Pages:
Author

Topic: Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency? - page 24. (Read 3216 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 256
As I can remember, there is a country that tried to make their own digital currency. I do not know what really happened but I think that is not released. Countries will be making their own crypto currency since it is the future of money. In the future we can see digital currencies used by almost all of the people in the world not as an asset but as a common currency.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
I don't think any country will create a fully public, P2P, blockchain-based cryptocurrency. Instead they will create currencies on blockchain platforms that are permissioned and that can be controlled.
Activity: 406
Merit: 121

A few countries and central banks have been talking about “digital currency”, and most of them are carefully ignoring the term “crypto”. Fact is- digital currency is not the same as cryptocurrency. These countries/central banks are recognizing the benefits of the digital currency features of cryptocurrency, but they don’t want any of the decentralized uncertainties that come with blockchain-based currencies.
Will countries or central banks create their own cryptocurrency?
Pages:
Jump to: