Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Monero, Dash, Zcash, And Other Private Coins Be Delisted? - page 2. (Read 250 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
Never thought about this, but now I think that scenario looks quite probable... But I think there always will be many small noname exchanges where you can sell your coins.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
I believe in the future the volumes of the anonymous coins will be concentrated into the decentralized exchange site or small exchange sites as the major companies must deal with the regulators and i believe if the regulators will order those exchange sites to eliminate the anonymous coins from their ecosystems.
It will happen for exchange sites which wanna comply with the regulation and anonymous coins will be delisted from such exchange site.
it's easy to predict where will it be going on.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies draw more and more attention from regulators and politicians around the world. Governments openly pursue monitoring of transactions. They tend to restrict or ban digital currencies that make the monitoring job harder.

The most well-known example is the set of guidelines for the cryptoindustry released by the FATF. According to the document, Bitcoin exchanges and other Virtual Asset Service Provides have to observe KYC, AML, and CFT procedures like traditional finance companies. However, the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies gets in the way of observing the guidelines to the letter.

In Bitcoin and some other altcoins there are ways to implement at least some form of surveillance. But when it comes to so-called “anonymous cryptocurrencies” this isn’t exactly the case.

Several recent cases show that some trading platforms aren’t going to bother and will simply delist problematic coins. On September 30th, a large Korean exchange Upbit delisted Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Zcash (ZEC), Haven (XHV), BitTube (TUBE), and PIVX. On October 10th, another Korean exchange OKEx did the same. In both cases, the exchanges acted because of the inability to observe FATF recommendations.

This is an interesting precedent that may have a significant influence on anonymous cryptocurrencies. Some experts suggest that mass delistings may leave such coins in oblivion.

Is it that bad?

https://forklog.media/will-monero-dash-zcash-and-other-private-coins-be-delisted/

True, but its also true that bitcoin has withstood the test of time
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
I don't think about delisting all of sudden. still regulators are not even near to making some first hand decisions. Then how come they are start acting upon privacy coins?
Regulators are not the same all over the world. This FATF is also not accepted by all countries.

It's obvious not all cryptocurrencies will want to obey the rules but that doesn't mean they'll be banned from every place. There's a market for privacy coins and even if some pussy countries like Korea ban them there will be plenty of other countries that won't.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
They are free to do it, not every exchange will delist these privacy coins. But if they have to, it means that it's not their personal decision but they have a government to comply with the set rules and regulations for the coins that they're regulating.
It's business and they don't want something to interfere with their operation and if they are required to do it, they'll do it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
I don't think about delisting all of sudden. still regulators are not even near to making some first hand decisions. Then how come they are start acting upon privacy coins?
Well, what about the SEC in terms of decisions, then?
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies draw more and more attention from regulators and politicians around the world. Governments openly pursue monitoring of transactions. They tend to restrict or ban digital currencies that make the monitoring job harder.

The most well-known example is the set of guidelines for the cryptoindustry released by the FATF. According to the document, Bitcoin exchanges and other Virtual Asset Service Provides have to observe KYC, AML, and CFT procedures like traditional finance companies. However, the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies gets in the way of observing the guidelines to the letter.

In Bitcoin and some other altcoins there are ways to implement at least some form of surveillance. But when it comes to so-called “anonymous cryptocurrencies” this isn’t exactly the case.

Several recent cases show that some trading platforms aren’t going to bother and will simply delist problematic coins. On September 30th, a large Korean exchange Upbit delisted Monero (XMR), Dash (DASH), Zcash (ZEC), Haven (XHV), BitTube (TUBE), and PIVX. On October 10th, another Korean exchange OKEx did the same. In both cases, the exchanges acted because of the inability to observe FATF recommendations.

This is an interesting precedent that may have a significant influence on anonymous cryptocurrencies. Some experts suggest that mass delistings may leave such coins in oblivion.

Is it that bad?

https://forklog.media/will-monero-dash-zcash-and-other-private-coins-be-delisted/
Pages:
Jump to: