Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Lympo revolutionize the way of doing sports also with a new ecosystem? - page 2. (Read 196 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 12
Furthermore a point, it's all about getting fit and starting/having a healthy lifestyle. If you cheat you're about to cheat on yourself.
I know it's also about rewards, but this wouldn't sound right if you want to outsmart the system. Wink
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
It souds cool and possible to work but I want to remind you that people happily used fake gps apps in even pokemon go to show themselves walking/running. Getting rewards. How can this app block this especially on android, I don't know.

So.. rewards will only be given out if you are training with a personal trainer; and you have already bought that service on the Lympo platform or from their partners. For example, everyone who runs in the Vilnius marathon this September will be eligible. If open challenges are organized, they plan to add various max limits and other rules to minimize the risk of cheating.

It souds cool and possible to work but I want to remind you that people happily used fake gps apps in even pokemon go to show themselves walking/running. Getting rewards. How can this app block this especially on android, I don't know.

Thanks for this comment, yeah people are always trying to gain some kind of benefit for themselves, so it can happen that there are some fraudulent cases.
This one is one good question, I try to get an answer for this. Smiley
But first of all, there is until now just one big event in September in Vilnius, Lithuania. There is an Blockchain Run in which every runner will be rewarded with LYM tokens via the Lympo digital fitness wallet.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
LYMPO.IO - MONETIZING SPORTS AND HEALTH DATA VIA BLOCKCHAIN

I really do a lot of sports in my free time and this combined with blockchain and a reward system would be just awesome!
So Lympo just aims such topics and wants to bring it all together. A short explanation can be found in their short Summary and a much more detailled version of the project behind in the Whitepaper.

Here is a small excerpt from Lympo's CEO Ada Jonuse about the product Lympo wants to build:

"With Lympo we are building digital fitness wallet that will be an app, which is connected with other apps or wearables that you already use and they are tracking your fitness activities: steps, running distance and or sleep rhythm. And we are connecting that with the apps or wearables that has open APIs, because we can connect them with our app — Lympo digital fitness wallet."

Tokens can be earned in some different ways, Ada comments as follows:

"We offer two ways our users to earn LYM tokens: one way is to work with personal trainer who uses lympo and your personal trainer can come up with challenges ideas like run 5km every day or maybe swim 1km every day. And you will submit all your data and when you reach your challenge goal you will get tokens from your achievements."

These quotes are from the Q&A-session from an Medium article.

So I want to ask you guys what do you think about the idea at all and Lympo wants to aim?
I'd say that it would be perfect if it gets combined in running fitness apps like Freeletics or Madbarz. Partnerships with such apps are one great way to attract more people. I also tried to contact them and wanted to convince these Apps getting in contact with Lympo, but so far unfortunately without success.
There are right now several partnerships like Smackway or GymPro. Strong communities behind the team and from existing apps could be combined to achieve much more.
So it would be great if you comment something about it, no matter what.
Pages:
Jump to: