Author

Topic: will the bitcoin reach $1000 one day...? - page 111. (Read 112632 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
maybe but will take very long like 10 years minimum, but most likely never

Instead of price I would better hear if it is even possible for bitcoin technically be as much used as Visa/MC/paypal or it has to be specialized for small market only like now because it can sustain so little transactions per day  Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Sure, why not? In bitcoin you can lose everything too, so invest wisely.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Would be great Smiley
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
@Rassah wow very good detail there. I'd have to agree with you on the bulk of that.

As we develop the technology to make the using of bitcoin easier the more people will adopt it. There more people that use it, the more this little experiment of our will continue to grow and because of this the 1BTC to USD rate will increase.
Cheers
Activity: 10
Your opinion

Thats entirely your opinion
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
Ask yourself a question "What pros and cons of a bitcoin? " and you will know the answer. I can see only two pros:
1. It is anonymous which is makes it excellent for any shade transactions, excellent tool for the criminals
2. It is real, it can not be printed as any other currency.

3. It is reliable and secure
4. It is irreversible
5. The supply and inflation rate are publicly known and unmodifiable.
6. It is fast.
7. The transaction fees are currently significantly less than any other electronic payment method.
8. It can be backed up to protect against loss in a fire, flood, tornado, etc.
9. It is as easy to transport $1 worth as it is to transport $1 million worth.
10. It is easy to hide and to secure against theft

Cons:
1. It is anonymous which leads to many other cons (please feel free to add below)

2. There is no regulation, and therefore no protection from theft.
3. There are no deposits insured by a reliable underwriter.
4. It is still complex for the average user to use and secure.
5. Most of the "wallets" have quirks that the user must adapt to.
6. Lack of current infrastructure significantly limits the ability to use and exchange.
Activity: 134
Activity: 28
Your opinion
Yes in the very near future
Activity: 21
With USD inflation, BTC has the possibility of getting up there, but its honestly just a matter of time. 10 years, I could see it being at 1000.

+1
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
Cons:
1. It is unanimous which leads to many other cons (please feel free to add below)
  you mean onanimous?
Activity: 54
I think a new coin will come along... I like Primecoin for a start! so no it will probably not go there... but I hope it does since I own a few  Grin
Activity: 134
Ask yourself a question "What pros and cons of a bitcoin? " and you will know the answer. I can see only two pros:
1. It is anonymous which is makes it excellent for any shade transactions, excellent tool for the criminals
2. It is real, it can not be printed as any other currency.

Cons:
1. It is anonymous which leads to many other cons (please feel free to add below)
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Well i think in the next 2 years or sooner. When difficulty becomes so high that even ASIC miners would have a hard time making them.

There was a period of time back in 2011 when Bitcoin price declined to $2.95, and mining became unprofitable for many GPU miners. So, a lot of miners shut down their hardware, and time to include in a block went up just a tad. It wasn't really noticeable unless you bothered to calculate an average over the course of a few days. A week later, difficulty actually went down. Two weeks after, difficulty came down again, and it became profitable to mine again. That's how it works: if it's unprofitable, miners stop mining, difficulty drops, and it starts being profitable again.
legendary
Well i think in the next 2 years or sooner. When difficulty becomes so high that even ASIC miners would have a hard time making them.

Then you don't understand how difficulty works in bitcoin.

If ASIC miners can't mine bitcoin profitably, then they will shut off their mining rigs.  If they do that, then difficulty will decrease.

Or are you saying that some new technology that is more efficient than ASIC will be developed?
Activity: 3
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
It depends if the authorities find a way to prohibit the use of digital currencies.
Activity: 33
Of course BTC will reach $1000, and the rest. Bitcoin won't die.
Activity: 2
It'll either reach $10K+ or $0 in 10 years time...

What we need is a distribution network to faciliate the exchange rate, everything through MtGox is a problem and present a target to be attacked.
thy
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
Yes it will definately reach (and pass) 1000 $ per BTC, and it might happen sooner than many people thinks, but exactly when that will happen is a good question, i guess only the future can tell......
Jump to: