Pages:
Author

Topic: Will I MELT my Asrock H110 motherboard? Electrical advice needed. - page 2. (Read 797 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
Thanks! Where is the "power check" in the bios? What's is called?

Also, per the manual, and because it's 13 gpu's, it says these molex must be plugged in. I have to believe it's for a reason since this is a "mining" board, and ASrock is well aware of powered risers, no?

Are you using this board now?

Is the "power check" option in the bios something different? Where can I find it specifically?
You don't need to use the motherboard molex PCI-E supplemental power when using all powered risers. You do need to disable the power check in the Bios or you will get a warning message at Post.

the reason is if you dont use powerered risers than you can connect the onoard molex and still have enough power.
if you look at the manual you can read that these molex supply extra power to pci slots
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I think it's in the advanced menu > Chipset configuration. Look for PCI-E power warning or something like that and set it to disabled.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Thanks! Where is the "power check" in the bios? What's is called?

Also, per the manual, and because it's 13 gpu's, it says these molex must be plugged in. I have to believe it's for a reason since this is a "mining" board, and ASrock is well aware of powered risers, no?

Are you using this board now?

Is the "power check" option in the bios something different? Where can I find it specifically?
You don't need to use the motherboard molex PCI-E supplemental power when using all powered risers. You do need to disable the power check in the Bios or you will get a warning message at Post.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/YFbxHPq.jpg

My motherboard requires 2 molex be connected for 13 gpus.

I'm using a server grade psu in conjunction with 160w pico power. The pico power has 22 awg wire which has 1 molex attached already.

My first thought was to add another molex to the pico power. However, based on @philipma1957 past experience, the pico may not be able to handle the extra (second molex) power being drawn by the board. It could melt the pico!

The current thinking is to add a molex on one of the lines coming from the server psu. But, since the server psu is 12v only, I will leave out the 5v which is usually used with a 4 pin molex.

Will this be problematic?

Thanks to @philipma1957 for helping thus far.
Pages:
Jump to: