Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Dogecoin ever be more than a joke? - page 2. (Read 5447 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 27, 2013, 12:54:54 PM
at the moment DOGE is profitable
Activity: 4
December 27, 2013, 12:47:55 PM
I think dogecoin is used only for speculations to gain short term profit, so it won't have long term value.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
December 27, 2013, 12:40:22 PM
Dogecoin is a joke and very smart scam. Bagholders will cry. The real currency is Kittehcoin.
Blasphemer! Catcoin is the only coin!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
December 27, 2013, 12:32:23 PM
If so - What incentive is there for someone new to cryptocurrencies to get into something like BTC? Mining is pretty much hopeless unless you are willing to spend tons on highly specialized mining rigs. Given the volatility in BTC value, investing USD to buy BTC is a financially dumb and risky move and pretty much amounts to gambling. So why/how should Joe Schmo get into BTC at this stage and how is it going to be in his interest to do so? From the outside looking in, it looks like all the early adopters want Joe Schmo and all his buddies to adopt BTC and invest money into it, so they can cash out and make their money.

Investing USD to buy any cryptocurrency is not best in my opinion, buy only if you want spend.
You may invest in creating business accepting cryptocurrency instead, and you find only real option here is Bitcoin
Activity: 8
December 27, 2013, 12:30:38 PM
Dogecoin is a joke and very smart scam. Bagholders will cry. The real currency is Kittehcoin.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Just trust me.
December 27, 2013, 12:24:22 PM
If so - What incentive is there for someone new to cryptocurrencies to get into something like BTC? Mining is pretty much hopeless unless you are willing to spend tons on highly specialized mining rigs. Given the volatility in BTC value, investing USD to buy BTC is a financially dumb and risky move and pretty much amounts to gambling. So why/how should Joe Schmo get into BTC at this stage and how is it going to be in his interest to do so? From the outside looking in, it looks like all the early adopters want Joe Schmo and all his buddies to adopt BTC and invest money into it, so they can cash out and make their money.

Buying BTC is financially dumb? Amounts to gambling? ..what do you call investment in any capacity? You're judging Bitcoin by the individuals involved rather than the coin itself. Of course, the people buying into BTC are mostly speculative and driven by greed - the dream to get rich with little to no effort. So this causes you to call BTC a pyramid scheme?

Instead of looking at who is holding the coin, we should look at what Bitcoin, or more importantly, cryptocurrencies offer;
-Anyone can send money to anyone else, anywhere with no limitations, with no middle-men for little to no fee.
-Less risk for merchants having to deal with fraudulent charge-backs, & no payment processor fees to the merchant
-Protects against identity theft as it doesn't expose any of the customers' sensitive information the way credit cards do
-The ability of a globally accepted currency to reach places in which other payment systems are not established -or are corrupted
-Liberating from corrupt centralized agencies
-Entirely market driven; the value is set upon pure market conditions only
-It's secure (as secure as the initiative a person puts into securing their assets -requires responsibility) and it's transparent
-Naturally deflationary -encourages responsible spending, instead of gluttonous consumption
..and these are only from a strictly financial standpoint. They are capable of much more than merely a system of payment.

Pyramid Scheme? I'm sorry, but you don't understand what this is all about then. It may not be Bitcoin, it might be something else entirely -but cryptocurrencies will do to financial mediums of exchange what the Internet did to information gathering and sharing.
Activity: 101
December 27, 2013, 12:04:07 PM
Looks like each hour is released new altcoin, most of them are just copycats, what the Devs are thinking about...
Activity: 21
December 27, 2013, 11:51:09 AM
It's strange that there are a lot of alternative coins without worth or worth linked to BTC.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1001
December 27, 2013, 11:47:59 AM
Dogecoin is the future

such random   

much profit    wow   

many coin

------------------------
from Brazil.
No, I'm not going to the world cup.

carnival
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
December 27, 2013, 11:36:13 AM
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about developing a new crypto called "Buttcoin"
What do you all think?  Wink
You mine it by farting on your rig.

Haha I'm in. I'm sure somebody will eventually create this.
Activity: 28
December 27, 2013, 11:34:18 AM
@Lamontweaver You really have to get ready about them furthermore people are loosing trust for this altcoin.
Activity: 8
December 26, 2013, 06:53:58 PM
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about developing a new crypto called "Buttcoin"
What do you all think?  Wink
You mine it by farting on your rig.

http://i41.tinypic.com/osx215.png
Activity: 85
December 26, 2013, 06:52:32 PM
I love the  fact that Doge upsets "serious" traders. I bought early and made some money of it, but long term, I worry for the coin. There are just too many of them and too many slumdog millionaires waiting to sell into any rise.
Activity: 16
December 26, 2013, 06:38:08 PM
have you ever seen the community under it?
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
December 26, 2013, 02:57:45 PM
Its high on Cryptsy of .8 of a bitcoin on December 18 was quite a feat, so much so it took 6 hours for my wallet to be deposited
Activity: 11
December 26, 2013, 02:56:56 PM
I hope it will survive, just because its a big fuck you in all this seriousness
lol
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
December 26, 2013, 02:10:45 PM
I hope it will survive, just because its a big fuck you in all this seriousness
Activity: 28
December 26, 2013, 02:06:57 PM
How much Dogecoin do you think the naysayers have actually mined, as someone new to mining, it is a great opportunity to get a larger reward for the time spend mining. I do not have the greatest rig, or the money to shovel into a great rig, it is fun to learn about the different alt-currencies and eventually I and other may be able to afford such rigs that would allow us to mine the coins others see as valuable. I see Doge as valuable.

Just my 3 cents
Activity: 70
December 26, 2013, 12:12:57 PM
Sometimes jokes makes a big ball, and then it is difficult to stop. Hopefully Dogecoin doesn't die....
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
December 26, 2013, 11:48:58 AM
I think it's a joke, but then again in 1994 I wrote the first E-commerce web site as a screaming joke. Didn't expect more than 2 people to use it, we got 100+ people to sign up for the conference.

That code was in use for 18 years. Go figure.

C
Pages:
Jump to: