Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Cryptocurrency be a Global Currency in the Future? - page 6. (Read 613 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
Realistically I think bitcoin will act as the primary asset that's used as a hedge against inflation replacing most other assets like gold, and would act as a currency competitor for most larger currencies forcing countries to pay closer attention to their fiscal policy. Some smaller and more unstable countries I'd imagine would make the switch to bitcoin more quickly than the China or US, but it won't be in the near future that USD/CNY collapse to the point of complete obsoletion. So global currency in the near future, probably not. Perhaps at some point? Maybe.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
The BTC will be the father coin and there will be a lot of sub coins.

It's 2021— it's probably a great time to finally realize that not every single cryptocurrency today is trying to be money or a currency. Most of cryptocurrencies now are sort of like pseudo-equities; And the ones that are actually trying to beat bitcoin in the currency/SoV category will simply fail.
Activity: 308
Merit: 21

Most likely not. Most likely every country will have its own CBDC. People are too uneducated to understand the different between BTC (deflationary, decentralized asset for people who likes freedom) and centrally controlled CBDC.

“GIVE me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws.” So said Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Don't expect that people who have this power now will give it away without fight. Especially that this fight is super easy to win if your average opponent dont even know what inflation is.

It not about inflation and deflation. The point is why governments will allow a financial system which it cannot control? The crypto enthusiastic people keep on saying that crypto is superior to fiat because of features like decentralization, controlled inflation etc. But do we understand are these features going in favor of govt? certainly not. Crypto has its own existence and identity, stop comparing it with Fiat.     
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
Yes, It can be expected that cryptocurrency will be a Global currency in the future.
 Cryptocurrency is a unique kind of currency that has great potential.
It has an attraction for all ages of life. It has a great opportunity for those who want to do something and desire to step forward.
Moreover, It has equal chances for poor or rich for development .
This currency has brought a revolutionary change in the world of business and trade.
It promotes a positive activity also.

Most likely not. Most likely every country will have its own CBDC. People are too uneducated to understand the different between BTC (deflationary, decentralized asset for people who likes freedom) and centrally controlled CBDC.

“GIVE me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws.” So said Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Don't expect that people who have this power now will give it away without fight. Especially that this fight is super easy to win if your average opponent dont even know what inflation is.

Mayer Amschel Rothschild understands so well that money is power.  But can BTC be a Reserve currency? 

Most probably CBDC will also be preferred by the governments of the country which will work just like fiat. If these CBDC will only run on blockchain it might just make the country's finance to be transparent. This is something to be decided by them, I doubt the government will make it public for anyone to see transactions in real-time.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
Yes, It can be expected that cryptocurrency will be a Global currency in the future.
It has an attraction for all ages of life. It has a great opportunity for those who want to do something and desire to step forward.
This currency has brought a revolutionary change in the world of business and trade.

Activity: 396
Merit: 30
Pages:
Jump to: