Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Tether go into crisis like XRP? - page 2. (Read 542 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
January 24, 2021, 05:42:27 PM
Tether will have its own problems and is going to become a weak point of the market if it continues to grow this fast. Think of how valuable it's going to be in 2 years and how many coins will be traded for it every day. To support it they will have to keep making more and more USDt.

If they ever lose against a government agency or someone manages to leak their data that would prove what they were really doing with money and how many tethers they were making out of thin air it's going to be a disaster.

XRP can die at any moment, the market won't notice. If USDt implodes it's going to be a bear market like never before Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
January 24, 2021, 03:19:43 PM
It's not just XRP that is having problems linking the reason the SEC reporting on a source doesn't verify over data.  Tether also goes into issues to interact with the dispute with Bitfinex.  File center is checked, is this fine for the future?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-and-bitfinex-seek-further-30-days-to-produce-critical-trial-documents/amp
As far as the legitimiacy and fiat backing of usdt is concerned im quite confidence it will be fine as recently their bank has also confirmed it fully, the only issue can be the fact that bitfinex violated any rules set by SEC before issuing usdt.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
Cashback 15%
January 24, 2021, 02:50:43 PM
I dont think Tether will be in a huge problem just like XRP, its a huge problem if they actually bring down the USDT but with SEC claiming we dont actually see a coin or cryptocurrency that go down in the case of SEC reports, most of the time it will just end up or agreed with a million dollar fine.

XRP problem as a security already make a huge impact in the market dumping the XRP coin on .27cens in the market, if the problem is not solve for sure it will be a huge trouble for them. If SEC wins this its going to be bad in some other crypto or altercoins as well.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
January 24, 2021, 02:24:30 PM
I am looking into DAI or BUSD as well in case something's not right with USDT regarding their current case along with Bitfinex. USDC is another option though. In terms of capitalization, USDT is currently leading in the list of stablecoins. I just hope nothing goes "really" wrong in the crypto market if USDT is indeed in big trouble later on because of the other stablecoins that are existing in the market as potential alternatives.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
January 24, 2021, 02:10:21 PM
Tether in bigger trouble than Ripple
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
January 24, 2021, 11:52:12 AM
Tether is a stablecoin and luckily for us we have tones of other stablecoin in the market,  if for any reason tether is under the sec scrutiny then jump ship and use one of the very many available, to me, I do not bother myself with tether and what the future holds for them since there are alternatives because they only serve one purpose.

At the moment, all existing stablecoins on the market will not be able to replace USDT by capitalization. Thus, if it is necessary to fix profits in stablecoins, they will not be enough for everyone. Without waiting for the court's decision, I have already exchanged my USDT for BUSD and DAI, which seem to me more attractive among other stable coins.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
January 24, 2021, 11:22:25 AM
Tether crisis will cause the whole industry crisis. Im not sure that we really need it
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
January 24, 2021, 11:16:29 AM
It's not just XRP that is having problems linking the reason the SEC reporting on a source doesn't verify over data.  Tether also goes into issues to interact with the dispute with Bitfinex.  File center is checked, is this fine for the future?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/tether-and-bitfinex-seek-further-30-days-to-produce-critical-trial-documents/amp

Will Tether go into a crisis like XRP?

IMHO, I think it was highly possible, If we notice in 2020 there was a red flag already about Tether (USDT), and because of this it was possible that Tether (USDT) is already on the SEC radar for investigation, The SEC's hostile approach towards cryptocurrencies is mean a lot and I'm sure that the persecution will not end on Ripple's XRP but on other cryptocurrencies as well who knows it might be Bitcoin or Ethereum. Just my opinion!
At least Tether has already announced several times about real support of USDT by the corresponding dollar fund and shares of various companies. Based on this, USDT is assigned to a certain amount of value and this should already contribute to SEC's loyalty to Tether.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
January 24, 2021, 10:43:24 AM
It's not just XRP that is having problems linking the reason the SEC reporting on a source doesn't verify over data.  Tether also goes into issues to interact with the dispute with Bitfinex.  File center is checked, is this fine for the future?

Will Tether go into a crisis like XRP?

IMHO, I think it was highly possible, If we notice in 2020 there was a red flag already about Tether (USDT), and because of this it was possible that Tether (USDT) is already on the SEC radar for investigation, The SEC's hostile approach towards cryptocurrencies is mean a lot and I'm sure that the persecution will not end on Ripple's XRP but on other cryptocurrencies as well who knows it might be Bitcoin or Ethereum. Just my opinion!
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
January 24, 2021, 08:11:39 AM
And what is the problem, I do not understand what is difficult in switching to using another stable currency. there are a lot of them on the market.
And they are all completely the same and do not differ from each other in any way, they are built on the same principle, the complete pegging of the coin to the dollar. Yes, you may be used to using USDT, but if you switch to another stablecoin, you won't even notice any differences in use.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
January 24, 2021, 07:15:54 AM
This thing about the Tether documents was just another FUD. There're plenty of threads about it. However if you some of you HODL USDT and feel scared about their funds, then just switch to DAI. Problem solved.
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
January 24, 2021, 07:15:26 AM
USDT is clean, they've passed through all proper verifications in the past, you need to do research on what USDT have passed through, they can't operate legally all this years if they aren't fully regulated, stop spreading panics
Activity: 2408
Merit: 674
God, save BTC!
January 24, 2021, 07:11:50 AM
There have been questions about Tether for a long time, and periodically there is a fuss about the company... But it seems to me that if they really had serious problems, they would have been shut down a long time ago! That's why I don't trust various news and information noise... It is just to someone's advantage that at a certain point people are wary of USDT...
But I would not trust Tether completely, as well as any other cryptocurrency... I use it from time to time...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 24, 2021, 06:50:26 AM
If TETHER got the same amount of pride with XRP, yes it will go through the same shts as xrp perhaps even worse because SEC loves playing games.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
January 24, 2021, 05:17:08 AM
While it is true that they are being prosecuted in the court of law for alleged market manipulation, hard evidence is yet to be presented. Therefore, all the accusations that have been submitted thus far, hold no ground as they are of purely speculative nature. There is no denying that there are scenario that’s been circling around for quite some time that Bitfinex influenced BTC price by printing USDT, in collaboration with Tether, that wasn’t backed. Until there are new witnesses or some sort of proof, the trial will remain stagnant.
Activity: 862
Merit: 100
January 24, 2021, 04:55:37 AM
Tether is ideal for those who are afraid to risk their money. USTD is a stable currency, the price holds, does not jump. And there were already precedents with the SEC proceedings, but Tether passed all the checks and came out of the situation with a clean reputation.
copper member
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1256
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
January 23, 2021, 10:19:06 PM
It can happen, but the possibility of becoming like XRP maybe a little bit too much. I don't think it's going to be gone anytime soon. There might be some fluctuations to its price being pegged to an actual dollar, but it's not going to be. I hope tether wouldn't be doing something illegal or something, or we are screwed. Possibly the value of BTC will go down as well if it happens. Everything could fall apart, and a crash will happen for sure.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 23, 2021, 10:03:46 PM
Tether will be good unlike Ripple did. They are dragging things too long.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
January 23, 2021, 08:19:37 PM
XRP case is different because in the XRP case the price also crashed in downward direction so much so that is lose double it pruce, but tether is still maintaining a good and reasonable price.
Basically the legal suit that is always taken by the regulators will always be related to the violation that already made by the platform. If tether is not yet got law suit from the regulators and it's not yet violating the regulation but ripple does it with its own security offering.

So many tether haters were always saying it will be go to the crisis just like XRP. People are taking it must be printed into the 1:1 ratio with USD while tether clearly said that it was using another kind of source to backed the tokens.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
January 23, 2021, 04:40:51 PM
Tether already has a much bigger marketcap than Ripple. moreover, this token is not an investment token, but a Fiat token, or stable coin,
of course it will be difficult to get rid of this stable coin, Tether has long had problems with the SEC, but their strength against the SEC is very strong,
I believe USDT will survive in the crypto market in the long run much longer.
Pages:
Jump to: