Pages:
Author

Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency? - page 14. (Read 3216 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
The cost of printing more paper notes will continue to increase and every alternative will want to be harnessed in other to reduce that cost and if crypto would do that after several consultations they would go for it.

if they are interested, maybe it will happen. but, I think the odds are they will only support a project, or a coin for that. because when they develop cryptocurrency, they will make rivals for fiat.
Activity: 714
Merit: 103
Blockchain technology is not just about bitcoin. they can use this technology for speed and security of transactions. they can use the technology for public convenience.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I think that they will do it for sure like for example the, ripple which is the centralized cryptocurrency which is owned by the bank because the majority of the supply are in the banks and they are the manipulator of the price so we can say that we will be going to see more of like ripple cryptocurrency in the future.
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
I don't think any country will create a fully public, P2P, blockchain-based cryptocurrency. Instead they will create currencies on blockchain platforms that are permissioned and that can be controlled.

I think it will be useless for banks to create their own cryptocurrencies, banks can't do anything from stopping digital currencies from destroying banks.
Activity: 672
Merit: 271
Yes, the countries which have negative attitude towards Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies can create their own cryptocurrency for the investors in their countries. This will be mostly done by those countries which do not want to lose their power on this financial system. When the countries will create their own cryptocurrencies then these will be regulated and the power will be in the hands of government only.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
it could happen, because the times progressed and more modern .. of course a country and the central bank will make new innovations to compensate for the advancement of the times. Currently Bitcoin as the digital currency of its existence is increasingly widespread and growing, it is possible that will be motivated by a country and central banks to create their own cryptocurrency.
This is digital age and obviously everything is gradually beginning to go digital even as we see money beginning to enter the evolution phase as well. So many countries have already stated the obvious that blockchain technology is the future and they are ready to embrace it.

Now, I am not sure how other cryptocurrencies will fill this space since they are decentralized but even with the countries having their own system, it would still end up centralized but with so many opportunities for the country if this is adopted.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
In Venezuela already has its own crypto currency ElPetro, here's an example for you !! It seems to me that after that, other countries will also create their own crypto currency. So this is the future.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
yeah it may be happen, in this kind of situation right now and cryptocurrency is a future tech that we can't mess up and can developing into it full development
Activity: 515
Merit: 12

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?

This is an idea that i like, banks creating their own cryptocoin, it would be hilarious, considering all their critics, but in the same time it would be amazing, that would be a power exercise for blockchain tech.
Activity: 224
I think it's possible. They can make and release their own digital currency, but the main point here is if it will be useful for their banks and if people will appreciate this digital currency.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
I believe some countries have already started creating their own crypto coins. I read already there are many corporate crypto coins are finding success like ripple. Then why not government may try creating their own coins ?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
I think this is a good thing. Indeed some countries have such discourse and only a few are already realized. This I think would be useful for the future of later and seemed to indirectly also supports the existence of crypto.
We are still in the early stage and I am sure some countries will actually adopt the technology faster than the other based on how they are eager to grab and make it functional within the banking system. Over time, once few countries starts, the others will use them as a case study and then we will start seeing others taking the action as well. We all know the countries with fewer infrastructures will always be the last on the scene anyway but I believe this is something we will get to see over time.

This is possible to happen in a country having actively participating in cryptocurrency if the government will accept to legalized the digital currency as part of the national currency in the there country.
In my understanding, countries may first try their own cryptos first and after that they will realize the importance of having a common crypto (similar to euro). So, there are interesting years ahead for sure.
Activity: 238
This is possible to happen in a country having actively participating in cryptocurrency if the government will accept to legalized the digital currency as part of the national currency in the there country.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Creation of national digital currencies may eventually become inevitable for governments as part of the step to their wanton desire to control things in the crypto space.
Activity: 308

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.

Yes they might create their own cryptocurrency in the future since bitcoins today is growing even more in the market and popularity in social media's are everywhere so investing today will make you rich in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
The tv was well-known on the trend of bitcoin so the bank was willing to go about it currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency future.
They are not actually blind to see the benefit that blockchain technology brings to the whole country in itself and it is obvious they are really going to be exploring this area in the long run.

Some countries are already trying to do this while some are already looking into it, so at the end, I believe this would somehow throw out the idea of paper currency as we see things get better and actually will help the country's development if adopted as there should be more transparency, accountability within the governmental and banking system.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252

Well there is a big possibilities that this statement will happen there are some banks that are now clearing their doubts in cryptocurrency and that will leads to creating their own crypto coin and in the near future all people will be involved in cryptocurrrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
We are already witnessing that some countries are trying to create and create their own centralized crypto currency. Therefore, there is no doubt that they will continue to do so in the future. The most famous so far is the Venezuelan coin of Petro, which is provided with oil. So far, it has been fairly successful. Centralized digital coins of other states are not so popular. I'm still expecting the release of centralized digital coins in China and Russia to see how much these coins will be successful and how they will compete with decentralized crypto currency. This is a very interesting question, which will greatly influence the future of the entire crypto currency. However, these big states are not yet in a hurry to create them, or they have become convinced of their inefficiency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I don't think if central bank can make their own currency, because make own currency need a permission from government on their countries .if government accept ,then they can make own currency. But i dont think their currency will be work for global payments
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
   Head of russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina told she plans to create crypto ruble last year, but noone rushes to do it nowadays. Ministry of Finance has different opinion, crypto ruble may threat secret financial flows, they think.
   Anyway if Central Bank will ever create nation crypto currency it will has not bitcoin's features, it will not provide anonymity, will not be mineable

Based on the info I encounter the work is actively in progress. Bank of Russia and some major commercial banks are working together on a national ethereum-based blockchain called Masterchain.

According to the BIS classification (https://www.bis.org/cpmi/publ/d174.htm) this concept looks like wholesale CBDC. It will help facilitate payments in financial markets and interbank transactions.
I think that creation of a wholesale CBDC is a question of near future. Unlike a general purpose digital currency which could act as a substitute for cash/commercial bank money and would require much more research and regulatory changes.

Concerning the Finance Ministry, they have introduced a draft of law recently which would effectively enable doing ICOs in Russia. Not sure which secret flows you mean though, but from what I see they look at crypto even more favorably than the central bank.

Pages:
Jump to: