Pages:
Author

Topic: Will owning/trading Purevidz tokens make you liable to MPAA lawsuits? - page 2. (Read 1449 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I agree, i think you are right the MPAA will be all over it.
I also support File Sharing but i do not support crooked / rigged greedy coin schemes.
I have offered ideas for coins before over the years many times..
and one of my ideas was similar to this but this crap is sure as hell not what i had in mind.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
You see folks. The only retort anyone from the purevidz side can make is 2nd grade insults..

Do you have any comments besides, you're stupid, dumb, idiot, butthurt, sour grapes, etc?

(I've never claimed that zeronet was my project. I point to it as an existence of censor resistant technology.)

I'm asking about the legal ramifications for users of this token. What kind of law suits are you being opened up to by using vidz?

I'm thinking that Vidz might be DOA due to highly probable legal repercussions from MPAA.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Me is Cute
Purevidz claims to be some type of censor resistant platform using torrents and a few other buzzword technologies to create a streaming content site similar to hulu or netflix but with pirated content.

Lets ignore the technology aspect of this scheme. Lets ignore that you already can get this content for free from a number of reliable sources including the censor resistant sites on zeronet (zeroplay, zerotv, zerotorrent.bit) Maybe you can't stream them yet, but again lets ignore all technology aspects, similar to their threads where they only focus on the money.

The center and most heavily promoted part of this scheme is the bounty system. Bounty is paid in vidz tokens. Bounty is used to request content and pay moderators off and pay for development. Because of the bounty aspect, it could be argued that the moderators and developers are generating money from illegal content, ie making money from pirated content. Because of the bounty aspect, it could be argued that owners of this token are propping up the value of their token through illegal content.

It seems to me that once you include money (the vidz tokens) with pirated content you have just opened yourself up to a whole new legal level of MPAA lawsuits. So the purpose of this thread is to discuss who will be liable and how will the MPAA take this?

I foresee the MPAA going after, very heavily,

any exchange that trades a token (who's sole purpose is linked to pirated content trading)
users who purchase the token
hosting companies who are paid via this token
legit businesses who wish to use this service but get paid bounties via this token
moderators who receive this token as form of payment.

someone is butthurt their zeronet project got fraped by PureVidz.....

Kiss
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
Purevidz claims to be some type of censor resistant platform using torrents and a few other buzzword technologies to create a streaming content site similar to hulu or netflix but with pirated content.

Lets ignore the technology aspect of this scheme. Lets ignore that you already can get this content for free from a number of reliable sources including the censor resistant sites on zeronet (zeroplay, zerotv, zerotorrent.bit) Maybe you can't stream them yet, but again lets ignore all technology aspects, similar to their threads where they only focus on the money.

The center and most heavily promoted part of this scheme is the bounty system. Bounty is paid in vidz tokens. Bounty is used to request content and pay moderators off and pay for development. Because of the bounty aspect, it could be argued that the moderators and developers are generating money from illegal content, ie making money from pirated content. Because of the bounty aspect, it could be argued that owners of this token are propping up the value of their token through illegal content.

It seems to me that once you include money (the vidz tokens) with pirated content you have just opened yourself up to a whole new legal level of MPAA lawsuits. So the purpose of this thread is to discuss who will be liable and how will the MPAA take this?

I foresee the MPAA going after, very heavily,

any exchange that trades a token (who's sole purpose is linked to pirated content trading)
users who purchase the token
hosting companies who are paid via this token
legit businesses who wish to use this service but get paid bounties via this token
moderators who receive this token as form of payment.

Pages:
Jump to: