 500
January 06, 2019, 01:43:56 PM
It all depends on what will be more profitable, as the blockchain technology is still quite slow to form transactions and payment for them is also quite high, although on the other hand VISA is not perfect.
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
January 06, 2019, 12:42:45 PM
you can, provided the government wants to accept cryptocurrency completely. I'm sure the visa will be replaced by cryptocurrency. it will be very beneficial if we use crypto because all transactions are transparent.
Activity: 165
Merit: 12
January 06, 2019, 12:31:19 PM
what makes you think that? even VISA will adopt blockchain technology and build its own exchange site. Even the unimaginable thing is their exchange supports every fiat currency in the world.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
January 06, 2019, 12:01:45 PM

As a company with many users on the world, VISA is a great competitor for Bitcoin. But it's always better to come out. I think that Bitcoin can do this in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
January 06, 2019, 11:57:31 AM

I think this will happen in the nearest two years. And maybe VISA will make this happen, by the way. If it will invest in this technology and integrate it in its transactions system.
Pages:
Jump to: