Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Spot Bitcoin ETF also favor the SEC? - page 2. (Read 171 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 521
October 31, 2023, 06:45:44 AM
The news about spot Bitcoin ETF approval has been making rounds in the news recently. And it has brought so much hope that next year will be a profitable one for Bitcoiners.

Maybe we should understand this that it's more of halving next year than bitcoin spot ETF approval, wether the SEC approves application or not, bitcoin market remains dependent of the demand and supply rate, the recent fake news could be said that it has a little impact on the increase felt but yet it would have been the same news that would have make the market go dip when it was realized to be fake news.

I have a feeling that the SEC will approve it next year because approving the ETF will also favor the SEC in some ways.

People are just giving theirselves fake hope with the expectation that by next year some might been approved, but SEC themselves are not making any official release on this fact, so i will count this as part of the gist that accumulate to FUD.

It will promote centralization of the Bitcoin system which will make the sector very easy to regulate.

These companies applying for bitcoin spot ETF are not applying for bitcoin itself to be adopted by them, they are only seeking approval for the use of bitcoin market price in rating their stocks and market bonds with their clients, if SEC should regulate anything here, then not bitcoin but the organizations after the use of bitcoin spot ETF.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
October 31, 2023, 06:15:13 AM
I have a feeling that the SEC will approve it next year because approving the ETF will also favor the SEC in some ways.
How will it help SEC?

The year of 2024 is very promising because there will be a President Election in the USA and if the USA. has a new President (not Biden), many new appointments will happen and Gensler might no longer be the SEC chair.

If a new chair of SEC supports Spot ETF, it will be approved because there are two supporters for it at SEC. Only one more supporters to pass it through and the USA will have a first Bitcoin Spot ETF. Gensler is a biggest barrier for a first Spot ETF approval.

It will promote centralization of the Bitcoin system which will make the sector very easy to regulate. It will be easier for this regulatory body to control the space through various policies targeted at these institutional investors.
It is against governmental benefits and they also see Bitcoin as one of threats for their centralized bank system so your point here is wrong.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
October 31, 2023, 05:54:17 AM
I do not know about the SEC than for them to do their work and regulate securities and exchanges. But the United States government will gain more because spot bitcoin ETF would be a way bitcoin can be easily be taxed and this is what you have answered yourself in your post. The SEC are working for the government and the government would be favoured.
Thank you for your response. The SEC is an agency of the government, so they act on behalf of the state. The SEC in the post represents the government.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
October 31, 2023, 05:46:21 AM
I do not know about the SEC than for them to do their work and regulate securities and exchanges. But the United States government will gain more because spot bitcoin ETF would be a way bitcoin can be easily be taxed and this is what you have answered yourself in your post. The SEC are working for the government and the government would be favoured.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
October 31, 2023, 05:33:43 AM
The news about spot Bitcoin ETF approval has been making rounds in the news recently. And it has brought so much hope that next year will be a profitable one for Bitcoiners. I have a feeling that the SEC will approve it next year because approving the ETF will also favor the SEC in some ways. It will promote centralization of the Bitcoin system which will make the sector very easy to regulate. It will be easier for this regulatory body to control the space through various policies targeted at these institutional investors.

I suspect that the reason why the SEC is delaying the approval is because they have not made enough regulatory policies to control the sector but they have intensified actions to make these laws. The clampdown on mixer services is one of the strategies of the SEC to make the Bitcoin space more centralized. And who knows if the next target might be decentralized exchanges.

Institutional investment in bitcoin will lead to an increase in the price of the currency which is good news to investors. But do you think the SEC will also benefit from the approval of Spot Bitcoin ETF?
Pages:
Jump to: