Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the current rally in US stock market help it’s economy in the long run?. - page 2. (Read 571 times)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Doesn't necessarily mean that it would happen though, and I doubt many would actually believe it. It's more like them putting assurance to the heart of the masses temporarily, but that's it. Without any results, they'd probably suffer the repercussions of what they said, and by 2021 at that. Let's not even mention how the current pandemic accelerated the downfall of the US economy. In all honesty, if the US doesn't move properly, they might get shoved off of their throne as a top country.

Additionally, you can also plainly see that the words of Trump are for the masses. I doubt those rich guys would actually believe what Trump is saying right now, and instead would probably think how they can increase their riches much more than what it is right now.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
Apparently Trump is simply hoping to print again enough dollars and thus boost the US economy. If other states do the same, then a global economic crisis will be inevitable. Due to unprecedented measures to combat the spread of coronavirus, the global economy is now very weak and it will take more time to restore it than one year. This should take about three years. In addition, the coronavirus is still not completely defeated, and it is too early to talk about the timing of the restoration of markets and state economies.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
For sure, the majority of the Americans will not agree.

All these talks of rallying stock market, improving US economy which is primarily measured by its GDP, and so on are nauseating to say the least.

High figures in relation to these claims do not mean anything at all. These are all hollow numbers as far as the real day-to-day life of a jobless father and mother moving heaven and earth just to put food on the table.

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
It is not the stock market that help the economy, it is the other way around.

Analysts believe that the economy will recover next year, this is why they are getting stocks now, as that recovered (next year) is already priced in. Simple as that Wink
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
The stock market can be a prediction of what's to come and it can be based on speculation, I don't think it's all that great of a metric to measure the economy in the long run. We already have the job loss numbers and GDP numbers which indicate a recovery is going to take nearly 10 years.

The stock market is probably people just buying low knowing that it's going to recover at some point, this doesn't mean the economic turmoil isn't going to last far beyond than that the stock market might "predict".
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
it certainly doesn't help in any direct way.

the only way it helps IMO is psychologically. it could make people more optimistic about an economic recovery. that could mean improved consumer confidence, which in turn could stimulate spending that is so badly needed by businesses.

investors are just betting on a strong economic recovery. that doesn't guarantee they'll actually get one.

Stock markets are only one facet of the economy while the rest is mainly from taxes which the working class contributes heavily to, and with some 40 million Americans currently unemployed, how would a bounce back in September be possible? I'm not a pessimist but all points signal south of what Trump likes to make it look like.

+1. he looks very out of touch when he celebrates the stock market while remaining silent on insane unemployment levels.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
There've long been two economies - the one you see on trading screens where money is magicked up out of nowhere and winds up in the right pockets, and then you have the day to day reality for the millions of little people slowly getting worse off by the week.

I presume the divide will grow ever starker. They'll throw crumbs at the real people but concentrate on keeping those plates spinning at the top. The only thing that'll change that is how vocal the peons become about it and we're seeing the responses they're willing to throw at that right now.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The POTUS is continuously drawing lines on the sand and not addressing the domestic problems his country is facing currently. That's very un-gentlemanly, and un-Presidently if you ask me, but what do you really expect from someone who runs his mouth first before checking at the facts. Stock markets are only one facet of the economy while the rest is mainly from taxes which the working class contributes heavily to, and with some 40 million Americans currently unemployed, how would a bounce back in September be possible? I'm not a pessimist but all points signal south of what Trump likes to make it look like.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
To assume the date of the recovery is difficult to analyze now because the pandemic is still in effect to the world. Besides, it won't take that very long for the America to recover their losses, I'm pretty sure they already have come up to a solution for this threatening situation. But let's say the pandemic will end before December, within this year, I feel like they'd be more than recover before the 2022, for me it would take at least a year to fully recover.

I interpret the rally on the USA stock market as a hope, it is more of taking advantage of low prices thinking that it will increase in later years.

Nah, don't believe on Trump, he must be thinking of pure good things now coz you know what's happening in the america right now.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
A problem is solved if you identity it. The problem in the US economy at the moment is that millions jobs have been lost , so it won't be much of a problem anymore. US is making new money available already. I think what Trump could be looking at is to make money available to industries as stimulus. If the manufacturing sector go back fully, the economy will have a boost. So I think it is still possible that the economy will come back and with election around the corner, Trump is likely to fast track things.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
I’m not so sure if we will witness more bull rallies in the US stock market this year, but apparently Trump believes that more such rallies will come this year, and he even claims that this is the proof that US economy is already improving.

Furthermore he also states that US economy will continue to rebound by September, and it’ll completely rise by 2021, but many people do not agree with his analysis as they claim that 40 million US citizens have already lost their jobs, and hence it won’t be so easy to revive the economy by 2021.

What are your analysis on this, do you’ll agree with his thoughts or do you’ll too feel that the US economy cannot be revived by 2021.

"I feel more and more confident that our economy is in the early stages of coming back very strong," he tweeted. "Not everyone agrees with me, but I have little doubt."

"Watch for September, October, November," Trump continued. "Next year will be one of the best ever, and look at the Stock Market NOW!"

Source:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-cheers-stock-rally-us-economy-coming-back-very-strong-2020-6-1029279666

Pages:
Jump to: