Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Dollar worth 0.0001 BTC one day - page 4. (Read 5524 times)

Activity: 506
Merit: 500
December 12, 2013, 09:15:21 PM
I'm guessing for that  Bitcoin would have to be $40000, right? Very less likely.

I think it will.

If it does, I will be a multi-millionaire Cheesy
I think it will hit the ten thousands point in a few years or so

Unless you sell earlier, of course, thats what crashes are for, to get the coins out of weak hands
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I love bitcoins.
December 12, 2013, 09:12:51 PM
I'm guessing for that  Bitcoin would have to be $40000, right? Very less likely.

I think it will.

If it does, I will be a multi-millionaire Cheesy
I think it will hit the ten thousands point in a few years or so
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
https://bmy.guide
December 12, 2013, 08:40:43 PM
If it was 1 mil per coin, people will be buying 0.0001 or something like that, and early investors will be selling 2 btc (combined, at any given moment). The price will surely go down.

This doesn't make any sense.

Lets say im an early invest with 100 btc. BTC reaches one million. I sell all of my btc. The price will crash because of the fact that people wont be able to buy at 1 mil.

If it was 1 mil per coin, people will be buying 0.0001 or something like that, and early investors will be selling 2 btc (combined, at any given moment). The price will surely go down.

Some early adopters have over 100,000 BTC, do you see something like this happening now  Huh

No, because btc is still at a reasonable price. People can still buy 1 btc whole.

Just to inform you, 100 BTC * 1 mil USD  = 100,000 BTC * 1,000 USD Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com
December 12, 2013, 08:21:12 PM

Lets say im an early invest with 100 btc. BTC reaches one million. I sell all of my btc. The price will crash because of the fact that people wont be able to buy at 1 mil.

1) You could say that at any $/BTC value.
2) Why would you sell it all at once and cause the price to crash?

You wouldn't just put in the equivalent of a market order to sell everything at any price the moment someone else makes a trade at 1 BTC=$1 million. You'd put in the equivalent of a limit order. "Sell as much as possible, up to 100 BTC, at $1 million/BTC or above." If people aren't able to buy at $1 million/BTC (*), then the price would stay below $1 million/BTC, but it wouldn't crash.

Again, what you're saying makes no sense. Let's say you're an early investor in gold and have 10 tonnes of gold. The price of gold goes up to $10 million/tonne. You sell all of your gold. The price will crash because of the fact that people won't be able to buy a 10 mil?

(*) There are 7 billion people in the world. If 100,000 of them each bought 1 mBTC for $1,000, then that 100 BTC gets sold at $1 million/BTC. The only question is how much people are going to value BTC in the future. And we can only really speculate on that.

One person wouldnt sell 100 btc, but a lot of early investors could start selling totaling 100 btc at that time.
legendary
nahtnam.com
December 12, 2013, 01:51:33 AM

legendary
nahtnam.com
December 12, 2013, 01:50:48 AM

Some early adopters have over 100,000 BTC, do you see something like this happening now  Huh

No, because btc is still at a reasonable price. People can still buy 1 btc whole.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
December 11, 2013, 09:10:57 PM

Activity: 252
December 11, 2013, 09:05:34 PM
People thinking that 10000$ is a lot for one bitcoin only because 10000 looks a lot, they can't understand that 1000$ looked impossible some months ago. Not years but months.
legendary
nahtnam.com
December 11, 2013, 08:58:48 PM
No one can really predict, but I think that it will surpass even that in time. I think it will continue to grow right up until its mining limit.

It depends. The price depends on a lot of factors, so just because there are less btc to mine doesnt mean the price will go up.

Yes, but mined Bitcoins will have higher value if the difficulty keep rising (or block reward halving and difficulty remain stable)

I will guarantee you that it will stop at around 10k. It wont go past it, because no one is going to pay 1 mil for a bitcoin, people are going to sell wayyyy faster than buy, so the price will start to go down really fast to a reasonable price.
while i have no data to back this up i feel like people are buying whole bitcoins less and less after the $500+ jump and i feel like that trend will only continue as prices go up. and as the earliest adopters sell their stash of bitcoins (which if they are smart they will sell them slowly to gain the most value per coin) the market will dip and continue upward.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 11, 2013, 08:39:36 PM
No one can really predict, but I think that it will surpass even that in time. I think it will continue to grow right up until its mining limit.

It depends. The price depends on a lot of factors, so just because there are less btc to mine doesnt mean the price will go up.

Yes, but mined Bitcoins will have higher value if the difficulty keep rising (or block reward halving and difficulty remain stable)

I will guarantee you that it will stop at around 10k. It wont go past it, because no one is going to pay 1 mil for a bitcoin, people are going to sell wayyyy faster than buy, so the price will start to go down really fast to a reasonable price.
while i have no data to back this up i feel like people are buying whole bitcoins less and less after the $500+ jump and i feel like that trend will only continue as prices go up. and as the earliest adopters sell their stash of bitcoins (which if they are smart they will sell them slowly to gain the most value per coin) the market will dip and continue upward.
Activity: 122
December 11, 2013, 08:14:28 PM

I believe you, 10k is reasonable price anyway. We will see within 2 years if the price can go higher or really stop at 10k  Wink
legendary
nahtnam.com
December 11, 2013, 08:07:05 PM

Activity: 122
December 11, 2013, 08:04:30 PM

legendary
nahtnam.com
December 11, 2013, 08:00:28 PM

Activity: 56
December 11, 2013, 03:08:31 PM
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
December 11, 2013, 02:14:37 PM
gold is inflating ?  Shocked

If we find a huge deposit of gold that equals 5% or even 10% of the total gold supply , how would you call that?

Price drop.

Thats why gold is not as secure store of value as most think
Activity: 406
December 11, 2013, 02:06:38 PM
I think 1 satoshi will be worth of a dollar if not even that - who wants the paper trash?

I am not agree with you its need too much time may be its near to 2050 or after this right now its trying to fix it at 1000$ to 1 btc
Activity: 168
December 10, 2013, 04:05:43 PM
I think 1 satoshi will be worth of a dollar if not even that - who wants the paper trash?
Activity: 28
December 10, 2013, 03:57:57 PM
Let me just save you the time and tell you that NOBODY KNOWS AND ANYBODY THAT THINKS THEY DO IS SPECULATING.

So your saying that nobody knows for sure an event that is supposed to happen in the future will happen 100%?
Oh , I assume you're right!
Is somebody gong to argue with you Smiley? Course not?!
Activity: 15
December 10, 2013, 03:50:21 PM
Let me just save you the time and tell you that NOBODY KNOWS AND ANYBODY THAT THINKS THEY DO IS SPECULATING.
Pages:
Jump to: