Pages:
Author

Topic: Will DEX's ever get the liquidity and volume of Centralized Exchanges today? - page 3. (Read 377 times)

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
Yeah, that's a question I keep asking myself these days. There's so many DEX projects, some of them not even being "Real DEX's" like the Binance "DEX". I've been wondering if another bull run could trigger a huge influx of new users towards these projects, since you don't need to own an account to use them.

Remember Q4 of 2017, when you couldn't even open a Binance account since they got too many registrations at once? With the recent influx of new trading options, some of the volume could be moved towards decentralized solutions such as Blocknet, just to name a project.

Another thing worth speculating on, is people seem to HATE KYC like the plague. Imagine all the rich and wealthy people, like celebs, and people with big time careers, they might not even want to risk disclosing what they hold should a centralized exchange be compromised, which makes DEX's the best solution.

Could 2020 be the year of DEX's? Just a thought... Grin
I understand that the original idea for Blockchain and Bitcoin was for everything to originally  be decentralized putting the financial power back into the hands of the people, but many of the DEX's are very sketchy and any investor should be weary of depositing their funds into them in fear of not getting them back. I had a real bad experience with TopBtc exchange a while back but after days of refuting my claim I recieved my money back.
  I think whales are also more prone to market manipulation from these smaller DEX's, I feel a little safer with a partially centralized exchange but not completely centralized.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It's a chicken and egg thing. People will only join DEX's if there is already existing liquidity, but because nobody will take the first step and everyone is waiting for everyone else, there isn't any liquidity.

Whereas centralised exchanges try to inject liquidity themselves in order to attract members to their exchanges.

Also: there are too many DEX's. People need to settle on just one or two and make them work.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
Maybe?

We don't know but things like that could happen when there's a major influx of new investors and users coming in. We came to that point already so it might happen and those who don't like to get into KYC might even be fine with Binance's limited account for non KYC verified accounts.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
If by next year, there is so much awareness about decentralized exchanges, particularly the advantages it has over centralized exchanges, not minding its shortcomings. If more people should get to know about this and if they agree with it, then it will happen as proposed.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Revolutionizing Reward Points
dex is the future of exchange
and maybe in the future Dex will surpass the liquidity and volume on centralized exchange in this day, i believe that
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Yeah, that's a question I keep asking myself these days. There's so many DEX projects, some of them not even being "Real DEX's" like the Binance "DEX". I've been wondering if another bull run could trigger a huge influx of new users towards these projects, since you don't need to own an account to use them.

Remember Q4 of 2017, when you couldn't even open a Binance account since they got too many registrations at once? With the recent influx of new trading options, some of the volume could be moved towards decentralized solutions such as Blocknet, just to name a project.

Another thing worth speculating on, is people seem to HATE KYC like the plague. Imagine all the rich and wealthy people, like celebs, and people with big time careers, they might not even want to risk disclosing what they hold should a centralized exchange be compromised, which makes DEX's the best solution.

Its the upcoming 2020 hype term, we have one every year, stablecoins this year, "DEX's" in 2020 Tongue
of course yes, most of them wont really be DEX's, as they will still rely on centralized services to middle man, as most of them always have..
real dex's like Bisq, have been around for years, but they are not very user friendly, and we knew that
What will be interesting is if some kind of second layer thing will be developed that can make them ACT more like centralized Dex's, while maintaining TRUE dex status, p2p , wallet to wallet.
(something that will give them speed and liquidity). Is that something that "imesh" can/will be used for? hmmm

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

Liquidity pool will solve it as some DEX had been planing as well. Its however not close to happening yet.  The number of DEX kept increasing over time. WAVES DEX was one of the oldest but still doesn't have much volume to it but I think they are diverting it all to Tidex which I suppose its also their own project.

I too see DEXes likely becoming more popular in the future as regulations around crypto as a whole increases and more and more exchanges start to require more and more extensive KYC in the future. It might not be this year that we see 'em becoming bigger even if another major bull run comes around as a few major exchanges like Binance still allow users who don't submit KYC to trade, but I expect even Binance might start to ask all users for KYC sometime in the future.

I don't see binance dex to be asking for KYC one day, but the dex I think is just a ploy to lure more users to them who prefer not submitting IDs.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
I too see DEXes likely becoming more popular in the future as regulations around crypto as a whole increases and more and more exchanges start to require more and more extensive KYC in the future. It might not be this year that we see 'em becoming bigger even if another major bull run comes around as a few major exchanges like Binance still allow users who don't submit KYC to trade, but I expect even Binance might start to ask all users for KYC sometime in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187
I'm thinking the same this is why I'm buying as much dex coins as I can like waves , stakenet , blocknet. All 3 projects have HUGE chances for 2020 to make a major spike in price as their development is highly active and also the roadmap points into this direction. Personally I like Stakenet and Blocknet much more than Waves because Waves have 0 marketing ideas in my opinion , no wonder why the community blames the project and the price won't even recover as we see Waves under 10k satoshi ...which is super sad to see.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: