Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the Ethereum Fork bring about price increase? - page 5. (Read 666 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 108
I learnt that the ethereum fork will bring about reduction in reward per block for miners from 3ETH to 2ETH thereby causing Ethereum to be scarce.

My question is will the scarcity bring about signifant increase in price?

From a strictly economic point of view reduction of Ethereum inflation should lead to price increase. After fork expectations of traders also play their role.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
It may or may not bring about a price increase in the short-term, but I'm confident that it will in the long-term - it's an important development step on the roadmap.
Any short-term impact has likely already been priced in, which is why I'm a bit skeptical that we'll see a big rise straight after the fork takes effect.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
I learnt that the ethereum fork will bring about reduction in reward per block for miners from 3ETH to 2ETH thereby causing Ethereum to be scarce.

That is for sure, but the question is when will the fork would occur, because recently it has been postponed due to some speculation of attacks., and so if it could happen after the forked, im so sure that the scarcity of supply would definitely bring back the price to its original state.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250

It will, can you imagine when each of miners can dump 3 ethereum to the market directly before the forks and in the future they will dump only 2 ethereum to the market. that means there will be around 33% decrease in the inflation that caused by the miners to prevent the market to grow.
Activity: 24
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: