Pages:
Author

Topic: Will people pay taxes for bitcoin ? - page 4. (Read 1040 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20
February 14, 2018, 11:59:11 AM
If tax income from bitcoin were possible, the first country that establish regulations on collecting taxes would be my country Turkey. The minister of economics warns people about dangers of bitcoin and says it is not a reasonable way of investment
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 14, 2018, 11:14:49 AM
Bitcoins itself could not be taxed because it is not regulated by central banks,it is a virtual currency working on its own. Unlike fiat money which is governed by the rules in the central banks and government, but even though its is not taxable, the way we spend our earnings is already being taxed. Like buying goods and services, taxes are already imposed in everything we pay.
That is incorrect. Bitcoin in the U.S. is and has always been taxable. ALL GAINS IN VALUE ARE TAXABLE. It has absolutely nothing to do with central banks. Please look to a real source of information and stop reading the stupidity of Internet posts by 15 year olds who have never had to deal with capitol gains before.

Here is a definitive source: www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-virtual-currency-guidance
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
February 14, 2018, 07:16:36 AM
Bitcoins itself could not be taxed because it is not regulated by central banks,it is a virtual currency working on its own. Unlike fiat money which is governed by the rules in the central banks and government, but even though its is not taxable, the way we spend our earnings is already being taxed. Like buying goods and services, taxes are already imposed in everything we pay.

Well if your government says they are taxable, then it can be regulated and taxed like in the US. The government can require exchanges to send user trade data at some point in the future. When you cash out to fiat the gov will want to know the source.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
February 13, 2018, 11:20:14 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
February 13, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
Cryptocurrency and taxes. It is controversial topic. Noone want to pay taxet especially for bitcoin. Now this is a very profitable business and soon the government can introduce taxes on cryptocurrency nevertheless. But we can`t "touch" or "hold" it so in what way cryptocurrency might be taxed?

In my opinion, cryptocurrency may be taxed in the same way as a program or any sale or purchase transaction. Regardless of what you are selling, if you are profiting, you are required to pay tax.

What do you think?
I think yes because taxes are contribution in our society,community and country. Taxes will give fund in the technology and structure. People thinks that they can help to our country by paying taxes in bitcoin in the future.
Let us say that bitcoin has already tax imposed on it and due to its anonymity so we do have options to make whether to declare it, declare half or little or not at all, so who are we making fool at? the government? We may fool the government and I myself sometimes guilty but do you think we do have difference in the corrupt officials? I doubt.

We have the options to make and we do have the choice in which path we will decide, just remember the consequence it may throw against us  with the decisions we made. Remember we are the creators of our own action and will take full responsibility for it after.

We all have our own free will and it is up to us to determine what is the right thing to do. Laws and rules are made for us to follow but at the end of the day, it would be up to us whether to follow it. Tax may be imposed on crypto but it would be up to the user whether to pay them and consequences may follow because everyone must be responsible of their own actions. I believe that users would pay their taxes if they want to be law abiding citizens.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 12:25:25 PM
Nothing can be done even if I don't want to pay if the government put a penalty to those who commit tax evasion then you will force to pay your bitcoin taxes. I hope government consider bitcoin like a regular salary from a regualar job that have a minimum fair for those who paid taxes, bitcoin is peoples money, not government money and that is why for me putting a tax on bitcoin is not necessary.
February 10, 2018, 10:39:28 AM
I do plan on selling it when it reaches certain price and buy again when it dips,but no plan on cashing out.I think I need to really understand this bullshit tax rules before tax season comes.

FYI, as as soon as you sell, even if you rebuy later, it is a taxable event.
Untill you cashout you do not have to pay tax on your earning. That is so simple.

In the US if you trade from one crypto to another, it is a taxable event. It is not considered a like kind exchange. The US gov passed a law explicitly stating like kind crypto trades are taxable for 2018.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
February 10, 2018, 02:42:53 AM
If there is a law in your country that requires you to pay tax in every bitcoin transaction then you must obey that law and pay the corresponding tax. Many governments have been looking for effective ways in taxing the cryptocurrencies including strict regulations to the exchanges. Their always reason is to protect its people and the financial stability of their country.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 09, 2018, 07:05:33 PM
With all the trading that goes on in Crypto, this is pretty murky especially if you have your stuff in different exchanges. I believe it will be a better to tax a person when they actually cash out in fiat. I know most western countries now have laws to tax you when you are transferring from one crypto to another which a real headache as most people always transfer to other cryptos.
Activity: 37
February 09, 2018, 04:48:14 PM
I do plan on selling it when it reaches certain price and buy again when it dips,but no plan on cashing out.I think I need to really understand this bullshit tax rules before tax season comes.

Untill you cashout you do not have to pay tax on your earning. That is so simple.
February 07, 2018, 12:34:40 PM

Activity: 471
February 07, 2018, 10:13:27 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 07:48:09 AM
That is the major concern for goverment because they don't know how to collect the fund in the form of taxes with bitcoin trading. So that why many goverment are still in dilemma whether to legal it or not. This is the major concern governments are facing.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
February 07, 2018, 06:57:08 AM
Cryptocurrency and taxes. It is controversial topic. Noone want to pay taxet especially for bitcoin. Now this is a very profitable business and soon the government can introduce taxes on cryptocurrency nevertheless. But we can`t "touch" or "hold" it so in what way cryptocurrency might be taxed?

In my opinion, cryptocurrency may be taxed in the same way as a program or any sale or purchase transaction. Regardless of what you are selling, if you are profiting, you are required to pay tax.

What do you think?

I think yes and as of now in here phillipines have taxes by transaction fee though , but I know it would help a thousand people though it can help our society or our community , and I agreed to your statement that it is required to be fair.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
February 06, 2018, 10:54:03 AM

What do you think?
I think yes because taxes are contribution in our society,community and country. Taxes will give fund in the technology and structure. People thinks that they can help to our country by paying taxes in bitcoin in the future.
Let us say that bitcoin has already tax imposed on it and due to its anonymity so we do have options to make whether to declare it, declare half or little or not at all, so who are we making fool at? the government? We may fool the government and I myself sometimes guilty but do you think we do have difference in the corrupt officials? I doubt.

We have the options to make and we do have the choice in which path we will decide, just remember the consequence it may throw against us  with the decisions we made. Remember we are the creators of our own action and will take full responsibility for it after.
Activity: 85
February 06, 2018, 01:23:42 AM

What do you think?
Activity: 14
February 05, 2018, 08:28:05 PM

I think if Cryptocurrency was taxed, there would be a revolution against it
Activity: 280
February 05, 2018, 06:42:49 PM

What do you think?
This is a never ending argument and issue about bitcoin towards government and taxation where we do always assume that government can able to impose taxes directly which isnt really possible but in regard or terms of cashing it out into local fiat then thats the time on where they would set in and do require those obligations (tax) to be paid off. People can easily hide their money through bitcoin but they cant really avoid when they are already cashing it out.
And that's the reason they are trying their best to control the cryptocurrency market especially they always make negative news to the public just to shutdown the value of bitcoin as well as the alts.
I hope authorities or personalities stop fud and just do a decision to regulate or ban cryptocurrency, crypto trading is all over the world not centered on a single country.
Going back to payment of tax, if i trust my government of course i will pay my tax but if not i will try to minimize the tax or even avoid it as much as possible because i know my money will go into waste because of corruption.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
February 05, 2018, 12:31:12 PM

What do you think?

Yes , cryptos and taxing issues are synonymous especially with the huge money churning out from this new technology. Probably, the government could be looking for ways to want to tax investors but they really can't, if they don't put it down in black and white in their constitution.

It has to be backed by the powers of the constitution which would now be a guideline to punish evaders for instance. As far as I know therefore, I'm yet to read or hear a country that has actually adopted the digital currency in totality because if they do; it will be in the constitution either as optional financial means of transaction to fiat, in other to avoid being made a feast for the solicitors

What I then think is that , before taxing will seat, regulations and control will be introduced and if that happens,  whether cryptos are touched or felt physically will be inconsequential because the government would simply start from the registration and regulation of exchanges , off course we know why. Thats where withdrawals and deposit most times are sent to.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 02, 2018, 08:40:18 AM
I'm currently paying about $12k per quarter.  So... yes.
Whoa! What percentage of income tax in your country? At such speed you have no chance to remain unnoticed. But you probably have not problems with withdraw Fiat. When the government helps its citizens, takes care of that they had the opportunity to have an income do not wish to pay the tax. But there are States which are doing the opposite obstacles and want to get a taxes. It seems to me that paying taxes is a two-way road. Everyone decides for himself to pay taxes or not. Opportunities to hide income is a lot.
In the U.S. I make enough that I have to estimate my taxes quarterly. Between the state and the federal taxes I put aside the maximum amount. When I do my taxes at the end of the year I will likely receive a refund of some of that money.
I'm not hiding anything. I don't have to hide because I am following the law and not sticking my neighbors with my tax bill. I think a lot of people are going to be very sad when the IRS catches up to them and presents them with a bill for years of profits. Their defense that "a guy on the Internet said..." is not going to be worth anything in court.

Pay your taxes and be bulletproof.  Wink
I appreciate this opinion. Perhaps you are satisfied with the activities of your government. Only satisfied people can have such thinking. If the country provides an opportunity for its citizens to have the income she deserves to have its citizens to pay taxes honestly. I am sincerely happy for you. But there are many countries where the government plunders the Treasury. This is the main reason why people do not want to pay taxes. People should always be responsible for those whom they bring to power in the elections.
You make a good point. Although I am not always happy to see my tax dollars wasted, Taxation itself is a solid idea. It really does come down to who controls the treasury. There are places so corrupt that taxation is just theft. In such places I would not pay taxes and would use my bitcoin to fight the government. At least for the moment, even with dipshit in office, I feel I can work within the system.
Pages:
Jump to: