Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum overpower Bitcoin in the future? Which side are you on? - page 4. (Read 891 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Ethereum is unlikely to beat Bitcoin in the future,It inherited some of the features of Ethereum from Bitcoin, so Ethereum can go up like Bitcoin but cannot beat Bitcoin. This is my opinion. Smiley)
Activity: 298
Merit: 5
Even if we will side to Ethereum but the big whales or investors will side to bitcoin then we cannot do a thing about it even in the future. But if the users can overtake the big whales holding then that is the time that crypto prizes can't be monopolize easily.

Right now, most of the crypto are very dependent to bitcoin price but if I were to side. I will definitely choose bitcoin even if it has plenty of disadvantages as it is the
King of crypto currencies.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
The blockchain and cryptocurrency industry is an industry that is constantly changing and evolving. So it’s hard to give you a binary answer inmy opinion. I honestly love both the projects.

However when I look at it from a larger perspective, I realize that the industry is rapidly changing and the top project maybe something we least expect. I see a lot of development happening in the Web3 ecosystem with respect to Polkadot. I see new projects like Concordium which are exploring new paradigms like Faas( Finality as a Service ) and are backed by years of Academic Research. DeFi is changing the way we know Finance.

If there is one thing we can learn from the industry, its that change is the only constant and BTC is King. It has always been.

Ofcourse Ethereum is very innovative, it is infact one of the most innovative projects out there, but BTC will continue to dominate unless Ethereum brings something so huge that it will lead mass adoption and will be seen a better store of value than BTC. Ethereum was never intended to be a store of value.

The truth is both Bitcoin and Ethereum has contributed a whole lot to the growth of the entire crypto space, on one hand, Bitcoin made the crypto space possible while on the other hand, Ethereum makes the further expansion of the crypto space possible. But irrespective of that, one of the wonderful features or attributes of Bitcoin is that, it is the most trusted and secured of all coins, now owing to the fact it is more trusted, in my own opinion makes it perfect as the best coin which will continue being on top. Yes Ethereum is decentralized, but not as decentralized and trusted like Bitcoin.
Therefore to attempt to answer the question, I do not think any  other coin have the capability to overpower Bitcoin, not Ethereum or any other coin. Talking of most projects today, they are only driven by hype but Bitcoin is driven by a much higher purpose.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
Bitcoin is a stand alone cryptocurrency but ethereum is a blockchain that other tokens runs on, the difference is clear and also looking at their features they are totally not the same thing, I don't think ethereum will be able to beat Bitcoin because the interest on Bitcoin is huge than that of Ethereum
of course ethereum can never beat bitcoin but other coins still have the potential to beat bitcoin, bitcoin is just an old coin and has a relatively large supply, so it will be difficult to make the price go up, so bitcoin can be defeated with coins that have supply is less than bitcoin and has a very high demand.

Bitcoin does not have a large supply compared to some altcoins which has billions of supply.

I agree, ETH can't beat bitcoin despite of the hype because Bitcoin also rises with the hype and investor's choice when the market is bearish is just to put their money on bitcoin as it's the most stable in the market.

Let's look at the market for awhile, despite the fact that ETH looks very bullish thus far but bitcoin still own more than 50% dominance, and that's owned as that dominance is not against ETH only but the entire altcoins.  Per report in CMC (https://coinmarketcap.com/), ETH has around 14% dominance only.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
   I invest in Bitcoin and in Ethereum, I am trying to be on both sides! Whoever wins the top place will be good for me, and it's
what diversifying means, you never hold all of your eggs in one basket.
   I believe that it will stay the same, Bitcoin will be first, Ethereum will be second, but if that changes I will be secured. It will be
good for many of us who have more Ethereums than Bitcoins.
   It's not on me to take sides here, I hope both will have great future, different projects with different purposes, why not to have
both and secure your future.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 253
Bitcoin is a stand alone cryptocurrency but ethereum is a blockchain that other tokens runs on, the difference is clear and also looking at their features they are totally not the same thing, I don't think ethereum will be able to beat Bitcoin because the interest on Bitcoin is huge than that of Ethereum
of course ethereum can never beat bitcoin but other coins still have the potential to beat bitcoin, bitcoin is just an old coin and has a relatively large supply, so it will be difficult to make the price go up, so bitcoin can be defeated with coins that have supply is less than bitcoin and has a very high demand.
Activity: 421
Merit: 47
The blockchain and cryptocurrency industry is an industry that is constantly changing and evolving. So it’s hard to give you a binary answer inmy opinion. I honestly love both the projects.

However when I look at it from a larger perspective, I realize that the industry is rapidly changing and the top project maybe something we least expect. I see a lot of development happening in the Web3 ecosystem with respect to Polkadot. I see new projects like Concordium which are exploring new paradigms like Faas( Finality as a Service ) and are backed by years of Academic Research. DeFi is changing the way we know Finance.

If there is one thing we can learn from the industry, its that change is the only constant and BTC is King. It has always been.

Ofcourse Ethereum is very innovative, it is infact one of the most innovative projects out there, but BTC will continue to dominate unless Ethereum brings something so huge that it will lead mass adoption and will be seen a better store of value than BTC. Ethereum was never intended to be a store of value.

It is true and evident that etherum is throwing waves and increasing altcoins dominance against bitcoin, and it is also easy to admit that DeFi are sending shock waves to how we see finance and know finance, but neither etherum or DeFi is able to overpower bitcoin. Bitcoin has been strong, leading, and surviving for over a decade and as a strong and firm believer of consistency, i believe that a short term fuse and hypes about DeFi changing the face of finance, and etherum sudden movement is not enough to usurp bitcoin on the longer run.

Because in the end, both you and me would prefer to get paid in Bitcoin, and not DeFi or etherum
Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
if talking in terms of price, recently YFI was one of the Defi coins that had a high selling value above the BTC price. but I am not saying that BTC is bad, BTC is one of the best coins among them. I have never had any doubts or concerns about storing BTC & ETH for a long time either. both of these cryptoqurrencies are profitable investments.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I am on the winning side, I am here to make money and the rest is secondary. I do not choose side because there is money to be made on both side. I believe some people behind Bitcoin think they are acting in the best interest on Bitcoin but they have chased new blood away from the community. You need to let people experiment and through this people will fill welcome
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
I do not think so.

Although the introduction of Ethereum has addressed and solved most of the problems related with bitcoin, what separates them completely is the amount of people that are willing to purchase such cryptocurrencies in the market. The price of ethereum compared to bitcoin is significantly high which I do not think that the former will overtake in the long future.

The only thing I envision that might dethrone bitcoin as the reigning cryptocurreny if countries provide a massive prohibition, regulation, or ban on bitcoin. From there, people would be constrained to purchase and its price will slowly decrease. But this is very hypothetical which I do not see will happen anytime soon.

Activity: 224
Merit: 28
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

Tokens created on ethereum blockchain will never allow it to reach after some level but this is not the case with bitcoin but it doesn't mean we have to skip ethereum.Both are good projects but keep in mind that tokens and other shit coins which also comes under altcoin so overall it will get affected when bitcoin dominance keeps increasing.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 10
www.cd3d.app
all crypto markets are focused on bitcoin, so I think it is very difficult for ethereum to replace bitcoin, in the development maybe many large projects that use the ethereum network into their projects, obviously it will benefit ethereum as well in the future, only a few are less good namely transaction fees expensive and high, the problem they cannot solve is how to make it cheaper
While many projects are now using the Ethereum network, this is certainly a positive thing for Ethereum. Ethereum developers are also launching Ethereum 2.0. Even then I think the crypto world is still dependent on Bitcoin, with the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices affecting the crypto market. So I believe Ethereum will not be able to surpass Bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
Its hard to see this happening soon, its also hard to give assumptions now since eth is far too behind bitcoin. BTC has a lot of following backing it up and its already established the name and proved its worth. Tho its possible if eth manages to overcome this, but that future is far too beyond. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon.
I have not closed my mind on the possibility that one day, ethereum will dethroned bitcoin and replace its position but it might take more years to wait. Bitcoin is currently enjoying its top position and is gaining more huge gains compared with ethereum so probably, things will not change at these early times. And even if this crypto market keeps on changing, the fact that bitcoin is still the king  of crypto will never be easily changed.
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Bitcoin and Ethereum aren't the same thing, Ethereum is the king of smart contract and that's just it but Bitcoin is more, there are many new coins that has better transaction speed and more advanced tech than these coins but still they can't beat both, investors trust these coins more than any
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
Well the current price pull certainly makes it look ethereum is going to moon. But it would be a long time for bitcoin to be dethroned and it would take Ethereum even longer to beat bitcoin. As ethereum is a utility token, it needs to keep its transaction fees and price in check but they can compensate that by beating bitcoin on total market value with a large volume. Ethereum's supply is already 12 times that of bitcoin and with a steady increase in price and supply, they could dethrone bitcoin on the total marketap but it would be nearly impossible for any new tokens to target the bitcoins price.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
Ethereum is very evolving and I am very overwhelmed to see the tweet vitalik buterin about possibility of further lowering the transaction fee as part of the project ETH 2.0. This is the reason why I believe with time, we might see a dramatic overtake of the Bitcoin by the Ethereum. I know bitcoin is always favored being the oldest and also has the sole function of being used as a digital currency but when we have another interesting coin with a team that continuously improve the blockchain, I think we might have a rethink
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
This has been discussed so many times asking if Ethereum will overpower, surpass, or whatever the term they used or something overtake the current situation. As I can say, maybe not maybe yes, the time comes there is an improvement happen, the two leading cryptocurrencies has also different usage in different aspects. A short insight is Bitcoin is good to store value while Ethereum is for the decentralized network and Defi is a good project that has lately discovered.

IMO, Bitcoin will remain on the top and Ethereum as a leading cryptocurrency of all altcoins. It will take probably more time even how many upgrades this Ethereum had, there is no exact number of market supply while Bitcoin has a fixed supply.

Overpower? let see what will happen but my faith is on Bitcoin.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
Why are people still acting like Bitcoin and Ethereum are mutually exclusive, or even competitors at all? Ethereum obviously wants to evolve into being "the world's computer", even Vitalik Buterin obviously admits it - a platform using blockchain technology for things like DApps and DeFi. This is not something bitcoin was designed to do, the two cryptocurrencies have very different use cases.

Comparing them is really not worthwhile at all as they are serving two different paths in crypto. And we should be grateful for the existence of these two important networks in the crypto community.  And of course, we are indebted with the creation of bitcoin network, where it all began. There will be businesses that will benefit from eth network while there are some that will stick to bitcoin. It relies on what type of business and customers they are looking at. Eth as you pointed out, DApps and DeFi will be their major customers while businesses that do think of the popularity aspect, will prefer bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 256
I am positioned between the two, because I believe bitcoin will never be replaced and ethereum is my second choice after Bitcoin, indeed from the problem of developing ethereum is better, but Bitcoin which has many followers will find it difficult to replace it.
indeed there will never be anyone who can replace bitcoin but maybe that will beat bitcoin is a lot of candidates, you can see how the current YFI price movements can exceed and beat bitcoin prices on exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: