Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ripple prices tank because Ripple Co founder is continuously selling them - page 2. (Read 241 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 19
He sold 54million ripple and still I can't even noticed any huge dump in ripple price, hell yeah ripple is not a bad coin after all, it's a good coin worth holding for long term.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
Ripple co-founder selling off his coins will definitely have short term impacts on it, but not long term impacts. The main reason why i dumped half of my XRP bag for ETH was because of this news, so if other people have similar mindset like me then more people will dump this period. However, the co-founder dumping his huge bags might live to regret his actions in future if price skyrockets.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
As long there are investors willing to take Ripple from his hand and there is a demand for Ripple, it won't impact Ripple prices. It was not uncommon for founder or chairman to selling their stake in stocks of their company. Though to make sure that action not sending the wrong signal toward investors, they could secure a deal with someone to overtake their bag. From what I saw, Jed McCaleb didn't do this so I think Ripple prices only be impacted if he dump a lot in one goes.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
According to the article link quoted below Ripple Co-founder Jed has been continuously selling his ripple coins, and in April he sold around 54 million worth ripple coins. It’s also pertinent to note that he’s given a statement where he says that he’s indeed selling them, but he has no intention to harm the coin or the market. However would you be comfortable to hold onto such a coin, because I’m starting to have second thoughts about holding them. Further what do you’ll think of his sales will it indeed harm ripple, or it won’t have any negative impact on ripple prices in the long run.

Ripple co-founder Jed McCaleb sold more than 54 million XRP in April and still has billions left to sell, according to his wallet activity.

McCaleb told Cointelegraph that he has been selling his XRP “at a slow, steady rate” and has no desire to “negatively impact other companies in this industry.”

Source:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ripple-co-founder-jed-mccaleb-sold-54-million-xrp-in-april
Pages:
Jump to: