Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Michael J Saylor become the richest man in the history of mankind? - page 2. (Read 182 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
If the monetary system collapses then there are two possibilities
- 10 million dollars will buy you a lollipop
- nearly all the wealth in the world will be destroyed, making it impossible for BTC to have a market cap of 210 trillion.

You can't have the cake, eat it, and also throw it in somebody's face at the same time!  Wink
So let's stick to the scenario where Bitcoin is reaching 1 million without any apocalypse!

I don't know why people have wet dreams about it. They only see one part of the big picture, the part that suits them best. If the monetary system collapses there is going to be pain, a lot of pain, and if you have a lot of Bitcoin or money in general it better not be noticed.

In addition to him not actually owning the "nearly 1% of all BTC in circulation," he'll probably go to jail first:

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/08/31/washington-dc-suing-microstrategys-michael-saylor-for-tax-fraud/

https://blockworks.co/news/bitcoin-michael-saylor-tax-evasion-lawsuit

He's a sociopath fixated on satisfying the whims of his own ego. A lot of beta bitcoiners look up to him as a role model, which is unfortunate because he's not a good person.

https://newrepublic.com/article/160773/bitcoin-price-boom-michael-saylor-microstrategy
After founding MicroStrategy in 1989, Saylor was part of an alleged accounting scheme that vastly overstated the company’s earnings, making a money-losing, publicly traded corporation look profitable. In 2000, Saylor, two other MicroStrategy executives, and the company itself paid a total of $11 million in a settlement with the SEC; Saylor, who personally signed off on the fraudulent earnings reports, paid $8.2 million of that. The charges were settled with no one admitting any wrongdoing. Somehow, Saylor has held onto his role at MicroStrategy over the last 20 years, reportedly becoming one of the richest people in the capital region. The company’s revenue has declined every year since 2014.

Well, the tax issue will have to be looked at I didn't know anything about it. If he goes to jail, I'm not going to cry, but I'd better wait for the sentence, and the settlement without admitting any wrongdoing doesn't tell me anything either, there are people who admit a minor penalty without guilt to avoid a small probability of a serious penalty.

If anything, I had a better idea of him at first. After a while I realized that those messages he throws out to the masses along the lines of "mortgage your house to buy Bitcoin, borrow from everything to buy Bitcoin", are insane.

But seems like the community needs a Bitcoin Jesus desperately, too bad they are selecting the worse of the worse.

This. Wasn't the former Bitcoin Jesus McAfee?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Plus he couldn't give less of a shit about the principles on which bitcoin was founded... he represents nothing more than an insane level of greed which should not be emulated by anyone.

Let's not forget this:

Everyone becomes a believer when they smell the cash, just as how when there is no more money and no possibility of a get rich quick scheme they will be the first to betray and stab you in the back. But seems like the community needs a Bitcoin Jesus desperately, too bad they are selecting the worse of the worse.

Activity: 602
Merit: 638
Microstrategy holdings are equal to about 0.667% of Bitcoin's maximum supply. 

Let's not leave by assumption and procrastination. Bitcoin doesn't need the monetary system to collapse before it can hit $10,000,000. What's the point of having a trillion dollars when its value is below a current $100 note? And even if that happens, don't you think other stocks' prices will also increase because fiat has been devalued and needs more of it to meet its current value? Your assumption creates no possibility of Michael Saylor becoming the first trillionaire, even if he were the owner of the entire Bitcoin holdings of Microstrategy.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
In addition to him not actually owning the "nearly 1% of all BTC in circulation," he'll probably go to jail first:

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/08/31/washington-dc-suing-microstrategys-michael-saylor-for-tax-fraud/

https://blockworks.co/news/bitcoin-michael-saylor-tax-evasion-lawsuit

He's a sociopath fixated on satisfying the whims of his own ego. A lot of beta bitcoiners look up to him as a role model, which is unfortunate because he's not a good person.

https://newrepublic.com/article/160773/bitcoin-price-boom-michael-saylor-microstrategy
After founding MicroStrategy in 1989, Saylor was part of an alleged accounting scheme that vastly overstated the company’s earnings, making a money-losing, publicly traded corporation look profitable. In 2000, Saylor, two other MicroStrategy executives, and the company itself paid a total of $11 million in a settlement with the SEC; Saylor, who personally signed off on the fraudulent earnings reports, paid $8.2 million of that. The charges were settled with no one admitting any wrongdoing. Somehow, Saylor has held onto his role at MicroStrategy over the last 20 years, reportedly becoming one of the richest people in the capital region. The company’s revenue has declined every year since 2014.

Plus he couldn't give less of a shit about the principles on which bitcoin was founded... he represents nothing more than an insane level of greed which should not be emulated by anyone.

"Stop talking about regulatory arbitrage. Censorship-resistance, privacy, and tax evasion are bad ideas. We hate that... People with billions of dollars don’t want to invest in crypto networks that support anarchists."
- Michael Saylor
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Cool story bro! Not only he will be the richest man in the history of mankind, but in the entire multiverse. Lol.
Well before bitcoin reaches 10M I should double down grinding on finding some puzzle bitcoins.😉 I will be the second richest man.
And Satoshi could keep on holding over a million BTC, gold hoarding dragon!
 ~I the people.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
He holds 140 000 BTC at this point. Nearly 1% of all BTC in circulation at the moment belongs to Michael Saylor.

He doesn't own those coins, Microstrategy does, and Saylor has only 16% shares of MicroStrategy!
Back to the drawing table!

If the monetary system collapses within 10 years and BTC ever reaches 10 million dollars, he will have a net worth of 1 400 000 000 000 USD. Aside from his other assets that I'm not aware of.

If the monetary system collapses then there are two possibilities
- 10 million dollars will buy you a lollipop
- nearly all the wealth in the world will be destroyed, making it impossible for BTC to have a market cap of 210 trillion.

You can't have the cake, eat it, and also throw it in somebody's face at the same time!  Wink
So let's stick to the scenario where Bitcoin is reaching 1 million without any apocalypse!
Activity: 193
Merit: 22
He holds 140 000 BTC at this point. Nearly 1% of all BTC in circulation at the moment belongs to his company Microstrategy

If the monetary system collapses within 10 years and BTC ever reaches 10 million dollars, he will have a net worth of 1 400 000 000 000 USD. Aside from his other assets that I'm not aware of.

He would be the first trillionaire and surpass Elon Musk/Bernard Arnault 5 times. But in terms of intrinsic value this may not be true. It depends on what happens to the value of their companies and assets.

I wonder what will happen to Saylor while BTC is on the rise. Because of his fame, he can't stay under the radar. It would not surprise me if the US government comes knocking on his door, demanding to confiscate his BTC "to protect the monetary stability". Or they develop prison sentences for known holders of BTC. In that regard he reminds of Jack Ma, the richest man in China who disappeared for months and was supposedly forced to sign off the rights of his company Alibaba.

I believe the future is bright for BTC, but anonymity will be key when banks and governments launch their attack on DeFi

Pages:
Jump to: