Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the Armory Wallet be made compatible with the Trezor hardware wallet? - page 2. (Read 9465 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1003
No Trezor for me until I have Armory integration with multiple wallets.
Oh, and manually choosing inputs too.

Ente

I completely agree... I see no need to buy a Trezor without Armory integration.

But devs probably have a lot in their hands. I'm patient, tho Smiley It will be good for both Trezor and Armory when they're both compatible.
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Short answer:  yes

I was actually planning on getting in touch with them soon, to discuss some way we could help each other out.

Is there any chance of supporting the Ledger (HW.1) also? If so that would be awesome too!!

legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
No Trezor for me until I have Armory integration with multiple wallets.
Oh, and manually choosing inputs too.

Ente
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
Trezor + MultibitHD + Full Node on localhost might also work. However it still SPV connects to other nodes, and only uses the first HD account
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3068
You could host your own full node, and electrum server (or jelectrum).  I've been asking the folks at mycelium to allow a SPV connection to your own full node, this would also work

Ah, I'd not thought of that. Here are the instructions for setting up an Electrum server: https://www.sky-ip.org/configure-electrum-server-debian-ubuntu.html

At a glance, I'm not sure whether I care enough right now to attempt setting up an Electrum server, re-indexing the bitcoin blockchain using a different config option is not very enticing. It's good that the option does exist though, thanks AussieHash
Incidentally, I have discovered that out of all the options available, there is no possibility to use a Trezor with wallet software that protects your extended public key and/or public key seed (not sure which of those each piece of wallet software uses). This is as a result of the non-decentralised aspects of those wallets; even Multibit must reveal the pertaining extended public key to the bitcoin core nodes that it uses to validate each transaction.

You could host your own full node, and electrum server (or jelectrum).  I've been asking the folks at mycelium to allow a SPV connection to your own full node, this would also work
legendary
Incidentally, I have discovered that out of all the options available, there is no possibility to use a Trezor with wallet software that protects your extended public key and/or public key seed (not sure which of those each piece of wallet software uses). This is as a result of the non-decentralised aspects of those wallets; even Multibit must reveal the pertaining extended public key to the bitcoin core nodes that it uses to validate each transaction.

Armory is the only prospect for using a Trezor privately, particularly important if you would also like to use the Trezor for authenticating logins. I'd like to use a hardware wallet for the long term, but if there's any question as to whether Trezor integration will happen, then I'll have to start thinking about alternatives. Can we get some kind of commitment that the integration will happen? I am willing to help test etc
legendary
It's the same as it was before. We want to implement Trezor support, but we need to finish the new wallets first (our current wallet format is not compatible with Trezor).

What will be the changes on the new wallets that will allow it to implement Trezor that the current wallet doesn't have?

BIP32. All the wallet functions of BIP32 wallets are available to Armory users now, as it's wallet format already uses H/D address generation, but it currently uses Armory's own format (which won't operate with a Trezor directly). So it's just about inter-operating with standards defined outside Armory, basically.
Activity: 228
Merit: 106
It's the same as it was before. We want to implement Trezor support, but we need to finish the new wallets first (our current wallet format is not compatible with Trezor).

What will be the changes on the new wallets that will allow it to implement Trezor that the current wallet doesn't have?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
legendary
Activity: 1498
Anything is better than that horrible wallet electrum which is the only desktop wallet that supports trezor besides a website.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
Very much looking forward to Armory/Trezor integration Smiley
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
legendary
Armory Developer
We have a roadmap, but nothing public. You can still try your luck with etotheipi =P
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
We will come with a test build in the upcoming weeks, but there is no guaranty the new wallets will be ready by then. Our short term goal is to improve the robustness of the new backend, and then the new wallets when they are ready, so we won't be implementing support for Trezor while we aren't satisfied with the solidity of all this new code.

Thanks goatpig.

Is there by any chance an "Armory Roadmap" or similar that is publically available?
legendary
Armory Developer
We will come with a test build in the upcoming weeks, but there is no guaranty the new wallets will be ready by then. Our short term goal is to improve the robustness of the new backend, and then the new wallets when they are ready, so we won't be implementing support for Trezor while we aren't satisfied with the solidity of all this new code.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Trezor support at best in the next release, that's late October/early November if everything goes according to plan.

It is early November any update on this feature.
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
Along with the BIP32 wallet version, so either 0.93 or 0.94.
Any update on this? I have a Trezor, but I don't like using it with MyTrezor.com

Trezor support at best in the next release, that's late October/early November if everything goes according to plan.
Pages:
Jump to: