Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Darkcoin take second place over Litecoin next bubble? - page 3. (Read 3341 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Yea I can't help but agree, I figured though once BTC turned around (when ever that may be), LTC might be in the lower range of where it was prior to the last BTC bubble (around 1.5 to 2 usd per coin).

If BTC slows down its downtrend and turns around, which I'd imagine would have to happen at some point fairly soon, Would you buy LTC along with your BTC? What about any other altcoins? Or are you the type to stick to Bitcoin only? (which is probably honestly the safest move, so I definitely see why)

I can't help but feel bullish still with all the venture capitalist still lining up to join in on the fun, and big names like Paypal, Overstock, Expedia, and DISH (granted they aren't actually holding the coins, just utilizing them as a payment system, which is what they are meant to be used for anyways, to some extent). It just goes to show that the concept of Bitcoin is not only working, its flourishing, and its catching the interest of large corporations as a way to move funds from A to B without costing an Arm and a Leg. That screams to me "Get in while the little guy still can", am I wrong in thinking this way?

so ya, if BTC starts on up a rise again and we can safely declare crypto isn't going to the floor, would you then feel safer buying alts? and if so, what do you think of DRK? are there better, more anonymous, more Innovative coins now? if so, which?

I think LTC will always be number 2, so no matter what if BTC rises, LTC should too at some degree, but depending on how much is another story. It's hard to knock something out of place when its been there since day one IMO. My biggest bet is always on Bitcoin though for the time being.

Thank you for your time and input, its greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening, best of luck with profits.

@RobinWilliams

AH ok, I see, this is why I came to the big boys, I figured you guys would be able to tell me whats up with DRK and why or why not its a good idea. What is the most innovative new altcoin now? Is there anything that's come out since DRK that's a better alternative possibly?

I'm guessing I'm going to stick with my original plan of buying mostly BTC with around 30%-40% of my funds going to LTC if they get cheap enough. Smiley Worked like a charm last time and I want my crypto back. DRK has just interested me in the past, the anonymous features I figured would make it a major contender but it sounds like the devs screwed around with the confidence of the public and didn't launch it right, which I know can all but destroy a coin before it even gets started. Just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
the problem with darkcoin is it's legacy of artifically pumping it's price by changing social rules of coin emission AND the masternodes AND the ring signatures.

for these reasons it will continue to erode.  likecoin has a long history and a ton of energy (PoW) behind it and will continue to stay in #2 until a coin puts as much energy (energy bills, ASIC investment, etc) in as litecoin AND has a good reason (smart blockchain or anoniminity)
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Litecoin will continue to follow Bitcoin in price and if we get a prolonged bear market would be declared "dead". For any coin with added utility like added anonymity it has to appear necessary first (Like a demonstration of the lack of anonymity, people in jail, etc..)
Altcoins are way too risky to have right now imo.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I know that Darkcoin is actually fairly far behind volume wise and probably market cap wise and every other way as well. The ONLY reason I am asking this is because, I remember the last bubbles, as bitcoin started to rise, Altcoins took off late afterwards, and people made incredible gains on random alt coins at the time.

I remember Novacoin was over Litecoin in price all the way up to like 25$ each until litecoin finally surpassed it and reached ~$50s. I know the reasoning behind the NVC rise was due to there being significantly less coins than others.

My reasoning on Darkcoin - It brings new safety features to crypto-currency and I believe the added anonymous feautures are perceived as a great asset to crypto-currency and we saw them rise to very high prices. Since this new coin actually brings something fairly new to the table (much how quark did during the boom, causing it to have a giant rise during the first weeks of its creation).

I'm definitely buying Bitcoin, at least a few thousand worth (when the time is right, the time is not now obviously but I believe it is pretty damn soon!! lol), I'm also buying some litecoin, and I'm debating on splitting the few thousand I was going to put solely into LTC and buy half LTC and half DRK - I just wanted to see how many others thought this would be a good move. I'm wanting to diversify between a few different currencies that are on the cheaper side at the moment. (Doge isn't an option maybe if it comes back down a lil later on). PPC interests me slightly as its cheap as well, but I'm thinking DRK is going to be the big mover this time (unless theres a better coin than DRK now??) LEMME KNOW Smiley TANK YEW

Thanks for all your opinions! Take care and have a nice day everyone! Best of luck to your future Bitcoin endeavors

EDIT: I know no one truly knows, I know no one has a crystal ball with all the answers. I'm just wanting a few opinions as to where DRK actually places in the Crypto Economy.
Pages:
Jump to: