Pages:
Author

Topic: Will it still be profitable to mine Bitcoin in the future? - page 2. (Read 1327 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I mean for an individual. With the increasing difficulty and halving it gets harder and harder for an individual to make a profit from mining.
What do you think about this?

With power increasing and new bitcoin mining farms opening , mining become harder more and more , so for an individual it won't be very profitable unless he have pretty cheap electricity if not free ... (that's for now) , on the Future it will probably won't be profitable at all (Correct me if I gave any wrong information's which I don't think I did) .

Nobody knows what the future will hold.  Once the reward for finding a block is cut in half to 12.5, are all those megafarms going to be able to justify their costs to keep mining blocks?  Will a large amount of home miners fall out?  Nobody really knows.  Us home miners right now are gambling a lot hoping that we'll still be viable at the halvening.

Another thing to consider...will the price of bitcoin keep rising?  The higher the price, the more lucrative it is to keep miners on, even when block rewards are cut in half.

So in summary...Nobody can answer with 100% accuracy.  Some people like blackjack or poker, some of us like bitcoin mining.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
I mean for an individual. With the increasing difficulty and halving it gets harder and harder for an individual to make a profit from mining.

With power increasing and new bitcoin mining farms opening , mining become harder more and more , so for an individual it won't be very profitable unless he have pretty cheap electricity if not free ... (that's for now) , on the Future it will probably won't be profitable at all (Correct me if I gave any wrong information's which I don't think I did) .
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: