Pages:
Author

Topic: Will silver ever skyrocket? - page 5. (Read 3826 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
May 19, 2017, 02:23:53 AM
I really doubt it ever will, if you do have some, sell it and get some Gold rather, gold seem to skyrocket whenever there is a major disaster and it seems that almost happens on at least a monthly basis. Gold is the best investment for terrible times.
I think the whole point in investing in Silver now is that ist is historically at a low Silver:Gold price ratio, as well as being more volatile.
The hope is that when Gold rises, Silver will rise even more back to the historical norm ratio and there will be profit to be made.

Don't buy into the whole $1000/oz rubbish, it could be $50 sometime again soon, but even that is far from certain.
There isn't a shortage like some people say, and plenty is mined as a byproduct.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
May 19, 2017, 01:59:18 AM
I think it has a good chance to be skyrocketed, silver is one of the precious metals and one day it will become scarce and silver being used in many sectors, so many things in our life using silver so when the market has a lot of demands then the price will go up
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
May 18, 2017, 11:18:57 PM
I do not think that silver will grow too fast. It can only be used for very long investments or for those who have very little money to invest because it is too cheap.
It makes very nice jewellery too, so it has a practical use.

More to your point is that silver did skyrocket from like 2008-2011.  Now it's in the crapper again,  if you call $16.50 toilette worthy.  Might ve an excellent time to buy for those who like to actually buy low.  I have some but I'm sorta reluctant to buy more.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
May 18, 2017, 11:14:18 PM
people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

am i mistaken or did i miss something?

Theoretically silver could go way up, but I doubt it.

There are various schools of thought on silver.  Because it is used by industry, and ("they say") it is relatively scarce re physical gold, that means should there be a squeeze, Ag could go way up.  Silver is the best metal for various electrical applications.

But, my money is mainly on gold.  The Central Banks do not store silver (nor Bitcoin for that matter).  They store gold.  Central Banks are not stupid.

It seems it's not rare enough compared with gold. I think if you'll have your own vault, there is also the problem of storing it, after all, it's not as inert as gold. It could be more finicky.

I'm too poor to invest in precious metals but if I have money I'd probably buy gold first and just buy silver later (I prefer it over gold - aesthetically).

Since we've you've already touched on gold, what about storing value in jewelry? Does the same amount and purity of gold change in value if it's in jewelry form? Would jewelries appreciate in value over time or do they just stay the same, or worse, drop?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
May 18, 2017, 02:47:51 PM
Unfortunately no. It would be possible if the mines were hit by a disaster or the amount of silver in the ground was very low.
Silver is mined everywhere, because it exist in various ores like copper, so ore mining in general would have to stop for silver to really gain value, but then all metals would go up, so nobody would really focus purely on silver.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
May 18, 2017, 02:40:08 PM
Silver may cost thousands dollars only in the case of inflation when couple thousands dollars will cost nothing. As a human with economic education I suppose silver will not cost high in this century. I just don't see reasons for that happen.

I agree. In the near future there is no reason for such rapid growth of silver. You can invest, but only for fun and for a long time.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
May 18, 2017, 02:10:42 PM
Silver may cost thousands dollars only in the case of inflation when couple thousands dollars will cost nothing. As a human with economic education I suppose silver will not cost high in this century. I just don't see reasons for that happen.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
May 18, 2017, 02:04:08 PM
It could go up and big whales monopolize the silver supply and then made it scares. Weird! hanh.  At this stage, silver is used in many industries thus it is industrial level metal compared to the gold.  The silver supply is in abundance and it does not hold same affection as gold or other precious metals does. But as I said nothing is impossible. Real life example, diamond. Diamonds are NOT at all scare and in fact are found in abundance. Just because their supply is monopolized, their prices have been marked up. In addition to that diamond has been cleverly marketed by Dee beers as symbol of love and stability [1] and [2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplI48hSt2E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

Activity: 145
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
May 18, 2017, 02:01:44 PM
people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

There are various schools of thought on silver.  Because it is used by industry, and ("they say") it is relatively scarce re physical gold, that means should there be a squeeze, Ag could go way up.  Silver is the best metal for various electrical applications.

But, my money is mainly on gold.  The Central Banks do not store silver (nor Bitcoin for that matter).  They store gold.  Central Banks are not stupid.

I agree. It is most profitable to invest in gold. Silver can also come in handy in the event of collapse, but it will not be as valuable as gold.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
May 18, 2017, 01:56:48 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 18, 2017, 01:42:11 PM
I really doubt it ever will, if you do have some, sell it and get some Gold rather, gold seem to skyrocket whenever there is a major disaster and it seems that almost happens on at least a monthly basis. Gold is the best investment for terrible times.
Activity: 200
May 18, 2017, 11:36:36 AM
I do not think that silver will grow too fast. It can only be used for very long investments or for those who have very little money to invest because it is too cheap.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
May 18, 2017, 11:27:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: