Pages:
Author

Topic: Will destroying Bitcoin by fixing it make us insanely wealthy? - page 3. (Read 24176 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Do it, show them all!
Just be sure you not coding it on javascript or any other meme language.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Any project is welcome to rival existing ones because competition is extremely important. Do not forget the stagnation days when names mentioned and wallet releases were considered pump& dump reasons. Most bitcoiners still don't understand why ethereum is increasing in value because they were sold the motto bitcoin is digital gold and their narrow mindset will transform them into bagholders. Something similar to what LTC is today, nobody cares about ltc, nobody is using it, but chinese asic miners have a place to dump their worthless coins. Because the bagholders find it hard to sell their tokens at a 50-90% value loss.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
I have a "blockchain" (aka hash chain) consensus design which eliminates PoW, is not nothing-at-stake (i.e. is not PoS nor Tendermint's Byzantine agreement) which puts the users of the system back in charge. It eliminates the waste of electricity and it remains decentralized regardless the level of whale concentration of the token supply.

It is ultimately deflationary (i.e. the money supply shrinks later) so that is even better for investors than the 21 million coins limit.

I am going to STFU and finish implementing this system. Just want to let y'all know that the mining cartel is (actually both of the opposing cartels are) going to lose and we (and that can include you the reader) are going to become insanely wealthy while solving the problem that Satoshi didn't.

Re: Do miners really think destroying Bitcoin will make them rich?

If you look at the way things are going now, you might realize that miners have lost the plot. They are sabotaging the whole Bitcoin experiment, because they want to make more profit and if they cannot do this, they will attack the minority chain to achieve their goal.

Satoshi had hoped that this will never happen, but it is happening now.

Let's change our mindset and show these miners who makes up Bitcoin. ^grrrrrrr^

Even the mere fact that it is possible, would scare away investors. These miners has had enough power and leverage over the rest of the people using Bitcoin and I for one would welcome any change in the code to eliminate that power. These SonsAbitches are killing Bitcoin for their own profit and they want the rest of us to sit back and take it up the a$$.

They seem to forget that Bitcoin has no value, if nobody wants to buy or use it, so the power is not in their hands.

I know you guys want to fight back and win. I know you aren't willing to give China Inc. control over our Internet.

Blockchains are about more than just payments. Let's make it so.

I'll be shipping this technology with unlimited TPS scaling and instant (sub-second) block confirmations.

It will not be an ICO. The distribution will be mined by the users without any PoW.

It is just time.

Feel free to give me any feedback in the comment section below. Are you with me on this if I deliver the goods and it is all verified to be legit?

I just want to know if you guys are ready or not. Then I'll leave you alone so I can go code it finally. Or are you Bitcoin maximalists going to continue to try to stay with a brand name that has an insoluble consensus paradigm? (Note I have wanted and continue to want Bitcoin to remain viable, so that doesn't change but reality is reality)

I'll also appreciate my edification about any dangers of doing this and other information which might be helpful for me to gauge the landscape that lies in front of me.

I'll presume good developers will come join and help. They can earn a lot of money for doing so.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

China is very big and powerful country and if it wants to take over bitcoins it would be easy for them to get some asics. So hashpower won't matter. Bitcoin must protect itselves by any means necessary.
Though I dont think that BU seriously threaten Bitcoin now.

Still complacent I see...

Re: Why Bitcoin won’t hardfork like Ethereum

Some people spread rumors around, saying that the mining industry will control Bitcoin if BU wins. This is obviously a fallacy, no one can fight against the market unless he possess more money than the market.

As if the market will have any other choice. That was a nice lie.

Now that Bitcoin is at least 51% mined from China, prepare for future regulations to be enforced on all transactions. The reference to Taiwan a subliminal warning to Westerners of their future ass kicking humiliation.

The BU mining cartel admitted it can and will 51% attack when required to.

I warned you all last year. And you all said I was spreading FUD.

When you guys are serious about decapitating the centralized power of the miners, come talk to me.

Edit: a mining cartel has an incentive to violate the 21 million coin limit. Why wouldn't they?

Satoshi designed the system to be immutable (or die, i.e. a poison pill protection).

Appears to me that Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to either be replaced by something better or die. Bitcoin was the pot-of-gold he put out to incentivize the free market to find a better mouse trap than he could accomplish. It was a masterful strategy.

Re: Chinese Central Bank Requiring Extreme Customer Verifications at Exchanges

https://news.bitcoin.com/chinese-central-bank-requiring-extreme-customer-verifications-at-exchanges/

I know we're talked about endless rumors and fake news of China "banning" bitcoin, but short of an absolute ban this sort of thing looks like a step in the direction we have long feared they would take. A big step.

The PBoC is apparently requiring every customer to write out how they got their bitcoin, among other things, such as explaining why they are withdrawing whenever they want to convert to fiat. Very, very intrusive stuff. The question is, how will Chinese buyers respond? Is this just business as usual when dealing with their government, or is this the sort of thing that will dry up the Chinese market for bitcoin? Or something in between?
Pages:
Jump to: