Pages:
Author

Topic: Will My One GPU Rig Cause Problems With its Heat This Summer? - page 2. (Read 298 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2
You're probably fine, 4 cards is pretty small. Air conditioner may run just a tad longer.

Cool

It depends how much space there is and how much air can it gobble. I have 8 cards in a small space and it gets insanely hot during the summer, but it isn't in the basement

Huh yeah it's a ton of space, big open basement area of probably 1k sqft.

I just found a really good deal on some GPUs and really want to start just building up a mining farm, but the whole idea of building a ventilation system makes my head spin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257
I have a 4 GPU rig (rx 580s) in the basement. Been mining since January. I live in the midwest USA and it gets hot in the summer. My basement is usually significantly cooler than upstairs though. I'm running the cards on stock settings, no bios modding yet, just haven't had time to really understand how to do it correctly.

Is this going to be a problem in the summer because of the heat it puts off, or not so much since it's just one rig? What about adding one more rig, possibly in a different location in the house?

It depends how much space there is and how much air can it gobble. I have 8 cards in a small space and it gets insanely hot during the summer, but it isn't in the basement
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
You're probably fine, 4 cards is pretty small. Air conditioner may run just a tad longer.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
I have a 4 GPU rig (rx 580s) in the basement. Been mining since January. I live in the midwest USA and it gets hot in the summer. My basement is usually significantly cooler than upstairs though. I'm running the cards on stock settings, no bios modding yet, just haven't had time to really understand how to do it correctly.

Is this going to be a problem in the summer because of the heat it puts off, or not so much since it's just one rig? What about adding one more rig, possibly in a different location in the house?
Pages:
Jump to: